• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC, I know you mentioned the Twins game for Sat. You doing anything other than the Twins game while you are in the cities?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure was! I looked at the Box and saw that the no-names (Revere, Repko, & Hughes) all played big parts in the scoring and the relievers did ok on the mound also. A winning streak would sure be nice! (2:30 am, couldn't sleep!)

Nice win for the Twins tonight.
This team is sure Jekyll and Hyde lately.
Hopefully we can get on a roll again.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure was! I looked at the Box and saw that the no-names (Revere, Repko, & Hughes) all played big parts in the scoring and the relievers did ok on the mound also. A winning streak would sure be nice! (2:30 am, couldn't sleep!)

Nice win indeed. Revere seems to keep coming through for us. He has been the best leadoff hitter for the Twins that I have seen in a while.

And how about Nathan? He looked pretty damn good if you ask me. If he keeps that up I don't see why he wouldn't me moved back to the closer role soon.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC, I know you mentioned the Twins game for Sat. You doing anything other than the Twins game while you are in the cities?

No, don't got much else planned. Hoping to get on the road by 9am (it's about a 3-4 hour drive from here to the Cities), get to the hotel to settle in and do some pre-gaming and then off to the park. Might check out the downtown scene for a while after the game and then stumble back to our room. Then it will be homeward bound in the morn.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This "Revere-guy" has kinda came in under my radar as I don't get Twins games down here. I've noticed you guys talking about him and now I'm paying more attention to his stats. I agree...he sure ain't hurting us! Maybe he will be the new Span or Hunter in the Twins OF future. Someone has to be next, might be him! We'll see.

Nice win indeed. Revere seems to keep coming through for us. He has been the best leadoff hitter for the Twins that I have seen in a while.

And how about Nathan? He looked pretty damn good if you ask me. If he keeps that up I don't see why he wouldn't me moved back to the closer role soon.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, PC, I forgot about Nathan. I'm real skeptical about his coming back as an impact player due to the dubious track-record of "Tommy John" patients. It would be fantastic if he does come back better than ever, but the Twins have to face reality about "TJ" survivors. Meanwhile, the Twins do not have an impact-closer now, and this is a must for championship teams.

The Twins better have a guy in the offing for the future. Nathan's too old to be that guy. Hope they are arranging for this key piece of the "championship-puzzle." The competition is.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, PC, I forgot about Nathan. I'm real skeptical about his coming back as an impact player due to the dubious track-record of "Tommy John" patients. It would be fantastic if he does come back better than ever, but the Twins have to face reality about "TJ" survivors. Meanwhile, the Twins do not have an impact-closer now, and this is a must for championship teams.

The Twins better have a guy in the offing for the future. Nathan's too old to be that guy. Hope they are arranging for this key piece of the "championship-puzzle." The competition is.

I hear ya man. He looked good last night but who knows what he will look like next time. I hope he continues to imporove but like you say, you never know with TJ guys. We'll have to wait and see if he can prove he really is indeed back to form.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey guys
Buck, Revere is one of those exciting players that goes out and makes things happen rather than wait for things to happen. I like that kind of player. Your right he is great in the lead-off spot, hopefully he stays there if and when Span comes back.

PC, Yeah Nathan looked great last night, he looked like he was back to his old form (at least for one inning). That curveball he threw to strike out the last batter of the inning was awesome. I guess time will tell if he is really back to his old self.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm starting to wonder if Thome can make it to 600 hr this year or not. He is at 593 with roughly half the season left. Come on Big Jim time to start cranking 'em out.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys
Buck, Revere is one of those exciting players that goes out and makes things happen rather than wait for things to happen. I like that kind of player. Your right he is great in the lead-off spot, hopefully he stays there if and when Span comes back.

PC, Yeah Nathan looked great last night, he looked like he was back to his old form (at least for one inning). That curveball he threw to strike out the last batter of the inning was awesome. I guess time will tell if he is really back to his old self.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit I was pretty nervous when Kemp came up. I promptly jumped out of my chair when Nathan struck him out. Freaking awesome!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if Thome can make it to 600 hr this year or not. He is at 593 with roughly half the season left. Come on Big Jim time to start cranking 'em out.

As long as he can stay off the DL I think he will hit the 600 mark this year easy. I do hope I will see one of them this Saturday! :high5:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am definitely ready for some Twins day game action. Always love when I can listen to the Twins ballgames at work. It’s even better on a day like today when the boss is out! :thumb:

I hope Scotty B is ready to pitch a gem and take the series here in the rubber match. His last outing was a little rough but overall he has been pretty damn good this year. So hats off to him and let’s hope he can keep it up.

Lineup lookin like this:

Revere, CF
Nishioka, SS
Mauer, C
Cuddyer, RF
Thome, DH
Valencia, 3B
Hughes, 1B
Repko, LF
Tolbert, 2B

First pitch in T-minus one hour.

Let’s Go Twins! :clap2:

Last edited by a moderator:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right On PC!
GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you happen to notice the "new" guy posting on fox this morn.?
The post has since been removed, but sounded a lot like radiowork going after you.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right On PC!
GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you happen to notice the "new" guy posting on fox this morn.?
The post has since been removed, but sounded a lot like radiowork going after you

Yeah, I saw that. No doubt it's RawDork. What can you do it's Fox, the land of trolls.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey misk hows it going?
It looks like a good day for a game at TF!