• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, jrs. - The Twins are lookin' good tonite and Cuddy doinked another HR. Your pal FC must be going crazy!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, jrs. - The Twins are lookin' good tonite and Cuddy doinked another HR. Your pal FC must be going crazy!

Hey Buck!

Whats shakin?
Yeah it is a very good game so far.
You're right I'm sure FC is mad about something!
:thumb:

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Buck!

Whats shakin?
Yeah it is a very good game so far.
You're right I'm sure FC is mad about something!
:thumb:

jrs. - I been meanin' to "ring" you up to see what's goin' on with you too. It's been pretty nice down here and I got out fishin' a few days and got into my biggest shark yet. I'm in 7' of water off a sandbar outside of a tidal inlet. I cut a live catfish in half and toss him out there, few minutes later that rod is screamin'! Freakin' thing jumps about 50' from my boat and breaks off when it hits. Est. it to be 100-200 lbs, about the size of a common adult Dolphin around here. Possibly a bull shark. You don't attempt to land these fish!

Goin' out this Tues on a 48hr. trip with 6 guys and the captain & mate. We will get into a ton of fish including many, many, big ones! These trips really exhaust me with the lack of sleep and constant standing and fighting fish when we're not moving to new spots. God, I love this!

Anyway...keep in touch!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's about time you got back out! I thought maybe you'd given fishing up! LOL Well that must mean that Lenas knee is healing up a little bit I hope.
Thats a big eff'n fish! It sounds like a blast, I hope you enjoy the 2 day tour. Good luck fishing.
Summer finally arrived in MN, as today was hot and very humid. Its about time we were long over due. Storms have been a little crazy here lately. We had another roll through at 4:00 this morning, a bolt of lightning hit and shattered the wood electrical pole at the end of my driveway. needless to say the power was knocked out, but they had it restored this afternoon sometime. At least I didn't have to carry buckets of water out of the basement. LOL

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's about time you got back out! I thought maybe you'd given fishing up! LOL Well that must mean that Lenas knee is healing up a little bit I hope.
Thats a big eff'n fish! It sounds like a blast, I hope you enjoy the 2 day tour. Good luck fishing.
Summer finally arrived in MN, as today was hot and very humid. Its about time we were long over due. Storms have been a little crazy here lately. We had another roll through at 4:00 this morning, a bolt of lightning hit and shattered the wood electrical pole at the end of my driveway. needless to say the power was knocked out, but they had it restored this afternoon sometime. At least I didn't have to carry buckets of water out of the basement. LOL

Man, do I remember those Summer storms you just talked about! They were kinda cool if they didn't do any damage but they were a real pain when the power got knocked out and the basemant flooded. One Summer we lost power for nearly a week and I showered up by standing under the eaves during a rain shower! Off to Mac & Don's for my coffee & newspaper then back at it!

Later!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs - I almost forgot about the game last night! That was a nice win and a great boost for Pavano. I do really miss going to the games as much as anything but I got you guys to talk about it and to help me imagine the new stadium, etc. I might get up there this Summer once I get over that nightmare I had about a while back a troll kidnapping me (no, not Hauv or FC!) and not letting me come back to Fla. True story...I've had that dream several times.

How are the kids doing in the softball league? Drop me a line on this.

Now I'm outta hear for my coffee!

Ciao!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs - I almost forgot about the game last night! That was a nice win and a great boost for Pavano. I do really miss going to the games as much as anything but I got you guys to talk about it and to help me imagine the new stadium, etc. I might get up there this Summer once I get over that nightmare I had about a while back a troll kidnapping me (no, not Hauv or FC!) and not letting me come back to Fla. True story...I've had that dream several times.

How are the kids doing in the softball league? Drop me a line on this.

Now I'm outta hear for my coffee!

Ciao!

Hey Buck

Thanks for asking, softball is going well so far I have a good bunch of girls to coach again this year. We had practice again this morning, it was the final tune-up before the games start. Our first game is Monday night we play a double header. I will keep you posted!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sweet two in a row. Lets make it three. Gotta start somewhere right?

Nice Call PC, Three in a row! Now for a four game sweep! These guys are actually starting to play like the Twins we are used to.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Nice Call PC, Three in a row! Now for a four game sweep! These guys are actually starting to play like the Twins we are used to.

I sure hope so jrs,
I'd be happy if they could finish at least .500..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Not real happy, but it's better than finishing below .500. lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JR - I 'd like to see .500 also, especially if they get the "true" team back out there and they give us a wild finish at the end, passing a few teams to catch 2nd or 3rd. (1st place just doesn't seem realistic to me.)

What's "done is done" so far as the terrible season start, and I can understand that not much could have been done with the "replacement" team the twins had to employ after all the injuries occurred. It was the Twins turn for this to happen. I'm no "whiner."

jrs. - A sweep of KC would be HUGH!(sp?) (After all my kidney stones I never could spell very good.)

I'm going to see Mauer DH today for the Ft. Myers Miracle (Class A Twins affiliate.) $20 plus million per year to play minor league ball. I should be so lucky!!

Later!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hey a win is a win .. and we got a steak goin ... mornin buck .. Im kinda disapointed with mauer too

Hey, buddy! I'm just chargin' outta here to get to the game on time. Had a lot of stuff to get done beforehand so's I could "get down" wit' my posse w/o guilt!

Mauer really perplexes me. I don't wanna think he's a quitter...but he shows no outward signs of anything else but that right now. I know one thing: you won't see too many more MLB teams toss that kind of money at a catcher again, if ever. the Twins are mortgaged to the hilt on Mauer's salary alone. If he doesn't return to 100% efficiency it becomes a catastrophic expense to them. He can't be a .260 part-time player for the next 5-10 yrs. Hope I'm wrong (usually am!)

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
these baseball players seam more whimpy than football players ..takes em longer to heal

Well, I saw Mauer today...me and maybe 500 other people. He got one hit in 4at-bats and grounded everything he hit. Hit into 1-dp but it easily could have been two. He just doesn't seem to have his speed back yet but maybe he's coming back on a pre-set pace, I dunno'.

Apparently, he and Nishi are playing tomorrow night. I can't make that one because I'm goin on a 48-hr. off-shore fishing trip Tues. Morn., and will need all the sleep I can get. It's really hard to rest properly on the boat, and the best fishing is at night, of course!

Later!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morning boyz! Wow, we picked up four games on first place during the last four games we played. Only 13 more games and first plays is all ours! LOL!
It is good to see some competitive baseball out of these guys for a change.
Good luck fishing Buck!

Go Twins.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was a good weekend. Swept the Royals just like the Twins should. After the bad start this year things may look grim, but there are still a lot of games (over 100!) to be played and as they say, anything can happen. Need to keep the streak going in Cleveland!