• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting to know your fellow SportsHoopla posters

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
54 year old white boy 6'0" 265, married for 31 years 4 kids 2 girls 2 boys. Both my wife and I went to Nebraska . Own and operate a ranch and oil company in the Texas panhandle.

Sounds like you are living the dream.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a very nice life. Very blessed.

Bit of a dream of mine to retire one day to several acres of God given Texas land. Maybe 18-20 years once the kids are off to college.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been nice to see the truth... and fiction.... of the Lions posters.

My name is Jim, and I'm a Lions fan.....

Born in Detroit, grew up in Warren, dropped out of the U of M, moved to New Orleans on a shady job offer (long story), then San Diego following the job, met my bride to be there, moved back to NOLA (story continues), proposed to the future wife after she moved there with me, moved to Connecticut for her job, married, first two kids born in CT, then moved to Western Wisconsin (she missed where she grew up), third child, bought a house, raised a family.... it's been fun. In October, we'll celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary by visiting our oldest who should be completing the last phase of nuclear power school for the Navy as a submarine officer. The second child lives in North Dakota, trained in diesel mechanics but has decided to try driving 18 wheelers. The youngest is starting here 4th year of school in South Dakota, hoping to eventually become a forensic pathologist (so, med school followed by specialty, followed by more debt than some third world nations it seems). My wife is a paramedic, a true life saver. I've been blessed in so many ways.

And me? I work in the Twin Cities for a great organization. It's called LifeSource. We coordinate organ and tissue transplants across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and three counties of western Wisconsin. I work in IT, kind of a jack-of-all trades (miss those days when I was strictly an Exchange admin). If you believe in transplantation, do all of us a favor and make your wishes known to your family and friends, and if you haven't registered to be a donor, what are you waiting for?

So yeah, I'm closer to a seasoned citizen than most of the young bucks here. I've spent decades waiting for the Lions to get to and win a Superbowl. I tolerate the Packers (except on weekends like the one coming up) while giving grief to the few Bears fans and have a healthy rivalry going with all the Vikings fans I work with. This board has really helped me maintain being a Lions fan. Thanks to all of you.
image.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here's mine, for real this time.

39 year old life long Lions fan, 6' 1 230lbs., married w 10 month old twins (one boy and one girl). I'm a bit of a wandering soul. Graduated HS in 1993 and played around in the bars as a bouncer in bars all over Detroit (started at 17, as a senior in HS). My dad had a big manufacturing shop up North that I planned to go work for once I was done having fun, so that was my fall back. Figured I'd work there forever. Eventually made my way there and learned the art of tool & die around age 22. Did that for a couple of years, got bored, and went off to Baker college, then Michigan State and got a graphics arts degree I've never used. Started my own personal training company back when you could still pay a gym a $10 guest fee, charge your client $50, and walk away with $40 an hour. Got out of that once gyms smartened up and starting taking 60%, and you had to sign clients up through the gyms.

Took a flier and went to work for Quicken Loans as a mortgage banker in 2005 and my life changed forever. Met my eventual future wife, worked hard, and set ourselves up for the future. Had a heart transplant in 2009 (I was born w a bad heart, had surgery at 1 years old to correct it, and always knew I'd need one). Spent the next 2 years rehabbing myself. They told me I'd never weigh more than 175-200 lbs again, told me I'd never lift weights again, yadda, yadda, basically told me about shit other people couldn't do. Made them get me up out of bed at 3am after my surgery and I walked the halls for 30 minutes on my own that night, something else they had told me "no one"does. I left U of M hospital 9 days after my transplant and went home. Another first according to my docs. Almost 5 years later I'm 230 lbs, bench over 300 (with a cracked and repaired sternum), dead lift 500 and so on.........I believe in the powers of self-confidence, and God, and owe most of what I have to both.

I'm semi-retired now, with the twins being born about 11 months ago. I'm a stay at home dad for them, while my wife (7 years younger than myself) still works at Quicken, side by side with Dan Gilbert on a Detroit blight project. Basically, she figures out the financing part of cleaning up Detroit.

Worst part of my life is waiting for our new home to be built. Building at 35 and Van Dyke out in the middle of the woods, for those familiar w the area, But in the meantime, living with my folks. Not easy having no place for your stuff, let alone your wife and kids stuff.

Been a Lions fan forever. Had season tix growing up via my dad's company. Spent my youth in section 120 at the Silverdome. Probably did about 1000 beer bongs in that damn parking lot. I loved that stadium.

I'm over the Mayhew era. My biggest fear is that Calvin is repeating the Barry curse. Best in the league at his position, held back by an otherwise average club.

I get a bad rap around here sometimes, but I'm very generous with my electronic cigs, and make excellent back up once you get to know me.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

39 year old life long Lions fan, 6' 1 230lbs., married w 10 month old twins (one boy and one girl). I'm a bit of a wandering soul. Graduated HS in 1993 and played around in the bars as a bouncer in bars all over Detroit (started at 17, as a senior in HS). My dad had a big manufacturing shop up North that I planned to go work for once I was done having fun, so that was my fall back. Figured I'd work there forever. Eventually made my way there and learned the art of tool & die around age 22. Did that for a couple of years, got bored, and went off to Baker college, then Michigan State and got a graphics arts degree I've never used. Started my own personal training company back when you could still pay a gym a $10 guest fee, charge your client $50, and walk away with $40 an hour. Got out of that once gyms smartened up and starting taking 60%, and you had to sign clients up through the gyms.

