• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ghostbusters (2016) (reboot)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand McCarthy.
I cant stand McKinnon
I am neutral on Wiig.
I actually really like Jones.

Seeing as McCarthy has top billing with Wiig and McKinnon getting secondary billing (I think) with Jones being the bottom of the 4...

No thanks.

Now if it gets AMAZING reviews, I reserve the right to change my stance and I will see it. I just dont expect that.

I'm not sure I even think it will be that good, although I think it it will be at least OK, but I just do not get all of the complaining about it. There was one good movie thirty years ago, I am not sure why some view this as blasphemy.

At least you do not like the actresses themselves, most of the complaints I see are that its starring women. I think that's stupid.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I even think it will be that good, although I think it it will be at least OK, but I just do not get all of the complaining about it. There was one good movie thirty years ago, I am not sure why some view this as blasphemy.

At least you do not like the actresses themselves, most of the complaints I see are that its starring women. I think that's stupid.
Well, it has been a stated objective that this is a "girl power" movie. It has just gotten a push-back about the fact that all the woman they hired for tech jobs behind the scenes are white, and Jones plays a VERY stereotypical black woman in the movie (the 3 white woman are scientists while Jones is a loudmouth angry black woman -- in the original, Hudson was black, but his character could have easily been played by an actor of any race)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it has been a stated objective that this is a "girl power" movie. It has just gotten a push-back about the fact that all the woman they hired for tech jobs behind the scenes are white, and Jones plays a VERY stereotypical black woman in the movie (the 3 white woman are scientists while Jones is a loudmouth angry black woman -- in the original, Hudson was black, but his character could have easily been played by an actor of any race)
I disagree with the first part. Fieg started he would like to do the movie with Wiig and McCarthy and a ton of people were upset and labeled the movie a PC project. The Jones criticism is fair, buy until a few weeks ago no one had seen that and there has been whining for years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the first part. Fieg started he would like to do the movie with Wiig and McCarthy and a ton of people were upset and labeled the movie a PC project. The Jones criticism is fair, buy until a few weeks ago no one had seen that and there has been whining for years.
The "girl power" aspect comes a lot from the earlier posted pic, and the racist complaints come from the trailer.

But that is actually one of the reasons I like Jones and think she is funny as hell. She doesnt (appear to) care about PC, and is just funny (if a bit one-trick-ponyish).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, like her or not but Leslie Jones late career success story is pretty amazing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with it is that they aren't creating something new. They are copying something old. Some of that first trailer is like word for word and scene for scene Ghostbusters cosplay. Shut up and let me keep my money.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, like her or not but Leslie Jones late career success story is pretty amazing.
I fell in love with her after her first appearance on Weekend Update. I thought she was hilarious and pretty much immediately started calling for her to be added to the cast.

Yes, she may be a one trick pony. But she is hilarious doing that one trick.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the trailer is holding out? I think all the girls are funny, but that trailer looks turrble.

Will see it when it rolls the movie channels.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that trailer was dog shit. Jeez, how can you make such a bad trailer? It's almost like they just chose to make the movie one long SNL parody skit.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll see it. It's basically Bridesmaids morphed into Ghostbusters. Same creative team, some of the same actors.

I liked Spy, The Heat, Bridesmaids, all by Feig, all were good and funny movies.

Same with Wiig and McCarthy, their stuff is always good.

OP should jump off a bridge.

Hold on....are you a chick??

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

I would fuck Kristen Wiig....if that's any consolation? :shrug:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the Colorado Premiere and I have to say I was blown away by how good it was. I like most people were skeptical going in based on the female cast and trailers but it's actually a good movie. Nothing amazing but it's certainly better than all the flack it's getting online.

Without spoiling anything the movie is about 70% jokes but they actually work(outside of a few) and there's quite a few awesome cameos(some you expect and some you don't).

Definitely better than Ghostbusters 2 and it doesn't shit all over the original and embarrass itself like some were expecting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already ruined the Ackroyd cameo in one of the TV spots.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe a movie with trailers that horrid can actually be "good". I'm gonna take your reaction as you expected a total pile of steaming shit but instead was surprised to find a modest fart

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe a movie with trailers that horrid can actually be "good". I'm gonna take your reaction as you expected a total pile of steaming shit but instead was surprised to find a modest fart

I expected a 5 and it was a 7.5. It's an above average movie.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it isn't that bad, I hope it tanks. Hollywood needs to stop whoring out a concept and come up with original material. Only way for that to happen is movies like this to tank.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it isn't that bad, I hope it tanks. Hollywood needs to stop whoring out a concept and come up with original material. Only way for that to happen is movies like this to tank.
It still wouldn't happen then. They'd just wait a few more years and try another remake.

I'd understand the remake hate more if there were a bunch of good Ghostbuster movies. But there are just two, one was great and the second was OK at best. Not much of a legacy to ruin IMO.

I mean, I am pro-ghost so I wont go see it - but the remake stuff doesn't bug me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call BS on this comment... I think we all cry for originality, but forget nothing is original... Majority of movies come from books, and then you get the viewers who complain that the book was so much better than the movie, and how the movie ruined the story...

Just go into a movie and have fun with it... that is the purpose of it...