• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I agree with you guys on the cuddy and Kubel comments, but I also think it will be one or the other of those 2 that is re-signed in the off season. I may be wrong but aren't both of those guys free agents at the end of the year? If we get to the trading deadline, within sniffing distance of first place this may be on the Twins radar in trades. One of these two or Delmon, along with Slowey and a minor leaguer for a solid #1 pitcher. All that said then who do we take out of the rotation. Maybe instead its a trade for a decent catcher, or bullpen help. At any rate it will be interesting to watch, it seems like we are holding a few cards going towards the trading deadline.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs. - You started a very good discussion! I also agree with everyone's input on this unexpected dilemma(sp?)

Cuddy is the toughest issue, no question. This guy has done everything expected of him, and more, without any biching. Imagine if this would have been Deion Sanders or Milton Bradley (no, not the boardgame maker!)

I'd keep Cuddy at $10 mil., if he'd accept. Kubel can hit and he's young, he stays too. Delmon, even more so than Kubel, he has more potential. Span is odd-man out, and Revere, while entertaining, is nothing special. Those two are the one's to go.

Assuming Mauer starts to hit (no guarantee on that, as yet) and Kubel comes back as good as before, the firepower the team has lacked all season should now be good enough for the starters to pitch later into their games and win them. The current relievers are too "suspect" to turn close games over to them. Gardy has already gone to this "Plan B" approach and it is working so why change, especially if more runs are being driven-in and scored by the returning players? Keep starters in to the 8th or 9th inning when leading.

Mauer is the "linch-pin" in my theory. If he can't deliver, the road to the "highly-prestigious" Central Division Title is still very, very, difficult.

In conclusion, I remain optomistic, as always! Go Mauer...Go Twins!

I agree with ya Misk, he has carried us lately. It would have to be a trade we can not pass up. The thing about Cuddyer is that he is making 10 million or so this year, and I think he is a free agent after this year. This one will be tough because I don't know how long they can continue to give him this kind of money, and I don't know why he would sign for less. Thats the problem with these big contracts, and part of the reason guys are not staying with teams for their whole career.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just got done doin' a ton of yard work before the heat comes on!. Even though my part of Fla is in a serious drought stuff still grows like crazy and you absolutely have to keep ahead of it or you lose control of your yard. It's not unlike keeping the snow off the roof, driveway, and walks. I'm off today so it's Mr. home-improvement for me! Go Twins!

gettin ready to get out the door and get to work .. how about you buck?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC remember this bands name "The human empire"... its my daughters band and they will be playin in fargo at some festival july 9th ...and then in grand forks later that month ..n the band also has a fb page too ...the name is all caps on fb

this is their lastest single

Wax Wings by The Human Empire on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

That's cool man. I used to play in a few bands around here and am pretty familiar with the music scene here and the people involved with it. I will have to try to remember that. Do you know the name of the venue they are playing at?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool man. I used to play in a few bands around here and am pretty familiar with the music scene here and the people involved with it. I will have to try to remember that. Do you know the name of the venue they are playing at?

all she sed it was some festival in july .. Ill let you know more when I find out