• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Get better Tank / Marcus

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If these guys get back to full health, this could be one of the best draft classes the Niners have ever had.

If Tank never got hurt, I might've had him as my 2nd DE in the entire draft behind Anzah. I think he's a better pass rusher than Dion JOrdan & Barkevious Mingo; if he gets strong enough to dominate against the run, he'll be a rare pass-rushing RDE type. He already has the good hand useage & technique with his leverage to play the run well IMO.

I'm honestly not optmimistic Lattimore will ever be the dynamo he was in college, but even if his career matches Willis McGahee's, it was still a great pick.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurst, Gore, Lattimore...we have the same doctors as the million dollar man...he will beast.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those two picks have huge upside. I'm really pulling for Lattimore. If he can stay healthy at minimum he'll take over for Dixon as our short down back. I could see him just going nuts in this offense though if he gets healthy.

The one issue that we'll have if he takes over for Gore as our primary back is we'll really want another viable bigger back option for insurance. So Dixon could stick around like a cockroach.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Those two picks have huge upside. I'm really pulling for Lattimore. If he can stay healthy at minimum he'll take over for Dixon as our short down back. I could see him just going nuts in this offense though if he gets healthy.

The one issue that we'll have if he takes over for Gore as our primary back is we'll really want another viable bigger back option for insurance. So Dixon could stick around like a cockroach.

I would be okay with a rotational backfield of Hunter and James in 2015 (hypothetically) if Lattimore gets injured. I think Hunter is more than capable of running the "traditional" plays between the tackles as well as getting outside, and James is obviously a weapon outside the tackles (and can be effective between them, you just have to limit carries to guard against injury). If between the two of them they average ~27 carries per game I think we'd be fine.

THat being said, if we are truly moving on from Gore next year, I could see a mid to late round pick on a bigger RB.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Harbs wants him to sit the season out. Gives us the chance to see what Hampton can do.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with a rotational backfield of Hunter and James in 2015 (hypothetically) if Lattimore gets injured. I think Hunter is more than capable of running the "traditional" plays between the tackles as well as getting outside, and James is obviously a weapon outside the tackles (and can be effective between them, you just have to limit carries to guard against injury). If between the two of them they average ~27 carries per game I think we'd be fine.

THat being said, if we are truly moving on from Gore next year, I could see a mid to late round pick on a bigger RB.

What should we expect out of Hunter? Isn't it hard to be the same after tearing your Achilles tendon?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Peterson come back from an ACL injury to nearly break the record, and watching Gore shred teams for several years now on 2 repaired knee's I have no doubt Lattimore will be fine.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe we got Lattimore. We as fans can always speculate and this is one speculation that came to fruitition that shocks the hell out of me lol...

WE HONESTLY GOT LATTIMORE... wow! sit him, let him heal/recover... then boom....great situation for us too...and him hopefully...

Tank should be good and I want this guy to be aggressive towards the coaches about gettig big snaps.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After watching Peterson come back from an ACL injury to nearly break the record, and watching Gore shred teams for several years now on 2 repaired knee's I have no doubt Lattimore will be fine.

This is the 2nd time in the past 2 days you had made this comment. Stop saying that. Not even a medical doctor can make that claim for certain. Two different types of injuries, two different type of genes/human being, two different types of rehab, etc. A lot goes into it than just simply saying AP did it so this kid will do the same.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A couple of years ago I would've said Lattimore wouldn't come back close to what he was but seeing guys with knee injuries that would've been career killers come back basically just as strong it gives me optimism that Lattimore can come back strong as well.

In favor of stashing him on the IR this season as well. We focus on his latest injury but he had a bad one the year before as well so I believe giving him a full year with NFL strength and conditioning coaches and rehabilitation could be a huge boost to him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't believe we got Lattimore. We as fans can always speculate and this is one speculation that came to fruitition that shocks the hell out of me lol...

WE HONESTLY GOT LATTIMORE... wow! sit him, let him heal/recover... then boom....great situation for us too...and him hopefully...

Tank should be good and I want this guy to be aggressive towards the coaches about gettig big snaps.

I honestly want Tank to sit out as well until week 8 at the earliest. I don't want to rush none of these guys man. I wouldn't be surprise if Dial gets more snaps than Tank in year one. Highly unlikely but I don't doubt it. The players that needs to produce right away are Vance and Eric. Everyone else will not see the field in 2013.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is the 2nd time in the past 2 days you had made this comment. Stop saying that. Not even a medical doctor can make that claim for certain. Two different types of injuries, two different type of genes/human being, two different types of rehab, etc. A lot goes into it than just simply saying AP did it so this kid will do the same.

I agree that he might not bounce back like AP but almost all of these guys are genetically gifted. It's the reason why they are in the NFL and we're not even if we put in the same exact work.

I think his running style helps as well since he doesn't need to be a shifty plant your foot and juke kind of back but a lower your pads and power your way through holes.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I honestly want Tank to sit out as well until week 8 at the earliest. I don't want to rush none of these guys man. I wouldn't be surprise if Dial gets more snaps than Tank in year one. Highly unlikely but I don't doubt it. The players that needs to produce right away are Vance and Eric. Everyone else will not see the field in 2013.

I follow this sentiment as well.

I don't want to see him on the IR unless the knee dictates it but I think the PUP is a must.

As a DL I do want him to get some snaps just because of the position is one where in game experience is valuable but I would rather those come at the end of the season if possible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree on being patient with all injured players.

also agree Reid will be counted on THIS season, and to some extent McDonald. but this season, doubt we use Vance nearly the amount we used Walker?

even if Tank is out, this Lemonier guy looks intriguing? he just might be that situational pass rusher THIS season?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should we expect out of Hunter? Isn't it hard to be the same after tearing your Achilles tendon?

What was the severity of his Achilles injury? I know Dan Marino completely tore his and he went from a statue to a 300 year old tree planted in the pocket. Terrell Suggs on the other hand only partially tore his Achilles and was back after 5 months, well back on the field but not as disruptive as he used to be.

The one good thing Hunter has going for him is that he wasn't a starter so he won't be rushed back like Marino or Suggs, and if Gore and LMJ can stay healthy the 49ers don't *need* Hunter by opening day. I think Suggs and Marino were only at 80% when they rushed back, and the 49ers kind of have the luxury of waiting until Hunter is 100%. Plus with Kaepernick as a "3rd RB", that also puts less pressure on getting Hunter back as soon as possible.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's Dial?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our 5th round pick. Quinton Dial, DL from 'Bama.

after reading his bio, think he'll be on the PS at best? just not enough game experience PLUS, having Dorsey and Ian.

then there's still our past back-ups to beat out, Tukuafu and Dobbs.