• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gonna be an interesting Superbowl.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something they haven't done in a very long time. couldn't even do it at home against two mediocre teams from the AFC South who both played in the WC round and were travel weary.
Counterpoint: Packers were also mediocre

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be a fun one to watch because both Reid and Shanahan will have an extra week to cook in the kitchen.

At the moment I favor the 9ers because you have a strength on strength situation with Chief's passing offensive vs the 9ers passing D but you have a mismatch with the 9ers running attack vs the Chiefs run defense.

Also unlike the Titans the 9ers aren't as dependent on the run as the Titans are. It might look like it because of how much they've run the ball the last two games but Shanahan is fully capable of dialing up the pass if he needs to.

And oddly enough the lack of passing the ball might be a boon for the 9ers because that gives very little recent film for the Chiefs to work on and it likely means Shanahan probably has a lot of calls that he has up his sleeve because he didn't have to use them for the past two weeks.

Chiefs offense is scary though and if they get up quickly it could be tough on the 9ers to dig themselves out of it. I'd still run the ball as much as the Chiefs will let you but you can't let your foot off the gas like I thought the 9ers did a bit in the 2nd half of the Packers game.
What does that mean "take your foot off the gas"? Does anyone think the Niners stopped trying in the second half? An all time great QB was slinging it from a big deficit and scored a couple TDs. It's not like the Niners said "meh let's not try this half"

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord are the Packers defense garbage. Just checking stats and Jimmy G only had 8 passes.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean "take your foot off the gas"? Does anyone think the Niners stopped trying in the second half? An all time great QB was slinging it from a big deficit and scored a couple TDs. It's not like the Niners said "meh let's not try this half"

I felt that running Mostert on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs was too conservative and that they threw away a couple drives doing that. I'm glad they finally let Jimmy pass in the 4th quarter, especially on that 3rd down play where Kittle drew the PI penalty.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counterpoint: Packers were also mediocre

You don't need to tell me that, I told everyone the Packers were terrible after the Seahawks game and that they'd be humiliated by the 49ers:

Game Thread: - Seahawks @ Packers 5:40 Central Sunday on Fox

But that has nothing to do with the specific point about fast starts. The Chiefs have been horrific in this area while the 49ers have dominated, thus I see it as highly unlikely the Chiefs could suddenly reverse this trend especially against the best competition they could face.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be an interesting SB, Great Offense v Great Defense, Decent Offense v Shitty Defense
Kind of strange but even with KC crappy defense I give the edge to KC

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those final drives are so nervewracking, especially if your team is on defense. Seems like defensive players are pretty worn down by the end of the game and when an offense knows that it will use all 4 downs, even an average NFL offense feels very potent in those late game situations. Definitely Mahomes is better, but I think Jimmy G is actually the leader or tied for the lead in 4th quarter comebacks this season.
Good point about tired defenses in the 4th

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about tired defenses in the 4th

Yeah the 10 yards to pick up for first down seems so much easier in the last few minutes of the 4th. I think a part of that is defenses tending to go conservative, but fatigue and more downs to defend are also problems for your late game defense, IMO.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are the better all around team, I think, but Mahomes is special and can win it all by himself.

Hill ,Kelce and Watkins are no scrubs

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Oilers eliminated, I'm going to root for the Dallas Texans.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to tell me that, I told everyone the Packers were terrible after the Seahawks game and that they'd be humiliated by the 49ers:

Game Thread: - Seahawks @ Packers 5:40 Central Sunday on Fox

But that has nothing to do with the specific point about fast starts. The Chiefs have been horrific in this area while the 49ers have dominated, thus I see it as highly unlikely the Chiefs could suddenly reverse this trend especially against the best competition they could face.
Chiefs definitely can't start slow and beat the Niners.

Niners and Chiefs are better than their advanced metrics because they've both had a lot of key injuries. I haven't seen enough of the Niners to know what they're capable of. I just know the most talented team in the AFC advanced.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs had 27 carries if you include Mahomes 8 runs. What’s fascinating is that is more run plays in the one playoff game then every single of the 12 plus playoff games as an Eagles head coach. Maybe I’m off one or two :thumb: but it was good to see him finally run the ball.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be an interesting SB, Great Offense v Great Defense, Decent Offense v Shitty Defense
Kind of strange but even with KC crappy defense I give the edge to KC

I agree. I have this feeling KC puts up over 40

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs definitely can't start slow and beat the Niners.

Niners and Chiefs are better than their advanced metrics because they've both had a lot of key injuries. I haven't seen enough of the Niners to know what they're capable of. I just know the most talented team in the AFC advanced.

Chiefs should've never gotten rid of Kareem Hunt, he would be a huge weapon against the 49ers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically speaking, does anyone know how many times the #1 offense has faced the #1 defense in the Super Bowl ?