• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ghostbusters (2016) (reboot)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serious. Just enough nostalgia to keep me interested. It's not comparable to the real GB movies, but as a stand alone, I can watch it w the kids. Better than Paw Patrol.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious. Just enough nostalgia to keep me interested. It's not comparable to the real GB movies, but as a stand alone, I can watch it w the kids. Better than Paw Patrol.

I think my kids could sustain life on Paw Patrol alone.

Ghostbusters was a let down, as all the gals in it are pretty funny broads, but for some reason it fell flat in the humor column. It just wasn't very funny.

Tough to live up to the originals tho. I watched it once. Prolly won't ever again.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my kids could sustain life on Paw Patrol alone.

Ghostbusters was a let down, as all the gals in it are pretty funny broads, but for some reason it fell flat in the humor column. It just wasn't very funny.

Tough to live up to the originals tho. I watched it once. Prolly won't ever again.

I agree is wasn't funny. Funniest parts were probably the Indian kid w the shrimp soup scenes.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched this last night and tedious best sums it up for me. We were just waiting for it to end about a half hour before it finally did. The cast was fine, in fact Melissa McCarthy showed again that she doesn't need a script to be funny, which was a good thing because they forgot that part when they put this together.

Flipping the script, with Hemsworth as Kevin the hunky bubble-headed assistant, was funny.. but that was about it for the humor aside from McCarthy occasionally riffing and doing her thing. What a waste.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched this last night and tedious best sums it up for me. We were just waiting for it to end about a half hour before it finally did. The cast was fine, in fact Melissa McCarthy showed again that she doesn't need a script to be funny, which was a good thing because they forgot that part when they put this together.

Flipping the script, with Hemsworth as Kevin the hunky bubble-headed assistant, was funny.. but that was about it for the humor aside from McCarthy occasionally riffing and doing her thing. What a waste.

McCarthy isn't funny.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy isn't funny.

She makes me laugh and several Emmy, Oscar and other wins & nominations for comedic roles says you're wrong. But it's subjective and to each his own. The movie funny definitely isn't funny.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so either.

I enjoyed Mike & Molly. Up until they changed the show to revolve around her. Then it sucked. They lost the balance of what made it funny.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She makes me laugh and several Emmy, Oscar and other wins & nominations for comedic roles says you're wrong. But it's subjective and to each his own. The movie funny definitely isn't funny.

"Hollywood agrees with me, and they've never been wrong, so she's funny! "

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hollywood agrees with me, and they've never been wrong, so she's funny! "

Aren't you the one who thinks the Stones music sucks ? You just have shitty taste.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the one who thinks the Stones music sucks ? You just have shitty taste.

I and a whole bunch of others think the Stones suck, and I don't have to invoke the opinion of the celebrity back-patters to try and make that point. I'm guessing you're the type that finds the most obnoxious/non-creative crap to be amusing, like the mouth-breathers who find the progressive commercials funny

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I and a whole bunch of others think the Stones suck, and I don't have to invoke the opinion of the celebrity back-patters to try and make that point. I'm guessing you're the type that finds the most obnoxious/non-creative crap to be amusing, like the mouth-breathers who find the progressive commercials funny

I didn't have to invoke anything, in particular. Just pointing out that she's a very successful comic actress by any standard you use. She's popular with the general public, her peers and the critics. The fact you don't agree doesn't change that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if they swapped the roles between McCarthy and Wiig the movie Could have been funny... it was a good female cast... But for the likes of me, I don't understand why they made McCarthy the brainy dry humour character...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's hilarious in Spy. That's a great movie, all around.

I'm impressed that you were able to identify which Melissa McCarthy movie you were watching :wink:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they swapped the roles between McCarthy and Wiig the movie Could have been funny... it was a good female cast... But for the likes of me, I don't understand why they made McCarthy the brainy dry humour character...

I thought the casting was fine. It's the script that was the problem. It just wasn't funny aside from little bits here and there like the relationship between them and the Hemsworth/Kevin character, which should have been a lot funnier than it was.

One think I noticed about the cast is that I didn't find Kate McKinnon very funny at all and I think she's hilarious on SNL. Maybe she's just good with the extreme caricatures she does on SNL but not so great when she has to play a more realistic part. Or maybe it's just that the script was crap.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the casting was fine. It's the script that was the problem. It just wasn't funny aside from little bits here and there like the relationship between them and the Hemsworth/Kevin character, which should have been a lot funnier than it was.

One think I noticed about the cast is that I didn't find Kate McKinnon very funny at all and I think she's hilarious on SNL. Maybe she's just good with the extreme caricatures she does on SNL but not so great when she has to play a more realistic part. Or maybe it's just that the script was crap.

I would agree that the script was awful... the shame is that because the script was awful, it justifies the belief that it was the women playing it that were unfunny... it justifies the belief that they shouldn't have made an all female reboot...

But all of that is BS...