• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ghostbusters (2016) (reboot)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trailers looks sooo bad. I was holding out hope that for once, they were holding back on the trailer.

Will not see it in the theater, but will prolly redbox it en sech

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS on this comment... I think we all cry for originality, but forget nothing is original... Majority of movies come from books, and then you get the viewers who complain that the book was so much better than the movie, and how the movie ruined the story...

Just go into a movie and have fun with it... that is the purpose of it...
There are currently over 150 remakes/reboots/sequels being made right now in Hollywood, including a freaking Star Whores SIDE STORY and a 21 Jump Street movie collaborating with the Men in Freaking Black. I'm sick of Hollywood pandering to it's crowd purely by a label and delivering shit on a platter and playing off of peoples emotions while force feeding it's audience a big heaping turd.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently over 150 remakes/reboots/sequels being made right now in Hollywood, including a freaking Star Whores SIDE STORY and a 21 Jump Street movie collaborating with the Men in Freaking Black. I'm sick of Hollywood pandering to it's crowd purely by a label and delivering shit on a platter and playing off of peoples emotions while force feeding it's audience a big heaping turd.

But this has always been... How many Rocky movies?? How about nightmare on elm street, or Halloween and even a cross over... There were 3 Back to the future movies, and 3 Original star wars...

Sequels have always been in Hollywood... I will give you that remakes and reboots are over the top... But what is so bad if they can put their own twist on it?? it is not like this Ghostbusters is replacing the original...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this has always been... How many Rocky movies?? How about nightmare on elm street, or Halloween and even a cross over... There were 3 Back to the future movies, and 3 Original star wars...

Sequels have always been in Hollywood... I will give you that remakes and reboots are over the top... But what is so bad if they can put their own twist on it?? it is not like this Ghostbusters is replacing the original...
So did you think it was necessary to reboot Point Break? Rebooting a classic is absolutely ridiculous, Ghostbusters falls into the SHOULD NOT REBOOT section.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our childhood is ruined! I also hope this movie tanks!

Hollywood has so run out of ideas!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...movies are now becoming tv shows.

i see that Damon Wayans is becoming Sgt Murtaugh in a lethal weapon show

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did you think it was necessary to reboot Point Break? Rebooting a classic is absolutely ridiculous, Ghostbusters falls into the SHOULD NOT REBOOT section.

Here is the thing, 1984 was 32 years ago...

they can make a reboot to whatever they want, but it being a reboot shouldn't be the reason not to like it... The reboot of point break was an awful movie!!! not because it was a reboot, but because it was an awful movie....

How many Robin hood movies were there?? how about Dracula movies?? this has always been the case, you just have to take the movies for what they are...

How many movies did you love back when you were a kid, and tried watching it and just couldn't??

Of course Ghostbusters is not one of those, the original would probably be loved by the newer generation... But why cant they have their own??

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing, 1984 was 32 years ago...

they can make a reboot to whatever they want, but it being a reboot shouldn't be the reason not to like it... The reboot of point break was an awful movie!!! not because it was a reboot, but because it was an awful movie....

How many Robin hood movies were there?? how about Dracula movies?? this has always been the case, you just have to take the movies for what they are...

How many movies did you love back when you were a kid, and tried watching it and just couldn't??

Of course Ghostbusters is not one of those, the original would probably be loved by the newer generation... But why cant they have their own??
So if I said, ok lets go remake Citizen Kane, The Godfather or 12 Angry Men, you still say great idea?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I said, ok lets go remake Citizen Kane, The Godfather or 12 Angry Men, you still say great idea?

Remake it sure.... Would probably be a great idea to update EPIC movies... The problem with remaking movies is that you risk making a terrible movie... and that's what happens more than not with remakes...

But if they could guarantee a good movie, then sure I would see it and enjoy it....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned in this thread: Point Break was a classic movie.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remake it sure.... Would probably be a great idea to update EPIC movies... The problem with remaking movies is that you risk making a terrible movie... and that's what happens more than not with remakes...

But if they could guarantee a good movie, then sure I would see it and enjoy it....
Fair enough then. I personally feel like it is being a whore to appeal to people purely for profit and they could careless about quality while simultaneously shitting all over and tarnishing the franchise recreated. Just my personal opinion, but I feel your standpoint as well.

Reactions: GNG

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned in this thread: Point Break was a classic movie.
It really isn't but it was unnecessarily remade and it just came out. First thing I could think of.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough then. I personally feel like it is being a whore to appeal to people purely for profit and they could careless about quality while simultaneously shitting all over and tarnishing the franchise recreated. Just my personal opinion, but I feel your standpoint as well.

And I totally understand where you are coming from... I just don't think you realize how bad Hollywood ALWAYS was...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its looks like an okay movie that doesn't need to exist or justify the money it takes to go to the theater. I might watch it on Netflix at some point. Maybe. Right there with Secret Life of Pets and Finding Dory on my list of 'meh'

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If people stop going in droves to see remakes (or movies based content with a built in audience ie: comics, graphic novels, etc), then Hollywood will start offering up more 'new' content.

But don't kid yourself. New or remake, everyone is in business to make profit.

Also, let's not pretend this is a new phenomenon. It's been going on for half a century or more.

At any rate, I fall in the camp of 'idk if it's a remake or a sequel if it's GOOD.' Make GOOD stuff, and people will watch it.