• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Don't start with me today 09. lol

me
fart.gif
you lol

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that the Twins will get three first round draft picks. I guess it's a somewhat bright spot in the murky mess of late. Not sure exactly how the picks are assigned but I assume it has to do with how good a team's record is and the Twins.. well.. do I need to say anything?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - I can't even pretend to know all the machinations involved in picks & things but I do know that this year is a bust of incredible proportions. I fear that the Pohlads will panic and "gut" the team soon and we will "wander in the wasteland" for many years, not unlike Cleveland. So what! Most teams lose more than they win and true fans relish a "hot streak" when it happens. The Twins may come back next year real big. I can hang around in the meantime, but I'm a Twins fan 1st & foremost as are my crime dogs: you, jrs., and Misk!

Wait'll next year!!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Buck
"Wait'll next year!!"
Thats the Vikings trademark, tread carefully as you may have a copyright infringment!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are trying something different tonight and winning a game. I know it's the Roayls but what can you say it's also the Twins.. You know it's bad when the Royals are a tough match. Either way good to see them with a lead. Now to hold that lead and string some wins together. Let's go Twins!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey PC
Yeah I took a few days to go fishing up north. Damn it was nice to get away for a few days I needed it!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah that storm that knocked your power out hit us up there too, it sure did turn the fish on for a couple hours the walleyes were biting pretty good. We stuck it out until the last possible minute and got off just in time to watch it blow like a mother fucker!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that storm that knocked your power out hit us up there too, it sure did turn the fish on for a couple hours the walleyes were biting pretty good. We stuck it out until the last possible minute and got off just in time to watch it blow like a mother fucker!

Hell yeah man, that storm was a bitch. The way that wind was blowing I thought there had to be a tornado right outside my house. I heard gusts were up to 70-80 MPH! Fuck that! :rain:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Half the shingles blew off the resort cabin we were staying at. I think the storm was even a little weaker where we were than what you got from what I heard.
We pretty much got beat up by the wind in the boat for about 4 straight days. Yesterday we went out on Leech and we had four foot waves for sure. I actually put the life jacket on for the first time in a couple years.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You two whine so much! Do you realize that it's been 92 degs. and 90% humidity every day down here? The money I'm spending at the tiki bars re-hydrating myself is equal to the National Debt! Why don't two you try feeling my pain for once....sheesh!!

Half the shingles blew off the resort cabin we were staying at. I think the storm was even a little weaker where we were than what you got from what I heard.
We pretty much got beat up by the wind in the boat for about 4 straight days. Yesterday we went out on Leech and we had four foot waves for sure. I actually put the life jacket on for the first time in a couple years.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You two whine so much! Do you realize that it's been 92 degs. and 90% humidity every day down here? The money I'm spending at the tiki bars re-hydrating myself is equal to the National Debt! Why don't two you try feeling my pain for once....sheesh!!
Buck
Are you single handedly trying to drink enough to revive this economy? Or should I say double fisting it? Either way.............cheers!
At least we don't have hurricanes!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs. - I gotta call it a night but, yeah, I've been havin' a lot of fun lately. It's still not the same as a Minnesota fishing trip but it's still fun. I'll get back with you guys tomorrow..."you can put it on the boaaard!" (Hawk Harrelson)

Ciao!!

Buck
Are you single handedly trying to drink enough to revive this economy? Or should I say double fisting it? Either way.............cheers!
At least we don't have hurricanes!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray! Mauer has been upgraded to the 60 day DL. This is so they could make more room for other guys going on the 15 day DL. They are making so many moves back and forth from the minor system you can hardly keep track. Wonder how much all those airline tickets are running them. This team just keeps on looking more and more like their AAA team. Sounds like at least Nishi might be ready in a week or so. The injuries are just way to much this year. With a healthy team and everyone that is supposed to be there playing the record would look very different right now.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hooray! Mauer has been upgraded to the 60 day DL. This is so they could make more room for other guys going on the 15 day DL. They are making so many moves back and forth from the minor system you can hardly keep track. Wonder how much all those airline tickets are running them. This team just keeps on looking more and more like their AAA team. Sounds like at least Nishi might be ready in a week or so. The injuries are just way to much this year. With a healthy team and everyone that is supposed to be there playing the record would look very different right now.

Right you are, PC. Because of the injuries, the Twins have not had their projected starting-day lineup on the field once this year, as far as I can remember. I really cannot remember this scenario happening ever to a Twins team, or any other team for that matter. No way can a small market team compete with such a player loss as this. But that's the way it is...the game goes on.

I have a good friend who is a die-hard Tiger fan and he takes no satisfaction in beating the Twins this year because he knows it is not the same team that tortured his teams for so many years. Only the same uniforms.

I'd just like to see Nishi in for the 2nd half along with a healthy Mauer. This might inspire the others to fire back up again. Especially if those two play well. Morneau is a different problem. I think he's still dealing with the concussion effects and may have career threatening issues here. Once again, injuries are part of the game and I'm not whining about it.

This is a real test of the Pohlad boys ownership skills. I hope they can stay the course.