• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it is Cleveland (with LeBron) vs either GS, SA, HOU in the West. Cleveland again loses, Lebron goes 2-7 in Finals.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are a good team.
I wont diminish their year, but a lot of things fell perfectly.

Not the least of which was the injury riddled seasons of OKC and SA.
I am not sure GS gets the #1 overall seed or even the top seed in the West without some injury luck.
SA recovered a little bit too late to undo the seeding damage....while OKC never recovered.

Then come playoff time, the only real threats in the West played each other to complete exhaustion on the other side of the bracket in the first round. And the teams GS did play were devasted by injuries to Conley, Love, and Irving.

It was still a great year.
Its not the Warriors problem that everyone else got crippled by injuries and bad luck.
Plenty of teams in history had everything fall their way AND still screwed it up.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in June of '76, so when the Warriors won the championship in '75, I was probably in my dad's balls.
I was born in July of '76 so in the same predicament!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With GS too...
Maybe.....

But regardless, blazer luck, dude will go elsewhere and be a dominant force, better than hes ever been. (Jermaine O'Neal, Rasheed Wallace, etc.)

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure GS gets the #1 overall seed or even the top seed in the West without some injury luck.
SA recovered a little bit too late to undo the seeding damage....while OKC never recovered.

Then come playoff time, the only real threats in the West played each other to complete exhaustion on the other side of the bracket in the first round. And the teams GS did play were devasted by injuries to Conley, Love, and Irving.

Its not the Warriors problem that everyone else got crippled by injuries and bad luck.
Plenty of teams in history had everything fall their way AND still screwed it up.
I disagree. I think their reg season numbers proves they could've beaten anyone...even the mighty Spurs. Now, had they not been the #1 seed ALL season or stumbled into the playoffs I might agree with your assessment.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it is Cleveland (with LeBron) vs either GS, SA, HOU in the West. Cleveland again loses, Lebron goes 2-7 in Finals.

Not if the players stay healthy. Plus I'm sure this roster will look different next year. Some of those old guys will be out and they will have a much deeper team.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This........ end of story....

We'd be celebrating a championship in Cleveland right now if GSW had lost Green, Dola, and Thompson to injury, and the Cavs were 100% healthy. But Cleveland doesn't get those kind of breaks....

Congrats GSW.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if the players stay healthy. Plus I'm sure this roster will look different next year. Some of those old guys will be out and they will have a much deeper team.
I think the only players you can trust have a good chance of being healthy in LeBron....Even Kyrie's career has been riddled with injuries, and so has Love's.

It will be suprising if the entire team stays healthy next year all the way to the finals.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe GS will make a move for another big and a wing shooter. They will be a top 2 seed next year again I think

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This........ end of story....

We'd be celebrating a championship in Cleveland right now if GSW had lost Green, Dola, and Thompson to injury, and the Cavs were 100% healthy. But Cleveland doesn't get those kind of breaks....

Congrats GSW.
I'm not sure there's a single team in the NBA who doesn't deal with injuries to their players.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Ham and Warriors Fans!
Mecca!!!! How do you like your team picking up Lance? I think them having a chance to get rid of Barnes was awesome...and even more awesome that you got Lance in return.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the playoffs I thought anything short of a Finals experience would be a failure and extremely disappointing... and that winning a title over whoever came out of the west in year 1 would be gravy. ... And that was before the Love and Irving injuries.

Congrats to the Warriors. They were the best team from day 1 straight through until yesterday and they deserve the title. Congrats @Hambombs and @Robotech

Thanks, man. You're 100% class. Growing up a Warriors fan, I just assumed that they would never win a championship because winning one is for teams like the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls and for star players like Jordan, Magic and Duncan. The notion of the Warriors winning was just so far-fetched. It doesn't feel all the way real yet that they actually won the whole damn thing.

I hope Cleveland does get their championship one day. I just hope it's not against one of my teams. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only players you can trust have a good chance of being healthy in LeBron....Even Kyrie's career has been riddled with injuries, and so has Love's.

It will be suprising if the entire team stays healthy next year all the way to the finals.

Blatt just needs to have the depth and know how to play these guys. Pop is so good at it and it pays off. He needs to talk to Pop about it lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe GS will make a move for another big and a wing shooter. They will be a top 2 seed next year again I think

nah, you dont need anymore good players. It's not fair lol

Congrats btw...see ya next year :nod:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Warriors. They were the better team and deserved to win it all.

I still don't see how the Cavs won a game in this series.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland gets healthy and adds some talent depth to their bench (Shumpert and Smith are not it), LeBron will be back to take another shot at his third ring and it could be as early as next year. It would not surprise me a bit.