• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gerald McCoy signs a 7 year 98 million dollar deal

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know McCoys personality or character, so I cant say if he'd become complacent or not.

But I do know, out of any position, Defensive Tackle has by far the worst reputation for players becoming lazy. And one thing I feel confident in is that Suh isn't one of those guys. I would have no worries about Suh falling off the map once he got a huge contract.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know McCoys personality or character, so I cant say if he'd become complacent or not.

But I do know, out of any position, Defensive Tackle has by far the worst reputation for players becoming lazy. And one thing I feel confident in is that Suh isn't one of those guys. I would have no worries about Suh falling off the map once he got a huge contract.

Yeah. He didn't exactly fall off the map after his first huge contract.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmmkay. If you want to gather your insight from people whose main job is garnering hits on a website instead of watching and forming your own opinions, have at it.

Ok -- since you watched and formed your own opinion -- How many games have you watched TB play in the last two years to form your unbiased opinion? I'd be willing to wager you have watched the exact same amount of games as I have -- One. Because they played the Lions.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. The only TB game I've watched is when they played the Lions. I'm also not the person who made the statement -- McCoy couldn't hold Suh's jock though.

I do read up on the vast majority of teams and players before the season starts, as I feel it helps me in my fantasy leagues and also it makes the game more enjoyable when watching if you know about teams strengths and weaknesses.

That being said -- Every major publication I read had McCoy rated as the #1 DT coming into the season, including the NFL's own site -- MCoy was rated #28 overall in the top 100, with Suh was rated 40th overall in the top 100. They were #1 and #2 at their position. Everything I read had them rated that way.

Would I personally trade Suh for McCoy? No -- Suh is my favorite player on the Lions and I wouldn't trade him for any other DT if he would re-sign.

I am curious as to where the Lions defense was ranked preseason? Sure not top5 so all it is is a opinion.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious as to where the Lions defense was ranked preseason? Sure not top5 so all it is is a opinion.

OK -- disregard the preseason ranking, as I agree, it is nothing more than opinion (though pretty much everyone had the same opinion). PFF had McCoy rated as the #1 DT at the end of last season, once all the games were played.

Personally -- If you asked me if I would trade Suh for McCoy -- I'd so absolute not. I wouldn't trade Suh for any DT, as I love having him on the team and he is my favorite player. I don't have an issue if Suh, Atkins, McCoy or anyone else is ranked #1 -- all of them are at the top of their position.

Only reason I brought up where others had them ranked coming into the season was to show Truth how ridiculous his comment was.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok -- since you watched and formed your own opinion -- How many games have you watched TB play in the last two years to form your unbiased opinion? I'd be willing to wager you have watched the exact same amount of games as I have -- One. Because they played the Lions.

You don't get NFL replay?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK -- disregard the preseason ranking, as I agree, it is nothing more than opinion (though pretty much everyone had the same opinion). PFF had McCoy rated as the #1 DT at the end of last season, once all the games were played.

Personally -- If you asked me if I would trade Suh for McCoy -- I'd so absolute not. I wouldn't trade Suh for any DT, as I love having him on the team and he is my favorite player. I don't have an issue if Suh, Atkins, McCoy or anyone else is ranked #1 -- all of them are at the top of their position.

Only reason I brought up where others had them ranked coming into the season was to show Truth how ridiculous his comment was.

You'll have to excuse me. I lost my fantasy football game last week. So as a result, my football IQ took a hit.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to excuse me. I lost my fantasy football game last week. So as a result, my football IQ took a hit.

One Lions board league I'm undefeated. Another 10th out of 12. I am just a average fucker I suppose.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Lions board league I'm undefeated. Another 10th out of 12. I am just a average fucker I suppose.

One question. Are you running the league that you're undefeated in? It's a 'yes' or 'no' question.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro and Smitty have commish rights so I can't do no funny shit.

I added Micro because I do stupid shit and he fixes it. He was a great choice. Smitty is a silent partner.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get NFL replay?

Since you haven't answered my question -- I'm going to guess I was correct. You have watched as many TB games as I have in the last two years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assumption of correctness is cool. This might be why my wife is always right, I never answer the question.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't trying to say that McCoy would be complacent or stop working hard. My point really was that he disappears and I was just making a correct guess that after that big ass contract his very next game he would be a nonfactor. You'll see him some games affecting every play and other games where he just gets shut down. Of course there are games where Suh may not show up as much on the stat sheet but he's pretty much always affecting the game. I just don't see that with McCoy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you haven't answered my question -- I'm going to guess I was correct. You have watched as many TB games as I have in the last two years.

Do you know what TB stands for prior to Bishop?

I'll give you two guesses. And don't make one of 'em Terry Bradshaw.