• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life preservers...my a_s! I'm thinking about a firing-squad for high-treason! A true fan is committed to the "team" thru thick and thin, just like parents to children, walleye fishermen to leeches, and gentlemen to Bourbon! (that was for Misk and me!) And no politcally-correct "trials" either, we know who the traitors are, sic 'em!

Funny you mention bourbon. For some reason ever since spring hit I have been loving it too much... lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny you mention bourbon. For some reason ever since spring hit I have been loving it too much... lol

Misk mentioned it one nite so headed down to the Tiki bar by my shack and had a few for old times sake. Ol' Mr. Beam got to me right away so I'm back on Miller Lite until further notice!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I remember I was hitting the Evan Williams at first but now I am onto a bottle of Beam. Delicious!

Oh, yeah...that Evan Williams is a really good choice too. There really are so darned many good American Whiskeys out there that it's hard to settle on just one. And then when you've really gotten to "understand" sour mashes, straights, etc., (I still get all that stuff confused) you meet the smoothest temptress of them all, Rye whiskey. There aren't too many of them around any more, at least not down here, but my favorite was "Old Overholt." Drank a lot in college at the U of M, kept me warm on those cold Winter nites walking out of Marriucci Arena with the Fighting Sioux's moccassins jammed up my butt.

I eventually got away from the hard stuff because I didn't want to get "popped" by the "Federales", and I never did...no sh_t! Now when I partake in a few, it hits me hard...damn! Talkin' to you and Misk lately has me "reminiscing" about the "good stuff". Momma wants to go out for a while tonite down to Ft. Myers Beach (don't have to ask me twice!) I'll be sure to savor at least one Beam & water, maybe two, and think about my beloved Twins and all you good guys I've met along the way!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Hey JR
Well we didn't stay downtown, We just kind of bar hopped the rest of the way home, and also stopped at an interesting little joint in Bock (just North of Princeton), called Fat Jacks.....anybody heard of that one before?

LOL, Fat Jacks the peeler bar?
Been there a few times..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Misk!
It was my first trip to TF so we got there pretty early to walk around, see some batting practice, and enjoy some "chilly ones".
We were in the Legends Club for the game.

The Legends Club is awesome, they come and take your order for food and drinks. Plus no waiting if you do get your own stuff.
And nice padded seats.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, yeah...that Evan Williams is a really good choice too. There really are so darned many good American Whiskeys out there that it's hard to settle on just one. And then when you've really gotten to "understand" sour mashes, straights, etc., (I still get all that stuff confused) you meet the smoothest temptress of them all, Rye whiskey. There aren't too many of them around any more, at least not down here, but my favorite was "Old Overholt." Drank a lot in college at the U of M, kept me warm on those cold Winter nites walking out of Marriucci Arena with the Fighting Sioux's moccassins jammed up my butt.

I eventually got away from the hard stuff because I didn't want to get "popped" by the "Federales", and I never did...no sh_t! Now when I partake in a few, it hits me hard...damn! Talkin' to you and Misk lately has me "reminiscing" about the "good stuff". Momma wants to go out for a while tonite down to Ft. Myers Beach (don't have to ask me twice!) I'll be sure to savor at least one Beam & water, maybe two, and think about my beloved Twins and all you good guys I've met along the way!
WOW, Buck are you a poet?

Nice post, I liked the Mariucci arena / fighting souix referance in there. You do know that PC is in Fargo. This could make for an interesting college hockey group here.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, Fat Jacks the peeler bar?
Been there a few times..
Yes indeed the peeler bar! LOL
I forgot all about that term, hadn't heard that one in a while! Its an interesting stop to say the least. Was Floyd there when you were there? He was definately a good Ol' boy, I came to the conclusion that he was a regular around there.

Legends club was very nice, first class all the way. I will not lie though, it is not my normal digs. They were corporate tickets that I was lucky enough to enjoy. I am a beer and hot dog guy that'd be enjoying the game in the upper deck every other day of the week!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WOW, Buck are you a poet?

Nice post, I liked the Mariucci arena / fighting souix referance in there. You do know that PC is in Fargo. This could make for an interesting college hockey group here.

Yes sir, jrs...Gopher Hockey "was" my Winter life when I lived up in Mpls. I loved the Sioux just as much, however, and rooted for them when the Gophers were out of the chase. The Sioux have a proud tradition and its fans are good people. You can't believe how much I miss live WCHA games.

Right around Xmas we hold the College Hockey Showcase down here. 4-team, single-elim. format. I believe St. Cloud State won it last year. I was there with some old friends from Mpls., but so was the "lite" boys, Mr. Miller and Mr. Coors, so even though the game is long since over, the outcome is still in doubt.

