• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If love comes back and kyrie/love stay healthy, i'd say they can win between 58-63 games. At this point, there is a big difference between reg. season lebron and playoff lebron (rightfully so, it'd be foolish to use THAT much energy every night of an 82 game season). But I think a healthy Cavs team can has a great chance at a 'ship. Question is, can the important guys stay healthy? that, i'm not so sure of.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If love comes back and kyrie/love stay healthy, i'd say they can win between 58-63 games. At this point, there is a big difference between reg. season lebron and playoff lebron (rightfully so, it'd be foolish to use THAT much energy every night of an 82 game season). But I think a healthy Cavs team can has a great chance at a 'ship. Question is, can the important guys stay healthy? that, i'm not so sure of.

I'm not even sure why he is so fascinated with them going after 70 wins. Be happy with 56+ wins and HCA at least until the finals. Who gives a damn about 70 wins?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are going to be hearing that a lot. There is a reason the Cavs are 9-4 favs to win it in Vegas and the next closest are the Warriors and OKC at 5-1

Cavs are stacked- and as long as Love does not pull a quick one here- they will be ridiculous next year.

70 wins is in play- I promise you it is. :)

There are only 2 reasons the Cavs are that big of a favorite.
1. LeBron
2. They play in the East.
If you are betting now, you are guessing who will survive 11 months in advance.
It's very logical to assume the Cavs will make it. It gets much trickier if you're trying to pick the opponent, hence the higher odds.
Chances are, as they were this year, when the time comes, the team from the West will be favored over any team from the East.

As far as 70 wins, NO CHANCE, because you're only chance would be if you're team was 100% healthy ( which it will never stay for an entire season), and James could play with the effort for 82 that he played in the Finals.

His body is BEAT UP at the end of these seasons.
He will always pace himself like he did this year.
As BK asked, what's this fixation?
Look at the Hawks last year, tons of regular seasons wins mean nothing if you peak in Feb.

James is 20/20 with at least 1 road wins in playoff series.
HC is important if you get to a game 7. Other then that, no biggie.

In his 4 Finals losses, the winning team celebrated on HIS home court, right?

The chances of some of your players who finished this season on the IR is much greater than 70 wins.
I promise you that.

Just hope it isn't ever James, because that roster without him becomes the Milwaukee Bucks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very logical to assume the Cavs will make it.

Just hope it isn't ever James, because that roster without him becomes the Milwaukee Bucks.

your damn right its very logical to assume the Cavs make it to the Finals-

and seriously- the Bucks are a good team- Giannis, Middleton, Parker, MCW, Mayo---ESPECIALLY Giannis and Parker- 2 guys that will be among te top 10 players in the EAst before long. - but the Cavs with Love, Kyrie, Thompson, Mozgov, etc. would still be a solid team, have one of the best front courts, a great PG- and could find a SF with the money from LBJ and others leaving.

Somehow the Heat are 30-1 odds even though they have all stars flying out the wazzooooo. The most dominant center in the game in Whiteside. The best point guard in the East in Dragic. The absolute forces that are Bosh and Wade. What is up with that man? I think someone messed up and moved that decimal point over- its supposed to be 3-1 odds. AMIRITE?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your damn right its very logical to assume the Cavs make it to the Finals-

and seriously- the Bucks are a good team- Giannis, Middleton, Parker, MCW, Mayo---ESPECIALLY Giannis and Parker- 2 guys that will be among te top 10 players in the EAst before long. - but the Cavs with Love, Kyrie, Thompson, Mozgov, etc. would still be a solid team, have one of the best front courts, a great PG- and could find a SF with the money from LBJ and others leaving.

Somehow the Heat are 30-1 odds even though they have all stars flying out the wazzooooo. The most dominant center in the game in Whiteside. The best point guard in the East in Dragic. The absolute forces that are Bosh and Wade. What is up with that man? I think someone messed up and moved that decimal point over- its supposed to be 3-1 odds. AMIRITE?

I wasn't implying that James was leaving. He's not. I meant if he was injured and they had to play without him.

And please show me where I EVER said Dragic was the best PG in the East?
I said he was a better PG then Kyrie. Saying PG means just that. I never even went as far as to say he was a better player then Kyrie.
I said I would be happy with either and would pick determined by the rest of the roster.

Question for you.
Who would you have rather have had on your roster for the last 2 weeks... Dragic or Kyrie?

Maybe you missed it during your rehab last week, but Trojan threatened bans on people who just MAKE SHIT UP.

Pretty much your entire paragraph fits into that category.
Hopefully he reads it and gives you a timeout.

While I am very high on Whiteside I said he COULD become the most dominant center in the game, never said he WAS.

As far as 30-1, the odds should be higher. Thats to WIN the championship.

As is, I believe that is the same as the Wizards are.
We don't even know team rosters yet.
Any future bet at this point is ridiculous to make or even talk about.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't implying that James was leaving. He's not. I meant if he was injured and they had to play without him.

And please show me where I EVER said Dragic was the best PG in the East?
I said he was a better PG then Kyrie. Saying PG means just that. I never even went as far as to say he was a better player then Kyrie.
I said I would be happy with either and would pick determined by the rest of the roster.

Question for you.
Who would you have rather have had on your roster for the last 2 weeks... Dragic or Kyrie?

Maybe you missed it during your rehab last week, but Trojan threatened bans on people who just MAKE SHIT UP.

Pretty much your entire paragraph fits into that category.
Hopefully he reads it and gives you a timeout.

