• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gerald McCoy signs a 7 year 98 million dollar deal

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell you will debate anybody to prove your right.

I don't even see it as a debate. I'm not arguing one is better than the other, just that it is ridiculous to say either player couldn't hold either players jock. While they have different styles in the way they play, they were the top 2 DT's last year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even see it as a debate. I'm not arguing one is better than the other, just that it is ridiculous to say either player couldn't hold either players jock. While they have different styles in the way they play, they were the top 2 DT's last year.

This was in reference to me seeing TB play. I am glad you are trying to convince me I haven't seen them because I'm not in DC.

The McCoy issue, you can keep the good fight going yourself.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guilty many times off fanning flames. Just not here.

I also work all over southern region. Amazing how them train tracks go coast to coast. Hell you will debate anybody to prove your right.

I spend a fair share of time in the southern region as well.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question is what does the muzzer stand for after the the.........It's long and everyone gets 100 guesses.

Definitely not your dick, soooo the school bus you wish you drove or the unemployment line in TN?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP may be willing to argue with a blind man, but I'm not. If TP died and went to heaven, he'd argue with God. He can't help it. It's his nature.

Old Lion and I are at opposite poles on the DT vs. CB debate, but I'll tell you a couple of things about Old Lion.

(1) He doesn't come at me with what some salesman selling hits on a website says, to support his position. And he doesn't come at me with ridiculous fantasy stats. It's his opinion. He owns it. You don't own anything.

(2) Aside from our seemingly one disagreement, he adds a lot of insight to discussions. He watches the games without trying to see something to support his position.

You say the same things over and over and over ad nauseum. You rarely say anything that isn't backed up with 'stats'. The only stat in football that ever makes any sense is the final score.

Watch Suh, and watch McCoy. It really isn't necessary to break down reams of game film. See which way the lines are moving. Try to count how many times Suh is pushed backward. Have you got to 1 yet?

If you're too jaded, or if you still believe football can be quantified, then no one can help you. I'm done. I'm not TP.

Not to mention old lion doesnt resort to personal attacks if he disagrees with you (afaik).

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately -- I've never watched an episode of that show. I'm not even sure what channel it is on, but wish I had. I saw a pretty crazy story about the mom the other day.

She used to date a guy back in the day. I guess her oldest daughter was 8 at the time and the guy forced the 8 year old to give him oral sex. The guy was sentenced to 10 years in prison and was just released. Instead of running for the hills from the guy -- she bought him a car and is helping buy him a house and brought him around her other kids and they are reporting the two are dating now. Whoever was airing the show cancelled it after the reports came out. That mom has to have a screw loose.

I saw that story as well. We live in a sad world when these types of scumbags are television stars.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you have a problem if Suh got more money?

Not at all -- I said to give him 14,000,001 a year. He can say he is still the highest paid DT. Do I think he deserves to be paid along the lines of JJ Watt's contract? Absolutely not. If he wants to be paid like Watt -- he should produce like Watt, which he hasn't.

IMO -- what McCoy signed for is the absolute top of the market value for a DT. I'd offer Suh 1 million more total than what McCoy signed for over the same 7 years. So Suh would make roughly 140k more per year than McCoy.

I love Suh, but to me, no DT is worth the amount elite DE's are making, and nobody in the NFL should make more than Watt on the defensive side of the ball. As good as Suh is -- Watt is on a completely different level than pretty much every DL right now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that story as well. We live in a sad world when these types of scumbags are television stars.

I've never seen the show -- what is it even about? I don't want to sound like a dick, but the picture of the family and some of their names -- they look like a backwoods family living in a trailer park.

Honey Boo Boo. Mama June, Sugar Bear.

I wish I could watch an episode now -- it is probably pretty entertaining. Probably goes back to that train wreck comment, where everyone can't help but watch.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is much better than mccoy though, if the lions offered him that he might find it disrespectful. I still believe thats why hanson retired. Anyhow I dont think it matters, I believe the only way suh stays in Detroit is if they finish the year with a top five defense and win at least one playoff game.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen the show -- what is it even about? I don't want to sound like a dick, but the picture of the family and some of their names -- they look like a backwoods family living in a trailer park.

I wish I could watch an episode now -- it is probably pretty entertaining. Probably goes back to that train wreck comment, where everyone can't help but watch.

Have no clue, have never watched it. Probably similar to trailer park boys but actual reality.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About 2 minutes at a time is more than enough. They are so simple they can't speak any language at all. The show puts in subtitles so you can translate their mumbling into English.

There is own show where they all go to Shh! It's a Wig. to beautify themselves and that was pretty funny. Just the name of the store, that is.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mccoy got 14/yr Suh should be looking at around 12/yr.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is much better than mccoy though, if the lions offered him that he might find it disrespectful. I still believe thats why hanson retired. Anyhow I dont think it matters, I believe the only way suh stays in Detroit is if they finish the year with a top five defense and WIN at least one playoff game.

This is where we are at an impasse. Suh was much better than McCoy in year's 1 and 2. No question about it, not even close. Last two years (not including this year so far) -- McCoy has been the more productive player and I know people hate hearing it, but McCoy was rated as the #1 DT at the end of last year.

If the next contract is based on all the previous years work as a whole -- I'd say Suh was much better than McCoy. If the next contract is based on what you expect going forward -- how would offering him 14 million be disrespectful? JJ Watt just signed for like 16.7 million a year.