• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants dont want haskins

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's lying season for NFL teams so I would take anything regarding loving/hating a player with a grain of salt.

A lot of what's leaked is leaked for the purpose of misdirection.

This report could very well be true but if the Giants aren't interested in Haskins than their best move is to leak how much they love Haskins.

They want to bait a team to move ahead of them and take them so it increases the odds of the guy they really want being on the board when they pick.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact Eli is approaching 40 the Giants should change their mind, Haskins should be the pick for them at 6 or wherever they end up picking at the draft.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t believe anything from a GM this time of year.
I always wonder when fans will finally understand this. My favorite are fans who go apeshit over rumors as though they actually happened.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's lying season for NFL teams so I would take anything regarding loving/hating a player with a grain of salt.

A lot of what's leaked is leaked for the purpose of misdirection.

This report could very well be true but if the Giants aren't interested in Haskins than their best move is to leak how much they love Haskins.

They want to bait a team to move ahead of them and take them so it increases the odds of the guy they really want being on the board when they pick.
These guys are like the CIA when it comes to info, but a team at #6 is gonna tell teams how they view a player, especially a QB?

Favorite were fellow Browns fans losing their minds last year when Friend of Dorsey said Dorsey was taking Josh Allen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you a QB guru or is this opinion based on an opinion you've read recently?
My guess is the latter. I swear if ESPN wanted to they could convince fans that Paris Campbell should be a top 5 pick.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's correctable at the next level and not a reason to say he's not worth it for any team.
But not at that high of a draft pick. He's a great athlete and if he's willing to learn to play QB in the NFL he certainly could. But will he try to learn or will he insist on doing it his way and end up like Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not at that high of a draft pick. He's a great athlete and if he's willing to learn to play QB in the NFL he certainly could. But will he try to learn or will he insist on doing it his way and end up like Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell.
not sure but it's a QB league and there has been some real sinkers drafted in round one over the last few seasons. I'd take my chances with this guy over many drafted in round one the last two or three drafts.

Time will tell

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haskins is probably about on par with Trubisky coming out of college. He looks like an NFL guy but you're really going to need to see him get some starts in the NFL before he can become anything consistent.
i like haskins way more than trubs, but haskins has zero mobility. Trubs feet bail him out alot

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i like haskins way more than trubs

It's weird how little credit Trubisky is getting this early into his career. Almost winning a playoff game but getting screwed over by his doinky kicker. I think he's WAY ahead of the curve.

But maybe you think Haskins is just that great? :noidea:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just that Murray's height of 5'10" is exceptionally short for a QB. Russell Wilson is probably the best comparison for his potential path to success in the NFL. With that said, the Russell's of the world are few and far between, and Wilson does have 1" on him at 5'11", and every extra inch of height really starts to matter a lot in that territory, IMO. Not to mention the fact that Wilson is listed at 215 lb to Murray's 195. Regardless of how elusive Murray is, getting smoked by NFL linemen and linebackers at full speed when weighing under 200 is going to be rough. He definitely needs to add a few pounds to his frame in the weight room without compromising his elusiveness. Wilson also had 2 great seasons and 2 good seasons coming out of college. whereas Murray was irrelevant until his senior year.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the guy. He clearly wants to do well in the NFL, and he has talent to work with if he puts in the effort. I just can't see a 5'10" QB doing very well in the pros. The best NFL QB who was 5'10" or under thus far that I can recall was Doug Flutie, and he was mostly an average novelty in the NFL and experienced most of his pro level success in the CFL. So, Murray would be making serious history to become a franchise QB worthy of a top-end 1st round pick. I feel like he's going to end up regretting not going with baseball instead down the line. Just my two cents.

If Murray was 6'3", they would be calling him the best draft prospect since Luck.

In this era of spread, shotgun football, I am surprised so many people worry about his size. Size matters when you are lining up under center.....NFL teams don't do that as much anymore. Some teams are only under center now one out of 4 or 5 plays....and a lot of those offenses are just doing that to run or run boot action out of it. And Murray is going to be able to do that.

Kid should be good IMO. As a not a Rosen fan, I'd take Murray without pause if I am the Cards. Especially with Klingsbury running the exact type of offense that he will and that Murray could excel at.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don’t like the kid why would they draft him?

They need to find there next franchise QB and I have a feeling he’s in next years draft so they can keep rebuilding this team via the draft and take best fit for the team

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird how little credit Trubisky is getting this early into his career. Almost winning a playoff game but getting screwed over by his doinky kicker. I think he's WAY ahead of the curve.

But maybe you think Haskins is just that great? :noidea:
watch trubs, actually watch him, happy feet, 1-2 reads, short quick passes.........he numbers and gradings look great because of the dumbed down system

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure but it's a QB league and there has been some real sinkers drafted in round one over the last few seasons. I'd take my chances with this guy over many drafted in round one the last two or three drafts.

Time will tell
Baker Mayfield is the real deal.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haskins is probably about on par with Trubisky coming out of college. He looks like an NFL guy but you're really going to need to see him get some starts in the NFL before he can become anything consistent.
This is an excellent comparison.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
watch trubs, actually watch him, happy feet, 1-2 reads, short quick passes.........he numbers and gradings look great because of the dumbed down system

Isn't that what you'd expect from a 24-YO QB who's started a total of 40 games in college & the pro's combined? Wouldn't it have been dumb to throw more at him than he's ready for?

The point is that in the limited capacity they've used him so far, he's actually done very well. Maybe not like Roethlisberger's 2nd year, but he did well above average for a first-round QB.

And he has a reputation as a hard worker, so I'd expect him to improve upon that success as he develops into a veteran QB (which usually happens around the 3rd or 4th year; see Drew Brees).

Shower Fart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always laugh at the height thing . Great QBS who are short have been short their whole life . It's not like Murray was 6'4 last year and shrunk. He will be fine , any adjustments he needed to make due to his height have already been made

As someone noted, he couldn't see over his linemen at OU either.