• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gonna Be A Long Season

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much more evidence do you need since Nagy took over?
Last year total yards, total,
game 1 363
game 2 304
game 3 437
gane 4 269
game 1 252
game 2 388
game 3 164
game 4 226

And its not the final preseason game, its overall time playing together. Most quarterbacks throw for those kind of yards.

correlation does not equal causation. There's a million reason why this could of happened.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correlation does not equal causation. There's a million reason why this could of happened.

I must be getting old...because "could of" annoys the hell out of me. I never really gave a sh*t about your/you're or frankly any other grammar errors that you see 1,000 times a day on the net. *shrugs* Just goes to show how much we sound out words when we type these days I guess. I can't rationalize any other reason that "could of" has become a thing. If you read/write a lot, how does this error happen, despite the verbalization of "could've?"

Edit: This isn't an attack on BsGenius, despite my lulzing of any trolling of him by myself or others...The "If you..." is a general commentary not directed. Just riffin'.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch "Could Of" Trubisky. Hmmm...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*yawn

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much more evidence do you need since Nagy took over?
Last year total yards, total,
game 1 363
game 2 304
game 3 437
gane 4 269
game 1 252
game 2 388
game 3 164
game 4 226

And its not the final preseason game, its overall time playing together. Most quarterbacks throw for those kind of yards.
Your point has not been made to the amount of total yardage gained by the Bears offense. It has been that they have started slow, as a whole.

Yet, they have started 3-1, every single year of Nagy's tenure.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. sit watching sunday night, another week to prepare for the best defense in the NFL last year with two more days of practice.

Then sunday night, when they have 30 yards of total offense, no first downs, please do not think of possibly not having any cohesiveness in the offense.

The only reason they were not 1-3 last year were two dropped touchdown passes, one against detroit, another against the falcons.

New start, same story at this place.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone thinks that Matt Nagy has made a convincing argument that he has thus far earned the right to remain Bears coach beyond this season, they're wrong. He hasn't been Dick Jauron or Dave Wannstedt...but I'm not even close to sold this guy will ever hoist a trophy as a head coach. I'd bet heavily against it if forced to put money on such a proposition right now.

That said...Just like Mitch got excuses during his tenure here...so too will Nagy. Every game from here will continue telling the story. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sh*tcanned at the end of this season if we stink up the joint...and neither should you be. There's nothing really special about the guy 3 seasons in now. I know everyone is always about the backseat coaching...but rarely do I find myself saying "Man Nagy really killed it right there." Far from it. How he handles preseason...player personnel...playcalling...Timeouts...Randomness of how he handles situations. Meh...He needs to really up his game for me. He's on a Mitch "Get out of firing free" card as far as I'm concerned. Screw his record.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. sit watching sunday night, another week to prepare for the best defense in the NFL last year with two more days of practice.

Then sunday night, when they have 30 yards of total offense, no first downs, please do not think of possibly not having any cohesiveness in the offense.

The only reason they were not 1-3 last year were two dropped touchdown passes, one against detroit, another against the falcons.

If we drop a deuce offensively Sunday, Nagy/Pace have the luckbox fallout of everyone will call for Fields rather than point the negativity towards them like the GB sh*tfest opener in 2019. The only really unfortunate thing that Fields' presence will bring. He'll allow their suckassedness to be somewhat overlooked.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone thinks that Matt Nagy has made a convincing argument that he has thus far earned the right to remain Bears coach beyond this season, they're wrong. He hasn't been Dick Jauron or Dave Wannstedt...but I'm not even close to sold this guy will ever hoist a trophy as a head coach. I'd bet heavily against it if forced to put money on such a proposition right now.

