• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amigos, need to start another winning streak real quick! Think positive thoughts. "Danny, see the ball...be the ball!" Name the song.

What's the status on Kubel? I never hear anything about him down here in Fla.Same with Mauer.

Misk - You're always around, send me some info. I'm at Mac&Don's, as per usual, for my midday break, I'll be here awhile. Thanks, buddy!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fn idiots .. blew a lead again send mauer back to the bush leagues ... .. now if we lose we will have to listen to tk's eternal gloating geesh

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, buddy!

Well, we dodged a bullet again as everyone else lost too, but in the bigger picture I wonder how long we can trust that inept bullpen. It appears that Baker was tossing a pretty good game only to have it go for naught.

I'm no genius, but isn't it a fact that most relievers are failed starters at the end of their "ropes?" Yet, it seems MLB has somehow adopted pulling starters as "gospel" strategy. I disagree big-time. Let the starters stay in if the bullpen has proven it is not effective. Bert & Jack Morris, to name a few, also voice this opinion. If you have a "Rollie Fingers" type guy in your "pen", that's different, but the Twins clearly do not.

Lastly, using a weak bull-pen is like going to the "prevent defense." Another dubious strategy, to say the least.

fn idiots .. blew a lead again send mauer back to the bush leagues ... .. now if we lose we will have to listen to tk's eternal gloating geesh

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mauer comes back and our offense goes in the shitter. At least everybody else in the central is losing right now as well. We need to get back home to get on a roll again.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, jrs. - It's dis-heartening that Mauer came out flat and hasn't re-energized the team. Nishi came out flat too. We are lucky that the leaders aren't on a tear in the Central but they could at any time. The Twins have to make their own destiny happen and they better get going! Who'd a thunk it!

Mauer comes back and our offense goes in the shitter. At least everybody else in the central is losing right now as well. We need to get back home to get on a roll again.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Buck

We got Pavano on the bump for us today, he better pitch well because we got an ugly looking lineup today.
Hey your boy Cuddy is sneaking up on .300 with the tear he has been on lately, and almost a lock to be the Twins All-star rep. I gotta give it too you on that you have been the guy in his corner since before the year began and he is proving you to be right. Imagine where this team is right now without him, we have no chance at the post-season.
Lets go Twins, get it back on the right track today going into a long home stand. You gotta feel good about this team coming back home after what we saw from this team the last time we were at home!

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rockon:

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks, jrs! - To me, Cuddy is like a guy's most dependable truck (notice that I don't specify any mfgr.,) anyways, Cuddy just goes, and goes, and goes. He's not flashy but he does everything the owner (Gardy) wants and seldom breaks down, and if he does it's just little things. Why on earth would you trade him in?

You're a contractor, you know exactly what I'm saying here. Look at what the two "flashy" trucks (Mauer & Morneau) are costing the Twins! 'Nuff said.
One could compare Danny V. to Cuddy, only he hasn't been here long enough to know what he's really all about. Cuddy has been the only position player this year to get better since the terrible start (sorry, Casillo, no comparison.) Check-out Cuddy's history, he is very consistent, and he's right on track this year too. Lastly, he's a team-player, not a greedy malcontent. Gotta keep him!!

I've said it a hundred times, "I pity Gardy this year." Thank God for Cuddy, Danny v., and the starting pitchers!

Hey Buck

We got Pavano on the bump for us today, he better pitch well because we got an ugly looking lineup today.
Hey your boy Cuddy is sneaking up on .300 with the tear he has been on lately, and almost a lock to be the Twins All-star rep. I gotta give it too you on that you have been the guy in his corner since before the year began and he is proving you to be right. Imagine where this team is right now without him, we have no chance at the post-season.
Lets go Twins, get it back on the right track today going into a long home stand. You gotta feel good about this team coming back home after what we saw from this team the last time we were at home!

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rockon:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey It"s Latroy Hawkins pitching for the Brewers against the Twins!
Come on Twins, lets get after this guy. He sure gave away enough games to other teams when he was a Twin.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys gotta check this thread out:
Its in the General sports discussion forum
Thread: Dude draws chicks on plenty of fish.
You gotta read the comments from the artist and subject that go along with the drawings!
I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs - I swear this is true; a couple hrs. ago I looked at the boxscore to see what happened and saw, "L. Hawkins" as a pitcher for the Brewers. I thought, "no way," but I clicked-on L. Hawkins anyway for his stats., and sure enough, it's LaTroy. His 16th yr. in the bigs! That's pretty amazing how he's stayed up there.

