• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ADHD with some of these threads. The back and forth between games about why the Cavs or Warriors will win, I get bored with it after awhile

I feel you. Outside of during the games, I only post on this thread during the weekends

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ADHD with some of these threads. The back and forth between games about why the Cavs or Warriors will win, I get bored with it after awhile

That's why we usually get off topic to kill time.

So, should James be faulted for losing any Finals but the Mavs?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he'd be viewed by you as a better player if he had not had that amazing series to knock out the Pistons?

Maybe pass isn't the correct word, but nobody, not even the most optimistic Cavs fan felt they were the better team or should have beat the Spurs.

I think HOPE was about all they had.

No passes. No excuses. I don't care how overmatched you were. The Lakers team that Magic dragged to the finals when MJ got his first ring, had no business getting past the 2nd round in the West. They didn't even win their division.

The only reason they were given any chance at all was because Magic had championship experience and MJ didn't. It took the Bulls one game to adjust and they spent the next 4 games showing exactly why the Lakers had no business making it out of the West. Are we going to give him a pass?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is with the way Lebron has played through the first 4 games, even if they do lose he should not be blamed for this as he did his part. As turnup said the only finals which LBJ screwed up in was the Dallas finals.

Who's blaming him? I'm not saying it's his fault. He can't control injuries. I'm saying that he doesn't get a pass. Was it Magic's fault that he pulled his hamstring and couldn't play vs. the Pistons? Was it Magic's fault that Byron pulled his hamstring and was unavailable for the same series? Of course not (it was Riley's :heh:).

However, Magic also doesn't get a pass for those things and neither does Lebron. Injuries, etc. are all part of the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give guys a pass. Magic losing to the MJ bulls... pass. It was a damn miracle Magic got the team that far. I also think Kobe (and Shaq) losing to the Pistons is a bigger negative than LeBron losing to the Spurs in 2007. That series Kobe shot LA out of a finals by himself. Largely ignored his biggest mismatch on the court Shaq V Wallace. I parse things a little further down than most though. Don't get me wrong... Kobe is a top 10 player in my book for sure. Probably around 6-8 or so. I view the final 3 finals of Kobes career far more impressive than the first 4. Although 3-1 > 2-1

I don't. I can pretty well guarantee you that Magic (and any other all time great) wouldn't want one either. As for Kobe and the series vs. Detroit. Shaq says the Lakers win if Malone doesn't get hurt. I don't agree, but it is what he said.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I can pretty well guarantee you that Magic (and any other all time great) wouldn't want one either. As for Kobe and the series vs. Detroit. Shaq says the Lakers win if Malone doesn't get hurt. I don't agree, but it is what he said.

I think it keeps coming down to the word "pass".

I'll rephrase.
Whatever you do becomes part of your resume.
It counts. It will become part of the equation of how you are judged.

Nobody's saying 'count this, don't count that', etc. regardless of roster or injuries.

But, if one is being objective, they can't crucify a player for losing in something when most feel he over achieved to get his team there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it keeps coming down to the word "pass".

I'll rephrase.
Whatever you do becomes part of your resume.
It counts. It will become part of the equation of how you are judged.

Nobody's saying 'count this, don't count that', etc. regardless of roster or injuries.

But, if one is being objective, they can't crucify a player for losing in something when most feel he over achieved to get his team there.

Again, not a matter of crucifying or blaming him. Just holding him to the same standard as everyone else. If the wishes of many come true and Lebron never wins another title, he will still be one of the best to ever play and without doubt, will be a top 10 all time player.

However, he will always fall short in comparison to the likes of MJ, Magic and Kareem and it will be mainly because of his finals record.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here man. I'm also out hanging out with people. Don't like staying on my phone lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not a matter of crucifying or blaming him. Just holding him to the same standard as everyone else. If the wishes of many come true and Lebron never wins another title, he will still be one of the best to ever play and without doubt, will be a top 10 all time player.

However, he will always fall short in comparison to the likes of MJ, Magic and Kareem and it will be mainly because of his finals record.

He'll fall short in some people's opinions and not in others.
It's already happening.
My opinion on Finals losses was never part of any all time ranking debate.

IMO, it's generational.

We're old enough to remember the games when you could actually play physical defense and it wasn't a foul.

If Jordan and the others you named played with today's rules, can you imagine the numbers they could have put up?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll fall short in some people's opinions and not in others.
It's already happening.
My opinion on Finals losses was never part of any all time ranking debate.

IMO, it's generational.

We're old enough to remember the games when you could actually play physical defense and it wasn't a foul.

If Jordan and the others you named played with today's rules, can you imagine the numbers they could have put up?

Even if you remove title losses from the equation, he still falls short in ring count.

On the bold, it would be scary what kind of numbers those guys would put up. Imagine MJ driving to the hoop knowing that if he got fouled like the Bad Boy Pistons used to foul him, they'd be kicked out of the game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you remove title losses from the equation, he still falls short in ring count.

On the bold, it would be scary what kind of numbers those guys would put up. Imagine MJ driving to the hoop knowing that if he got fouled like the Bad Boy Pistons used to foul him, they'd be kicked out of the game.

If I'm using the ring count as a defining reason, I'm only counting ones when you're the best, or possibly in a 1A role on that team.
Otherwise were back into the ridiculous Horry debate.