That said...Just like Mitch got excuses during his tenure here...so too will Nagy. Every game from here will continue telling the story. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sh*tcanned at the end of this season if we stink up the joint...and neither should you be. There's nothing really special about the guy 3 seasons in now. I know everyone is always about the backseat coaching...but rarely do I find myself saying "Man Nagy really killed it right there." Far from it. How he handles preseason...player personnel...playcalling...Timeouts...Randomness of how he handles situations. Meh...He needs to really up his game for me. He's on a Mitch "Get out of firing free" card as far as I'm concerned. Screw his record.
absolutely. I heard a sound bite from Nagy this week about how this offense works in Kansas City. How it took years to get it implemented and they are right at that pace now.

From what I remember, the Kansas City offense did not start clicking until Nagy was hired as the bears head coach.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah when the offense sucks Sunday against the best defense in football, we'll all be thinking it's because Dalton didn't play in the last preseason game (rolls eyes)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet, if they do play horrible vs LAR (very possible - tough game). You will still be 100% wrong in your assertion that the Bears played their starters less than any other teams.

If you think it's commonplace for starters to play the final game of pre-season - I actually question if this is your first year viewing the NFL.

Lol... now it's "Well, they won... but it was the way they won". Just stop and cut your losses on this topic, man. The Falcons didn't drop a TD late in that game either. ARob did have one robbed from him by the officiating crew, though. There's just not a place where your statement that the Bears have been a "slow start" team under Nagy can hold water when they have been 3-1 every year.

There's also not a place where your assertion that Nagy hasn't played starters in pre-season holds up either. Besides 2019, that is. Where is the team that played all of their 1's for an extended period, in each pre-season game?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there anyone that actually believes Nagy has earned the job beyond this year, though? I feel like you're yelling at an empty room. Everyone I've heard speak on the issue is on board with this being a make or break season.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone that actually believes Nagy has earned the job beyond this year, though? I feel like you're yelling at an empty room. Everyone I've heard speak on the issue is on board with this being a make or break season.
Pace…and thus McCaskeys. I’m sure of it. But there are plenty of apologists out there…

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich runs this bitch, if you do not agree with rich, you are yelling at an empty room, because, well, it is an empty room because we get run out for having an idea.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears did start 3-0 last year but it wasn't a glorious 3-0.

Lions dropped a game winning TD. And they weren't a good team.

Giants just missed a late comeback. I believe it ended on an OPI by Tate at the Bears 10. Giants were also awful last year.

And we made a comeback against a team that has made collapses an artform in Atlanta. Atlanta completes the trifecta of being a bad team last season.

So yeah...3-0. I wouldn't call it a slow start but I wouldn't say we were on fire either. We were kinda crap the entire season. A misleading 3-0 to start following by going 5-8 the rest of the way and losing in a very undeserved playoff game.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears did start 3-0 last year but it wasn't a glorious 3-0.

Lions dropped a game winning TD. And they weren't a good team.

Giants just missed a late comeback. I believe it ended on an OPI by Tate at the Bears 10. Giants were also awful last year.

And we made a comeback against a team that has made collapses an artform in Atlanta. Atlanta completes the trifecta of being a bad team last season.

So yeah...3-0. I wouldn't call it a slow start but I wouldn't say we were on fire either. We were kinda crap the entire season. A misleading 3-0 to start following by going 5-8 the rest of the way and losing in a very undeserved playoff game.

This...but also let us never forget that the opener in 2019 was one of the most telling/disappointing "you know we're f*cked" Debbie Downer games I've experienced as a Bears fan. TONS of excitement/euphoria/hype destroyed in a single half of football...and then it just continued all the way to sesason's end from there.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...but also let us never forget that the opener in 2019 was one of the most telling/disappointing "you know we're f*cked" Debbie Downer games I've experienced as a Bears fan. TONS of excitement/euphoria/hype destroyed in a single half of football...and then it just continued all the way to sesason's end from there.

Defense played great in that game. Offense was a joke.

The opener the year before was worse, even though the season itself was better.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But thank goodness we didn't tank. But hey we made the playoffs!

lmao

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But thank goodness we didn't tank. But hey we made the playoffs!

lmao

Yeah if we had tanked we could have gotten a really good prospect QB like Justin Fields or someone.

Only teams that tank get guys like that though.