I remember his Twins yrs. well. He was "basketball-player" sized, and looked like he was "chisled" out of granite. Had mid, to upper 90's, stuff and a good curve ball too, but he always seemed to give up hits at really bad times. Which, of course, is a big no-no when you are the stopper. After he let in the other guy's runs he would mow down the side, hence, his acceptable era some of those years.

Great call bringing his name up!

P/s - I checked out the "artist" as you suggested...those chicks were some real "bow-wows." Hope you didn't know any of 'em...no offense intended! (Tee-Hee!)

QUOTE=jrs21;860192]Hey It"s Latroy Hawkins pitching for the Brewers against the Twins!
Come on Twins, lets get after this guy. He sure gave away enough games to other teams when he was a Twin.[/QUOTE]

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Hawkins was suppose to be the premier pitcher for the Twins for years to come. We waited a lot of years for it to happen as a starter, then a closer, then a middle reliever. It never panned out for him here. I guess that it is a tesiment to his potential that all these years later he is still playing. It would be interesting to know how many other 16+ year vets. are still playing.

LOL - No I didn't know any of those girls. Good one though Buck!
What a jackass that guy was, but it sure was funny!:laugh:

jrs - I swear this is true; a couple hrs. ago I looked at the boxscore to see what happened and saw, "L. Hawkins" as a pitcher for the Brewers. I thought, "no way," but I clicked-on L. Hawkins anyway for his stats., and sure enough, it's LaTroy. His 16th yr. in the bigs! That's pretty amazing how he's stayed up there.

I remember his Twins yrs. well. He was "basketball-player" sized, and looked like he was "chisled" out of granite. Had mid, to upper 90's, stuff and a good curve ball too, but he always seemed to give up hits at really bad times. Which, of course, is a big no-no when you are the stopper. After he let in the other guy's runs he would mow down the side, hence, his acceptable era some of those years.

Great call bringing his name up!

P/s - I checked out the "artist" as you suggested...those chicks were some real "bow-wows." Hope you didn't know any of 'em...no offense intended! (Tee-Hee!)

QUOTE=jrs21;860192]Hey It"s Latroy Hawkins pitching for the Brewers against the Twins!
Come on Twins, lets get after this guy. He sure gave away enough games to other teams when he was a Twin.
[/QUOTE]

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
The guy was a jackass for sure, but he had me rolling...

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say now that Morny is out until August with the neck surgery, that he has missed so much time the past few years that it is not really feeling like a temporary fill in when he is gone but rather a possible future solution. It's frusterating for him I am sure just as much it is for the fans. But if he continues to have such struggles who knows what might happen. Might be Justin Morneau Neau-Mor.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, PC, Morny is a real disappointment, so much talent, but at such a cost! When we were at Fox I wrote many times that when Morny was on a roll he was fabulous, but it was his "fragility" and streakiness that drove me crazy. He definitely shown that he cannot play a full season anymore and he's not getting any younger. Mauer must take over at 1b and be done with catching. Worry about Morneau later. Don't let Morneau be the "tail that wags the dog."

I have to say now that Morny is out until August with the neck surgery, that he has missed so much time the past few years that it is not really feeling like a temporary fill in when he is gone but rather a possible future solution. It's frusterating for him I am sure just as much it is for the fans. But if he continues to have such struggles who knows what might happen. Might be Justin Morneau Neau-Mor.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morneau is a hard player to get a handle on. I thought a hockey playing Canuck would be about as tough as they get. I give him a pass on the concussions, but all these nagging injuries are sure piling up now.
Is he injury prone or just a big sissy? Time will tell, but to prove otherwise he is going to have to perform injury free for a long time, if and when he ever gets back.
Buck, you are right it is time to move Mauer to first base, the guy can get back to All-star form there, and play every day. If Morneau does happen to come back healthy let him DH, and play RF some. I'm betting the Twins go with Mauer at catcher for at least one more year though.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think we will see a move for Mauer this year either. I think it is a good idea but I have been debating which spot would be best for him. It might be kind of a slap in the face to Morny if they start putting him at first base but who knows for sure. Not me. Probably not the best option for the outfield as he's not a real speedster. We have Danny V holding down 3B and hopefully Nishi will start coming to life at SS soon. So that leaves me considering 2B. Not sure if that is the best option but it would be nice to have production like his from our 2B. I just question if he could handle the position but then he was also a very good Football QB and basketball player in high school so you know he is just crazy talented. 1B does seem like a good idea too but we will have to wait and see what happens with Morny.