After the Twins win the Central and sail-off to their playoff destiny, Gopher Hockey will be just about starting. Let's you and me, and who ever else, get on a Hockey site too.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes sir, jrs...Gopher Hockey "was" my Winter life when I lived up in Mpls. I loved the Sioux just as much, however, and rooted for them when the Gophers were out of the chase. The Sioux have a proud tradition and its fans are good people. You can't believe how much I miss live WCHA games.

Right around Xmas we hold the College Hockey Showcase down here. 4-team, single-elim. format. I believe St. Cloud State won it last year. I was there with some old friends from Mpls., but so was the "lite" boys, Mr. Miller and Mr. Coors, so even though the game is long since over, the outcome is still in doubt.

After the Twins win the Central and sail-off to their playoff destiny, Gopher Hockey will be just about starting. Let's you and me, and who ever else, get on a Hockey site too.
Hey Buck
Yeah, I will chat with you on College hockey and WCHA anytime. I must admit that I catch the Gophers when I find them on TV, but its not like the Twins with me. When they are playing the Souix I do try to catch all those games. That is a great rivalry, I have seen some crazy stuff happen on the ice when those guys are playing. SCSU games are usually pretty intense as well.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yes indeed the peeler bar! LOL
I forgot all about that term, hadn't heard that one in a while! Its an interesting stop to say the least. Was Floyd there when you were there? He was definately a good Ol' boy, I came to the conclusion that he was a regular around there.

Legends club was very nice, first class all the way. I will not lie though, it is not my normal digs. They were corporate tickets that I was lucky enough to enjoy. I am a beer and hot dog guy that'd be enjoying the game in the upper deck every other day of the week!

I hear you jrs,
A buddy gave me tickets in the Legends Club, or I would have been in the upper deck myself.
I think you have to be a season ticket holder to have the option to buy seats for the Legends, they don't just sell single game tickets for it.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs.- No question, I was a Gopher hockey super-fan and there was a core group of us that met on the weekends to watch the games at our fave saloon. Me and my beautiful bride, Lena, went to home games all the time too. I can understand you being a "casual" fan as I am only a "casual" fan of pro-football...just can't like 'em all! You and me, we got wives...we got lives. Twins Baseball is still my true "hot button." That and a "good" adult movie, but that's another story, for another time. Adieu!

Hey Buck
Yeah, I will chat with you on College hockey and WCHA anytime. I must admit that I catch the Gophers when I find them on TV, but its not like the Twins with me. When they are playing the Souix I do try to catch all those games. That is a great rivalry, I have seen some crazy stuff happen on the ice when those guys are playing. SCSU games are usually pretty intense as well.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs.- No question, I was a Gopher hockey super-fan and there was a core group of us that met on the weekends to watch the games at our fave saloon. Me and my beautiful bride, Lena, went to home games all the time too. I can understand you being a "casual" fan as I am only a "casual" fan of pro-football...just can't like 'em all! You and me, we got wives...we got lives. Twins Baseball is still my true "hot button." That and a "good" adult movie, but that's another story, for another time. Adieu!
Hey Buck
I didn't know if you caught an gopher updates down in FLA.

Gopher hockey is leaving WCHA. and forming Big Ten Conference with Wisc., Mich, Mich St. Ohio St. and Penn St. in the 2013-14 season.

Here is the link to the newspaper article

Gophers leaving WCHA to form Big Ten hockey | StarTribune.com

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, buddy - Thanks for the Gopher-link. I kinda remember hearing something about this last Winter when my friends came down and we went to the College Hockey Tournament. I think it's a bad idea but change is inevitable so that's that, I guess. If one thing is probably certain; I saw my last Gopher home game 10-yrs. ago...I ain't going back in the Winter if I can help it!

Hey Buck
I didn't know if you caught an gopher updates down in FLA.

Gopher hockey is leaving WCHA. and forming Big Ten Conference with Wisc., Mich, Mich St. Ohio St. and Penn St. in the 2013-14 season.

Here is the link to the newspaper article

Gophers leaving WCHA to form Big Ten hockey | StarTribune.com

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, buddy - Thanks for the Gopher-link. I kinda remember hearing something about this last Winter when my friends came down and we went to the College Hockey Tournament. I think it's a bad idea but change is inevitable so that's that, I guess. If one thing is probably certain; I saw my last Gopher home game 10-yrs. ago...I ain't going back in the Winter if I can help it!
Hey Buck
I wouldn't come here in the Winter either if I were you!
I think its kind of too bad though leaving the WCHA there's a lot of tradition and rivalries there. Change may be inevitable, but I think they had a good thing going already.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About all the hockey talk - I do enjoy a good hockey game but I do not really follow it all that closely. It's fun when the Wild get going, but they always seem to fall out at the end the past few years. I don't know what league it is, but we have a team called the "Fargo Force" here and I went to one of their games last year and it was pretty fun. Either way the NHL is always more entertaining to me than the NBA. Can't stand all the drama and half assing in the NBA. LAME!