• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ghostbusters (2016) (reboot)

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think it's coincidence that Ghostbustiers comes out right when everybody knew Hillary would be making her final push for the White House? We get it Hollywood. Women (Hillary) can handle any tough job that a man can handle. I'm not sure which is worse. That they continues to use movies to push their liberal/PC viewpoints onto the public, or that they shamelessly hijacked an all-time classic comedy title of the past to push more of it down their throats this time.

But on to the movie itself I guess. Richard Roeper says it's terrible. The top critics on Rotten Tomatoes are split. Half give it a positive rating, the other half are rating it rotten. But even the ones who give it a positive rating are stopping way short of calling it a good movie. They usually highlight some of the positives, quickly gloss over one or two of the negatives, go out of their way to compliment the female cast, and then run like hell. The preemptive strike by director Paul Feig to paint anyone who hated the trailer as a sexist misogynist has a lot to do with that though I'm sure.

Reading between the lines of the negative and positive-ish reviews, it sounds like Redbox rental material. Then decide whether or not it's worth picking up a copy in the "under $5" bin at Walmart a few years from now.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think it's coincidence that Ghostbustiers comes out right when everybody knew Hillary would be making her final push for the White House? We get it Hollywood. Women (Hillary) can handle any tough job that a man can handle. I'm not sure which is worse. That they continues to use movies to push their liberal/PC viewpoints onto the public, or that they shamelessly hijacked an all-time classic comedy title of the past to push more of it down their throats this time.

But on to the movie itself I guess. Richard Roeper says it's terrible. The top critics on Rotten Tomatoes are split. Half give it a positive rating, the other half are rating it rotten. But even the ones who give it a positive rating are stopping way short of calling it a good movie. They usually highlight some of the positives, quickly gloss over one or two of the negatives, go out of their way to compliment the female cast, and then run like hell. The preemptive strike by director Paul Feig to paint anyone who hated the trailer as a sexist misogynist has a lot to do with that though I'm sure.

Reading between the lines of the negative and positive-ish reviews, it sounds like Redbox rental material. Then decide whether or not it's worth picking up a copy in the "under $5" bin at Walmart a few years from now.

I do.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mama Grande never raised such foolish child.

Too much coordination needed for me to believe it was coordinated. Also too little payoff, they would do this because a female Ghostbusters movie would help Hillary? Might as well believe that Elvis is still alive.

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much coordination needed for me to believe it was coordinated. Also too little payoff, they would do this because a female Ghostbusters movie would help Hillary? Might as well believe that Elvis is still alive.

Too much coordination? We've all known for 4 years now that it was gonna be Hillary's turn as front runner for the Dems this go-round. They've had the time, and definitely have the money. Hell, Feig didn't even need to come up with a new story for a summer blockbuster. Just piggy-back off an old one. Not sure why you think it's so far out of the realm of possibility but, believe whatever you want I guess.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are easily entertained.
Some people demand more from a movie.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently over 150 remakes/reboots/sequels being made right now in Hollywood, including a freaking Star Whores SIDE STORY and a 21 Jump Street movie collaborating with the Men in Freaking Black. I'm sick of Hollywood pandering to it's crowd purely by a label and delivering shit on a platter and playing off of peoples emotions while force feeding it's audience a big heaping turd.

Good points. They'll keep feeding people crap until people stop going to the movies/renting films.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much coordination? We've all known for 4 years now that it was gonna be Hillary's turn as front runner for the Dems this go-round. They've had the time, and definitely have the money. Hell, Feig didn't even need to come up with a new story for a summer blockbuster. Just piggy-back off an old one. Not sure why you think it's so far out of the realm of possibility but, believe whatever you want I guess.

You got it. It's all a big conspiracy. The fact that Feig has been doing an female led movie every year for about the last 4 years was part of the plan. So devious.

Because everyone knows that the way to convince people that Hillary Clinton could be President is to have Leslie Jones running around screaming.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with an all female cast. But if the movie sucks....it sucks. I haven't seen it yet, but based on reviews, I'll wait and rent the br.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are easily entertained.
Some people demand more from a movie.

Some people are happy that they remake movies for a younger generation that looks at movies from the 80s as oldies.

Star Wars was a remake. I doubt many would consider Hidden Fortress a classic today though. Hell just about every Kurosawa film was remade, often times into a classic.

I think the remake of Ocean's 11 is better than the original but that could be purely because I relate to the new cast far more than the rat pack.

Remakes are a compliment to the original.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with an all female cast. But if the movie sucks....it sucks. I haven't seen it yet, but based on reviews, I'll wait and rent the br.

73 on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty respectable.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73 on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty respectable.

That's one site, but I've read many didn't like it. Do you think much of the negativity is because to the female cast?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one site, but I've read many didn't like it. Do you think much of the negativity is because to the female cast?

Given the overwhelming hostility this movie got from the movie they released a 30 second teaser trailer, yeah I do.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the overwhelming hostility this movie got from the movie they released a 30 second teaser trailer, yeah I do.

I have no issue with a female cast. If the movie like this has a story, great special effects and humor, I'm in. I'm also a fan of movies with lots of battle action. And a hot babe or two never hurt anything.

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it. It's all a big conspiracy. The fact that Feig has been doing an female led movie every year for about the last 4 years was part of the plan. So devious.

Because everyone knows that the way to convince people that Hillary Clinton could be President is to have Leslie Jones running around screaming.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. :bullshit:

I guess when someone makes a point that strikes a nerve, do your best to paint them as some sort of wacky conspiracy theorist, right?

But yeah, you're right I guess. No way liberal ol' Hollywood would try to influence something as meaningless as the presidential election by putting out a blockbuster 'girl power' movie right at the time we all knew Hillary would be making her final push for the White House. Nah. Hollywood would never try to influence the public through movies. :rolleyes:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned in this thread: Point Break was a classic movie.
Well, now you know.
Point Break was an awesome movie.

And, hell, that movie's been remade many times already. The entire Fast and Furious Fenomenon owes it's everything to being a shameless ripoff remake of Point Break.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess when someone makes a point that strikes a nerve, do your best to paint them as some sort of wacky conspiracy theorist, right?

But yeah, you're right I guess. No way liberal ol' Hollywood would try to influence something as meaningless as the presidential election by putting out a blockbuster 'girl power' movie right at the time we all knew Hillary would be making her final push for the White House. Nah. Hollywood would never try to influence the public through movies. :rolleyes:

So you're not a conspiracy theorist, except when you're a conspiracy theorist.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An interesting rebuttal. You start off by ridiculing my claim that you are engaging in a conspiracy theory and then..... engage in a conspiracy theory in which Hollywood is secretly trying to influence the election by producing a movie with female comedic leads.

Cognitive dissonance at its finest.