• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ghostbusters (2016) (reboot)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They show any titties or ass? If not, I'll catch it on red box.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one site, but I've read many didn't like it. Do you think much of the negativity is because to the female cast?

Well Rotten Tomatoes takes reviews from critics all over the place so it's more than just 1 site, it's like a collective.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably won't see it in the movies... Really the story for the first couple, the plot, etc wasn't great for me, I liked the actors in those. That was the selling point. Nothing against the reboot actors, but I don't like them as much.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't going to watch this till it hit redbox or an HD stream hit the internet because it looked terrible. But my mom got some bad news from her doctor yesterday so I took today off & dragged her out of house. She rarely watches a movie in a theater but I convinced her to watch Ghostbusters with me.

5.5/10

It wasn't as bad as I imagined, but it wasn't very good either. My mom liked it a little more than I did, laughed more than I did. There are more than few cringe worthy scenes. I wasn't too impressed with the CGI & didn't like all the misandry throughout the movie. I do think the movie would likely had been better viewed in 3D. Overall, it's just an average movie.

I doubt this ends up being the tent-pole Sony was hoping for. Without having China around to compensate for lackluster domestic ticket sales, this movie is going to have trouble getting to the black.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to see Melissa McCarthy's titties? Damn you might just be more of a perv than me.

The only way you can top Murray and Ackroyd by changing the cast to women is with titties.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SATURDAY AM UPDATE: Friday estimates have come in and Ghostbusters is right on track to match Mojo's expectations with an estimated $17.2 million Friday, pushing toward a weekend right around $46 million. While these aren't exactly blockbuster numbers given the film's $144 million production budget, they aren't exactly dire numbers either as director Paul Feig's films tend to deliver solid multipliers. In fact, the film's "B+" CinemaScore matches the CinemaScore for both Spy and Bridesmaids and is just below The Heat's "A-" and all three enjoyed solid legs. Ghostbusters is looking to deliver Feig's largest opening of all-time and the same goes for star Melissa McCarthy.

WTF!? $144 million production budget???

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth seeing in theaters but something I'll forget in a month.

Solid B

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kevin character is exceptionally offensive, btw. If misandry bothers you then watch out. I will say that the character is also really funny. I don't mind but I feel like 30 years from now they'll have to remake the movie again.

Melissa McCarthy s character is also the weak link. She is smart but not the smartest. Sassy but not the sassiest. Crazy but not the craziest. She actually isn't needed in the movie at all. My .02

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kevin character is exceptionally offensive, btw. If misandry bothers you then watch out. I will say that the character is also really funny. I don't mind but I feel like 30 years from now they'll have to remake the movie again.

Honestly I don't see the whole Kevin thing as misandry, no one was really hating on him for being a man he was just oblivious to everything and really stupid. I didn't see it as "Kevin was stupid because he was a man" I saw it as "Kevin was stupid because he was a stupid person". You could've put a female in his place and kept the same jokes and dialogue and it would've worked(as long as the female was funny since Chris Hemsworth had the funniest lines in the movie).