Took a flier and went to work for Quicken Loans as a mortgage banker in 2005 and my life changed forever. Met my eventual future wife, worked hard, and set ourselves up for the future. Had a heart transplant in 2009 (I was born w a bad heart, had surgery at 1 years old to correct it, and always knew I'd need one). Spent the next 2 years rehabbing myself. They told me I'd never weigh more than 175-200 lbs again, told me I'd never lift weights again, yadda, yadda, basically told me about shit other people couldn't do. Made them get me up out of bed at 3am after my surgery and I walked the halls for 30 minutes on my own that night, something else they had told me "no one"does. I left U of M hospital 9 days after my transplant and went home. Another first according to my docs. Almost 5 years later I'm 230 lbs, bench over 300 (with a cracked and repaired sternum), dead lift 500 and so on.........I believe in the powers of self-confidence, and God, and owe most of what I have to both.

I'm semi-retired now, with the twins being born about 11 months ago. I'm a stay at home dad for them, while my wife (7 years younger than myself) still works at Quicken, side by side with Dan Gilbert on a Detroit blight project. Basically, she figures out the financing part of cleaning up Detroit.

Worst part of my life is waiting for our new home to be built. Building at 35 and Van Dyke out in the middle of the woods, for those familiar w the area, But in the meantime, living with my folks. Not easy having no place for your stuff, let alone your wife and kids stuff.

Been a Lions fan forever. Had season tix growing up via my dad's company. Spent my youth in section 120 at the Silverdome. Probably did about 1000 beer bongs in that damn parking lot. I loved that stadium.

I'm over the Mayhew era. My biggest fear is that Calvin is repeating the Barry curse. Best in the league at his position, held back by an otherwise average club.

I get a bad rap around here sometimes, but I'm very generous with my electronic cigs, and make excellent back up once you get to know me.
You sound like a huge pussy :suds:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool story but this mad me laugh. You give out electronic cigs or just a do a puff puff give type of thing?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmm,....when they make your bio-pic [on ~Hallmark/Ch.~]....what actor could they get to portray you....??,...*you left out caucasion*.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Smitty would be a organ donor for other things in Verlanders life

Hahaha.

"Sorry Kate, we're on the West Coast all week. But my stand-in will be there..."

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59 YO white guy, 5'11"/180, married 30 years with 2 kids... 1 of each and a dog & cat. They're both grown...the kids that is. One's(27) in NYC out on her own and my son(23) is still with us though he sure as hell could afford his own place. He has a good job. That reminds me.. I need to raise his rent. Born and raised between upstate NY and DC. Moved to MI in 73. Lived in Detroit for 25 years, in Livonia since then.

I'm an Oracle DBA for the past 17 years and was a programmer/developer for 15 years before that. College at Saginaw Valley State. I'm an alkie... been dry for 8 years. I'm a Christian. I like to golf and snorkel. I have my own golf DB for my golf talk. Football is my favorite sport to play and watch by far... too old to play these days so it's pretty much just the golf and snorkeling when I can. No exceptional talents, but I'm a songleader at church. I can still swim underwater farther than just about anyone I come across, too. There's not much call for that. It must have been all of those "hold it as long as I could" bong hits at SVSU that increased my lung capacity. I don't partake of that anymore either. That I do miss, the booze I don't.

I was a Skins fan growing up in DC... had season tix for several years and remained one when I moved to MI until, against my better judgement, I found myself rooting for the Lions against them in the NFC Championship game in 91. I blame it on Barry. Been a Lions fan ever since. Lions, Tigers and Wings in that order... not a hoops nor college sports fan, though I get into the Pistons when they're good and if I have a college rooting interest it's Sparty.

I'm on some sort of double secret semi probation here and have no idea why. Apparently I pissed off someone I shouldn't have. Nobody told me what I did wrong but I guess I could disappear at any time. I lean left on most issues which is not a popular direction amongst the Hoop leadership. I'm also a smartass... or a dumbass depending upon your POV. That's probably part of it, too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another poster I was sure was black. wth.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out what color has anything to do with this site I'm more worried about what kind of sports content people can post

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59 YO white guy, 5'11"/180, married 30 years with 2 kids... 1 of each and a dog & cat. They're both grown...the kids that is. One's(27) in NYC out on her own and my son(23) is still with us though he sure as hell could afford his own place. He has a good job. That reminds me.. I need to raise his rent. Born and raised between upstate NY and DC. Moved to MI in 73. Lived in Detroit for 25 years, in Livonia since then.

I'm an Oracle DBA for the past 17 years and was a programmer/developer for 15 years before that. College at Saginaw Valley State. I'm an alkie... been dry for 8 years. I'm a Christian. I like to golf and snorkel. I have my own golf DB for my golf talk. Football is my favorite sport to play and watch by far... too old to play these days so it's pretty much just the golf and snorkeling when I can. No exceptional talents, but I'm a songleader at church. I can still swim underwater farther than just about anyone I come across, too. There's not much call for that. It must have been all of those "hold it as long as I could" bong hits at SVSU that increased my lung capacity. I don't partake of that anymore either. That I do miss, the booze I don't.

I was a Skins fan growing up in DC... had season tix for several years and remained one when I moved to MI until, against my better judgement, I found myself rooting for the Lions against them in the NFC Championship game in 91. I blame it on Barry. Been a Lions fan ever since. Lions, Tigers and Wings in that order... not a hoops nor college sports fan, though I get into the Pistons when they're good and if I have a college rooting interest it's Sparty.

I'm on some sort of double secret semi probation here and have no idea why. Apparently I pissed off someone I shouldn't have. Nobody told me what I did wrong but I guess I could disappear at any time. I lean left on most issues which is not a popular direction amongst the Hoop leadership. I'm also a smartass... or a dumbass depending upon your POV. That's probably part of it, too.

Whereabouts in the DC area Waz. I grew up Southern Maryland PG County in Charles County?

I lean to the left also I stay out of the political forum my wiener it leans to the right which is what I almost thought that was the information you were passing a long for some unknown reason lol