While I am very high on Whiteside I said he COULD become the most dominant center in the game, never said he WAS.

As far as 30-1, the odds should be higher. Thats to WIN the championship.

As is, I believe that is the same as the Wizards are.
We don't even know team rosters yet.
Any future bet at this point is ridiculous to make or even talk about.

you gotta lighten up man. Geez- I should be the one all doom and gloom after just watching my team lose the Finals. You are about as happy as a dog after it gets fixed it seems like.

And obviously you do not think Whiteside is the most dominant center in the game- at least I hope so- but saying stuff like "he could be"---- is just weak - and then threatening people off of it is just weaker. Kyrie Irving "could be the MVP someday" .... I "could grow an arm out of my ass". Tristan Thompson "could make a couple all star teams"- i mean- if you are going to qualify all your opinions on a sports discussion website why even make them? its real real weak man.

and of course you take the healthy player- but Kyrie did play 75 games- and out of those 7 misses a couple were at the very end of the year and just rest- and he did play top 5 minutes in the entire league- KYrie was unlucky that the games he missed came at the wrong time- he hurts his knee in November and plays in 70 games everyone says how great and healthy he was this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure why he is so fascinated with them going after 70 wins. Be happy with 56+ wins and HCA at least until the finals. Who gives a damn about 70 wins?

Because MJ's best Bulls team won 72. Cavs fans and Lebroniacs think that if Lebron can get to 70 wins, they can claim he's the GOAT.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because MJ's best Bulls team won 72. Cavs fans and Lebroniacs think that if Lebron can get to 70 wins, they can claim he's the GOAT.
The LeBron 'haters' are FAR more obsessed with comparing him to MJ, than the Cavs fans or LeBron fans are.

Please show me all the Cavs fans on here declaring LeBron as the GOAT. I must have missed all of those posts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you gotta lighten up man. Geez- I should be the one all doom and gloom after just watching my team lose the Finals. You are about as happy as a dog after it gets fixed it seems like.

And obviously you do not think Whiteside is the most dominant center in the game- at least I hope so- but saying stuff like "he could be"---- is just weak - and then threatening people off of it is just weaker. Kyrie Irving "could be the MVP someday" .... I "could grow an arm out of my ass". Tristan Thompson "could make a couple all star teams"- i mean- if you are going to qualify all your opinions on a sports discussion website why even make them? its real real weak man.

and of course you take the healthy player- but Kyrie did play 75 games- and out of those 7 misses a couple were at the very end of the year and just rest- and he did play top 5 minutes in the entire league- KYrie was unlucky that the games he missed came at the wrong time- he hurts his knee in November and plays in 70 games everyone says how great and healthy he was this year.

I'm a constant STEADY. It's ENTERTAINMENT first, to me. Winning is a fun ride, but doesn't change my life in any way.

And "could be" is weak, but your 70+ win predictions aren't?
Whiteside has a tons better chance to be in the all star game then the Cavs do of winning 70 regular season games.

Who has a better chance of finishing the season healthy next year, Dragic or Kyrie?

I have no problem with any opinion, but I have a problem with people MAKING SHIT UP to try to make thier opinion fit.

And the threat wasn't my idea, take that up with Trojan.
Same circumstance though. Delusional Cavs fan just making shit up about other people.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that should get my posts more in line with the literacy level of this website. lol

Your posts are well below the literacy level of this site and your obnoxious 2500+ word posts that do nothing but say the shame shit over and over aren't going to happen. Anyone on here can read the first sentence of one of your idiotic rants and know everything else that's in the post.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a constant STEADY. It's ENTERTAINMENT first, to me. Winning is a fun ride, but doesn't change my life in any way.

If I'm being honest... I'm trying to be more like this. I've come along way in the last 20 years... but the outcome of my teams still affects me more than it should as a 30 year old man.

I'm slowly getting there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And "could be" is weak, but your 70+ win predictions aren't?
Whiteside has a tons better chance to be in the all star game then the Cavs do of winning 70 regular season games.

Who has a better chance of finishing the season healthy next year, Dragic or Kyrie?

I have no problem with any opinion, but I have a problem with people MAKING SHIT UP to try to make thier opinion fit.

And the threat wasn't my idea, take that up with Trojan.
Same circumstance though. Delusional Cavs fan just making shit up about other people.

I thought my 70 win prediction was worded about as strongly as it could be- I invited derision and criticism if it does not happen. I think its bold much more than it is weak.

And I simply do not think LeBron- unless he somehow wins 7 titles could ever make the argument against MJ- there is something magical about 6-0 in the Finals

now Kobe is a horse of a different color.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LeBron 'haters' are FAR more obsessed with comparing him to MJ, than the Cavs fans or LeBron fans are.

Please show me all the Cavs fans on here declaring LeBron as the GOAT. I must have missed all of those posts.

Even you don't believe this shit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even you don't believe this shit.

Yes. I do. I could do a quick search of this thread and others and see who the posters are that continually bring it up, if you like?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm being honest... I'm trying to be more like this. I've come along way in the last 20 years... but the outcome of my teams still affects me more than it should as a 30 year old man.

I'm slowly getting there.

Just takes time. My team losing had a good bit more of an effect when I was 30 than it does now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I do. I could do a quick search of this thread and others and see who the posters are that continually bring it up, if you like?

If it's that important to you. Knock your socks off. It'll just prove my point that Cavs fans and Lebroniacs can't stand any criticism of Lebron.