• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson's are great. My dream guitar is a Gibson Les Paul with a 60's neck. Played one at Guitar Center once and it was the best I had ever played. Unfortunately they go for about the cost of a decent used car... $$$

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
les pauls aint cheap ... I havent played in a long time ... Im lookin at gettin a new guitar .. I like the washburn Jaz series guitars .. except my daughter will snitch it from me ..lol .. she is a violinest has electris and hollow bodys .. but she pisses me off she can pick up almost any instrument and play it .

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the one I want

j7n.jpg

J7
•Maple body
•Solid spruce top
•Venetian cutaway
•Rosewood fingerboard
•Gold Hardware
•Bound F holes
•2 humbucker pickups
•4 knob/ 3 way switch
•Rosewood bridge
•Bigsby® vibrato
•Abalone split block inlays
•Grover Imperial tuners
•List Price: $1,604.90
•Case: GC78 included

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
My son wants a Gibson Explorer, but he might have to settle for an Epiphone Explorer instead. $$$$
Unless we can find an Explorer body and put some new pickups in it, maybe some nice EMG's.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Explorers are pretty cool too. But yeah, very $pendy! Epiphones are a pretty good alternative though. EMG 81's are some high output pickups if that's the sound your going for. But then you have to use a 9-volt battery with those.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
That's what he has to do for the Mexican Fender Strat now, but they do sell passive EMG's.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check the pawn shops JR .. sometimes you can get a decent deal at em .. some will hagel with ya too ..that pawn america in anoka gets some decent guitars in from time to time .. I picked the daught up a couple of nice peavy amps there cheap ... now she wants a Kustom amp

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I like Epiphone, he has a Les Paul 100 now, old but a good starter for him.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
We look every once in a while Misk, mostly on e-bay though. In the projects section.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Misk & PC - That's some pretty good stuff you guys were talkin' there about the bands & all. The biggest thing I miss down here in Ft. Myers is the band scene that Mpls-St. Paul has. Misk, you ever go to Whiskey Junction, Bunker's, Famous Dave's, or Mnnesota Music Cafe? Those Places were my faves when I lived up there. R&B was my hot-button...still is. PC, you ain't gonna believe this but there's a guy on the Fox Sports Twins site that used to be in the Rolling Stones but he got tired of Mick & Keith continually doing things wrong so he adiosed. Now he hangs out with Gardy and the Pohlads but he told me privately that those guys don't know what they're doin' either. Just thought you'd like to know....

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check the pawn shops JR .. sometimes you can get a decent deal at em .. some will hagel with ya too ..that pawn america in anoka gets some decent guitars in from time to time .. I picked the daught up a couple of nice peavy amps there cheap ... now she wants a Kustom amp

Those little practice amps by Kustom put are pretty cool. You can get a pretty damn good sound out of those things.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a guy in elk river he used to have a second hand goods shop in the new part of main street across from the condos .. he moved his shop I cant remember where he moved it to .. I can find out though .. he had a lot of fender strats and a decent price

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Misk & PC - That's some pretty good stuff you guys were talkin' there about the bands & all. The biggest thing I miss down here in Ft. Myers is the band scene that Mpls-St. Paul has. Misk, you ever go to Whiskey Junction, Bunker's, Famous Dave's, or Mnnesota Music Cafe? Those Places were my faves when I lived up there. R&B was my hot-button...still is. PC, you ain't gonna believe this but there's a guy on the Fox Sports Twins site that used to be in the Rolling Stones but he got tired of Mick & Keith continually doing things wrong so he adiosed. Now he hangs out with Gardy and the Pohlads but he told me privately that those guys don't know what they're doin' either. Just thought you'd like to know....

LOL Hey buck, how's it goin.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR how much do you want to spend on a guitar for you son ? give me a price range and what kind he wants .. and Ill tell my daughter since the only people in this world that she knows are musicians.. and she will keep her ears open for ya those guys that she knows are always buyin and sellin guitars

Last edited by a moderator:

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you are still into the music scene & late nites & all, check out Bunkers & Whiskey Junction too. 'Course, all of this depends on the music you like. If City Pages is still available that paper (web site) has all the schedules, etc., about what's playin'. I been gone 10-yrs. so what do know anymore, but there are still some bands playin' that I always followed. Damn, I miss that scene sometimes!

they are nice .. but she wants the padded tower 2 piece one ...

hiya buck .. I have been to daves

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are still into the music scene & late nites & all, check out Bunkers & Whiskey Junction too. 'Course, all of this depends on the music you like. If City Pages is still available that paper (web site) has all the schedules, etc., about what's playin'. I been gone 10-yrs. so what do know anymore, but there are still some bands playin' that I always followed. Damn, I miss that scene sometimes!

oh i could do all of that but my cinderella(wife) turns into a pumpkin at 11pm