• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I don't think we will see a move for Mauer this year either. I think it is a good idea but I have been debating which spot would be best for him. It might be kind of a slap in the face to Morny if they start putting him at first base but who knows for sure. Not me. Probably not the best option for the outfield as he's not a real speedster. We have Danny V holding down 3B and hopefully Nishi will start coming to life at SS soon. So that leaves me considering 2B. Not sure if that is the best option but it would be nice to have production like his from our 2B. I just question if he could handle the position but then he was also a very good Football QB and basketball player in high school so you know he is just crazy talented. 1B does seem like a good idea too but we will have to wait and see what happens with Morny.

I hear ya on the slap in the face deal, but the team is kind of getting screwed at first right now with that big contract on the DL over 50% of the time. I think Thome will be gone next year along with either Cuddyer or more likely Kubel leaving the DH spot open. I think with all the injuries he should be moved to the DH, maybe he will stay healthier there and if he does go down again the DH is easier to fill than a hole at first base. I know that is an expensive DH, but what else do they do with the guy?
Oops I kinda sounded like those boys on fox there for a minute (sorry).
It is an interesting point that JD keeps bringing up over there about the teams success without Morneau. Honestly I don't understand how a team performs better without a hitter of his caliber in the lineup as they do when he plays. I really do not think the problem is with him as it is with other guys when he is playing. Do they just stand and watch or not play as hard, it just doesn't make sense, but the record doesn't lie either. Maybe if he steps back to the DH role this problem goes away as well.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the guy at the game yesterday with Mauers name shaved in his back hair helped their odds. Hopfully that guy will stay home for the next one.. lol

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..... I'm going to the game on Saturday and was wondering... with fc's recent "health issues" do you think that means the Royal Rumble is off?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point it doesn't matter if Morneau likes it, or not. This guy has been a "no-show" for 2-yrs. The Twins ain't holdin' his place in line any longer. A lot of us know that the Twins haven't missed a beat with him gone. Cuddy has done just fine in his place. Numbers don't lie. Morneau has to re-prove himself. I think he knows this himself and understands it.

Mauer must be moved to 1b before he gets seriously hurt at the dish again. This is a golden opportunity to make the switch as neither Mauer or Morneau have any say in this anyway, and the fans want to see it also. Mgmt. has to take control of the team and Mauer. If they don't, worse things are gonna happen, mark my words!

Yeah, I don't think we will see a move for Mauer this year either. I think it is a good idea but I have been debating which spot would be best for him. It might be kind of a slap in the face to Morny if they start putting him at first base but who knows for sure. Not me. Probably not the best option for the outfield as he's not a real speedster. We have Danny V holding down 3B and hopefully Nishi will start coming to life at SS soon. So that leaves me considering 2B. Not sure if that is the best option but it would be nice to have production like his from our 2B. I just question if he could handle the position but then he was also a very good Football QB and basketball player in high school so you know he is just crazy talented. 1B does seem like a good idea too but we will have to wait and see what happens with Morny.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC & jrs - You guys know me and my stance on Morneau. I feel he can be a fabulous player when he's on but his health issues are, just plain, a mess. Now add Mauer to the same list. Is it possible that when these modern players get the kind of money they do, and the adulation that they do, that they lose the desire to fight through pain that older players had to? I really wonder about this a lot. When I get the answer I'll let you in on it but don't stay up late tonite waiting for it.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey there Misk & PC! I'm just sittin' in Mac & Don's, as usual, pounding my notebook watchin' the rain finally arrive down here. I apologize if I seem to be pontificating. I usually prefer to small-talk with friends like you guys and leave the serious baseball-stuff to others, but once in a while even I get going on a tangent. I'm really concerned about the financial implications of Mauer & Morneau pulling a "Kerry Wood" on the Twins. That could kill this franchise for years & years. Anyways...I'll get over it!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had a 3 day weekend got some stuff done around the house .. spent some time with the wife running around and sunday went golfing with JR from the vikes page .. just did some relaxin .. how about you and your lovly bride .. hope she is making progress

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lena is gettin' pretty depressed about this deal and I don't blame her. She's energetic to the point that I sometimes want to put an anchor on her. Now she's like an outdoor dog suddenly put on a leash. Another month, or two, and she should be able to get around pretty good...I hope! Thanks for asking!

That's cool that you & JR are social friends. Did you know each other before SportsHoopla? Where did you play? I might remember the course as I played a lot up there but I never got any good. Came to Fla., fully intending to join a club, etc., but ended quitting cold-turkey only a few years later. Ain't the same w/o my posse from back home but I really don't miss it anymore. With this perpetual "Summer-thing" down here you don't feel the urgency to get out & play like you do up North.

had a 3 day weekend got some stuff done around the house .. spent some time with the wife running around and sunday went golfing with JR from the vikes page .. just did some relaxin .. how about you and your lovly bride .. hope she is making progress

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jr and anythingspossiable and myself met on fox .. we have all gottin together for beers and football .. jr lives 10 miles from me .. we golfed at the elk river country club

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's really cool. I'll probably never meet any of you guys as I don't expect to be back anytime soon, but who knows? Naturally, I don't recall playing Elk River, but I know the town pretty well, I can see the downtown area in my mind and the river winding behind it as we speak. That's real nice around there.

jr and anythingspossiable and myself met on fox .. we have all gottin together for beers and football .. jr lives 10 miles from me .. we golfed at the elk river country club