• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gonna be an interesting Superbowl.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Packers played a banged up Hawks team and when they played the Chiefs earlier in the season Mahomes and other key players weren't playing for the Chiefs. I don't think the Packers were terrible but like the Titans they relied on their one key weapon on offense and you just can't do that at a Super Bowl level.

My early read on the Super Bowl is that the Chiefs can erase leads quickly and that no one has really made the Niners look bad all year. The Niners losses look like they basically amount to 'Lamar Jackson made plays', 'Russell Wilson made plays' and 'Julio Jones made plays' and I'm sure the Niners defense wasn't 100% for some or all of these games.

I think a normal coach would look at the Niners and try to mix in about 50-60% run plays. Andy Reid isn't going to do that. My guess is that he is going to try and attack them the same way they attack the Broncos when they're good. Not sure who the Chiefs will put on Sherman. Hardman would be my guess because he actually has some physicality to his track speed. Sherman could lock him up for 95% of the game but if Hardman beats him then he'd be gone. Then again, the Chiefs might play more conventional and have Watkins get the matchup. No idea.

The big matchup, though, is going to be the Niners offense against the Chiefs defense. I think both units have improved over the season and I think they might both be a little underrated in terms of what they can do. Teams can absolutely run on the Chiefs but its generally on the outside and generally if the Chiefs respect the opposing QB. Jimmy G doesn't have to outduel Mahomes but he does have to make plays.

I wouldn't be shocked if the betting comes in pretty heavy on the Niners. History is on their side with their defense. Mahomes can make plays, though.
Damn good comment.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82625216_3062156127164388_5356484616578400256_n.jpg
This is true.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top offense vs. top defense.

Can the niners defense slow down mahomes & his homies?

Can the Chiefs defense slow down the Niners running game?

Niners defense has shown they are more than capable.

Chiefs defense just stop a top running game in the NFL.

There is a lot of of ways this game can go.

Could be a blow out either way or a high scoring good game or even a low scoring good game.

I can see all the options on the table depending on how each battle is won or lost.

This is gonna be one superbowl I am excited to see for once in a long while.

Good luck to both teams & I hope it isnt a blowout either way.

KC...triggerman, speedy weapons, elite level OFC...D played better 2nd half of the season, and it continued yesterday.

SF...very good D, but imo not elite...balanced by a high powered multi-faceted motion OFC that imo makes them the most complete team.

Verdict...barring turnovers, I don't think either DEF will be able to shut down the opposing OFC...looking for a game with both teams in the high 20s to mid 30s. Could be the last team with the ball wins.

My guess today

KC 37, SF 32