• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gilmore Holding Out?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just once a pro sport team needs to file a federal lawsuit against a player holding out for 'Breach of Contract". Push it and not settle. See if it forces the player to come back or if the union is willing to foot the bill to defend the player. My guess is that the team would win and it would kill any future hold-outs. Think a player wouldn't sue if a baseball team tried to not pay because the player wasn't hitting 30 HRs or scoring 30 points a game?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just once a pro sport team needs to file a federal lawsuit against a player holding out for 'Breach of Contract". Push it and not settle. See if it forces the player to come back or if the union is willing to foot the bill to defend the player. My guess is that the team would win and it would kill any future hold-outs. Think a player wouldn't sue if a baseball team tried to not pay because the player wasn't hitting 30 HRs or scoring 30 points a game?
Would last 10 seconds with the team being fined for wasting the courts time. Dispute resolutions are spelled out in the collective bargaining agreement.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read post #33. Get back to us when you hear Gilmore quoted as holding out for money.....

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is due to get 8 mil this year on a contract he signed, agreed to, it was top loaded, now he wants to play hard ball. Fuck him and his bitch ass tactics trade the mother fucker if this is true.

If he is recovering as indicated by my post then give him time
Teams agree to the shit you are saying but they'll cut guys or trade them. It goes both ways. Get your money, Gilly.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams agree to the shit you are saying but they'll cut guys or trade them. It goes both ways. Get your money, Gilly.
And being cut in part of the contract agreed to that is why there is a monetary value assigned to it. Not playing because you are not getting your way is a punk move. Man up do the job you agreed to

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And being cut in part of the contract agreed to that is why there is a monetary value assigned to it. Not playing because you are not getting your way is a punk move. Man up do the job you agreed to
It goes deeper than "punk move", though I agree it's a valid assessment. The collective agreement never properly addressed consequences for this behavior.

The collective agreement is a good deal for ALL but not necessarily for each. That's the point. It makes concessions to provide improvements for the majority of the players by cashing in on the power held by a few. The agreement has provisions that limit the earnings of the top few and it is the use of those provisions which causes players to hold out.

Solutions: Any holding in out nullifies all bonuses. Any bonus already paid becomes recoupable. However, like all provisions of collective bargaining, that provision needs to be "bought" through some other concession.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR................don't do a friggin' thing and let him sit for a year. He'll be 32, last had to sit out because of a quad injury and now teams have yo wonder if Bill didn't pay him because he was damaged goods or a pain in the ass. Either way, he ain't getting Jalen Ramsey money.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that haven't already read this...

Here is my personal feeling about all this. One one hand there was a report he was still rehabbing a surgery, another had him holding out because he wants a new deal, another had the Pats trading him. Friggin media will make shit up to sell a story anymore I hate them and what they have become. Now if Gilmore is holding out because he wants to make sure he 100% before hitting the field I get that, if the Pats asked him to sit because there were trade offers that makes sense for both parties, if he is sitting because he wants a new deal on a 1 INT season then fuck him trade his ass for a 2nd round pick and a bag of Ruffles.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my personal feeling about all this. One one hand there was a report he was still rehabbing a surgery, another had him holding out because he wants a new deal, another had the Pats trading him. Friggin media will make shit up to sell a story anymore I hate them and what they have become. Now if Gilmore is holding out because he wants to make sure he 100% before hitting the field I get that, if the Pats asked him to sit because there were trade offers that makes sense for both parties, if he is sitting because he wants a new deal on a 1 INT season then fuck him trade his ass for a 2nd round pick and a bag of Ruffles.
1)You are correct about reporters.
2)The truth is pretty simple. There is nothing to be gained by either Gilmore or the team by showing up in mini-camp.
3)As far as holding out? Not really what is happening. Gilmore is being served well by others doing the talking.
4) still no quote from Gilmore. Reporters are repoting that it was reported!
5)Gilmore was rated 61st among active CB's. Would you give a bag of Ruffles for a 61st rated CB?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)You are correct about reporters.
2)The truth is pretty simple. There is nothing to be gained by either Gilmore or the team by showing up in mini-camp.
3)As far as holding out? Not really what is happening. Gilmore is being served well by others doing the talking.
4) still no quote from Gilmore. Reporters are repoting that it was reported!
5)Gilmore was rated 61st among active CB's. Would you give a bag of Ruffles for a 61st rated CB?

Maybe a can of store bought boiled peanuts

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet I would and I'd up the ante to add in a bag of Cheetos. I draw the line at the Fritos, those are all mine.
LOL I taught my Boy Scouts how to light a fire with Fritos

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it!

Gilmore can light a fire under the Patriots?
After last year someone should.

But I think most of saw last year as year one of rebuild mode. I don't want to say they didn't try but they just lacked at a lot of areas QB being #1.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So BAMMMMMM! Right out the gate and article that is supposed to be about Gilmore leads with Mac Jones and Camella Newton! It seems even the media is not recognizing there are two other QBs vying for the position.

Stidham and Hoyer should just ask to be traded.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the the reason the Patriots are not worried about Gilmore (yet) is they want to evaluate how good JC Jackson really is - without Gilmore on the field. if JC is capable of being a CB-1, It puts NE in a much better bargaining position.

Am I the only one that thinks that if Gilmore is no show / not ready for early part of camp, he is not in a good position to bargain because we have no real way to see if he can play near his 2019 DPOY game? Training video is not going to excite me.

Especially if you are a 31 YO CB coming off a lesser season and injury?

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the the reason the Patriots are not worried about Gilmore (yet) is they want to evaluate how good JC Jackson really is - without Gilmore on the field. if JC is capable of being a CB-1, It puts NE in a much better bargaining position.

Am I the only one that thinks that if Gilmore is no show / not ready for early part of camp, he is not in a good position to bargain because we have no real way to see if he can play near his 2019 DPOY game? Training video is not going to excite me.
If what you propose is true and if Jackson can a # 1 I agree that does not bode well for Gilmore. If it pans out that way and BB can find an NFC team willing to give up a second round pick, pull the trigger.

I do question how good Jackson can be.