• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GEORGIA Defense

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't use that excuse. FSU fans already claimed that one as an excuse for being dominated in the Natty by a team that wone 6 games by a TD or less and needed multiple miracles to even make that "championship game." What a way to end the BCS era. Two of the most overrated teams in the history of the system playing for "it all."

Wait!! What?!? Didn't FSU win that game? :scratch:

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how stupid the bold is? They were not claims by FSU fans. The FSU players specifically Kelvin Benjamin and Rashad Greene told Jimbo about it. Auburn did a good job in using FSU's QB COACH from the previous years. His name is Dameyune Craig. He is Auburn's Co-OC and WR coach. If you knew who he was and noticed that he sat right beside Ellis Johnson when Auburn was on Defense in the first half. Then when Jimbo brought out the towels to block his signal calls look what FSU did offensively. Malzahn did a great job in using Coach Craig to help his team.

TO claim dominance just shows your blind conference homerism and coattail riding. When UGA does something of note come back and talk to us.
It was a joke... Indirect trolling at it's best, I imagine?:whistle:

Also, about the blindness conference riding horseshit you speak of? FUCK THE SEC!! Especially Auburn. I was pulling for FSU in that game and with all due respect, you were losing the entire game until the last play against the most overrated SEC "Champion" in the BCS era. Congratulations!

As for your obvious deflection and troll attempt, I'll bite. I hope to see you soon... Don't slip up though, you will have to win them all in that league to get in. Good luck, my friend! :suds:

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait!! What?!? Didn't FSU win that game? :scratch:
Yep. They were losing the entire game until the last play, however. Completely struggled all night against a severly overrated Auburn team. Starting to sound like a broken record, but just to voice my opinion again, Auburn won 6 games by a TD or less and needed numerous miracles to get in that game. They were, without a doubt, the most overrated SEC Champion in the BCS era. Glad that's behind us... It's a new season!:suds:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the best UGA has looked in a long time.

But the game still left me with some worries.

Mostly, at some point we will need a passing game. Mason didn't do anything to hurt the team passing the ball, but at the same time he didn't complete many passes more than 5 yards down the field.

And limiting Gurley in the first half paid off big time in the second half, that won't be an option all season. This was the first game of the season he should be fresh.

If we make the SEC CG, we need Gurley for 4 quarters.

But the defense looked great.

But I do question Clemson's play calling a bit. They were finding success in the first half with the deep ball, but then seemed to abandon it completely in the second half.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly, at some point we will need a passing game. Mason didn't do anything to hurt the team passing the ball, but at the same time he didn't complete many passes more than 5 yards down the field.

And limiting Gurley in the first half paid off big time in the second half, that won't be an option all season. This was the first game of the season he should be fresh.

But I do question Clemson's play calling a bit. They were finding success in the first half with the deep ball, but then seemed to abandon it completely in the second half.

I don't have a problem with how they handled Mason...let him get comfortable running the offense in game situations and gradually let him open up. You can get away with that when you have a great run game.

I agree the D looked great...in the 2nd half. I am concerned with the secondary. I don't know if Clemson abandoned the deep ball or if we made adjustments and pressured the QB to the point that they couldn't get it off.

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what your saying about Mason and his passing, but you have to understand the game-plan in this contest. We planned this game out perfectly. It was nerve racking to see Gurley with only 4 carries in the first half, but that's what CMR and Bobo wanted. They wanted to keep him fresh and then unleash him in the second half. It worked...

Alabama has won multiple Championships riding game-managers through the SEC. I'm down for riding these 4 studs into Atlanta and see what happens. Another point is that Mason played in a quick release system and we have the WO's that can put up some massive YAC numbers, but were without 2 of them Saturday night. Run the ball, and get the ball into the play-makers hands as quick as possible. We don't need a 3,000 yard season from Mason to win this league. Far too much talent all around him to make him prove he is an NFL passer.

They abandoned the deep ball because we made adjustments at the half and put their QB on his ass. We were able to get pressure and you can't be successful with what little time we gave him to pass. If you watch the game again, they called multiple deep pass plays, but he just wasn't given the time for the routes to develop. Boise State was able to ruin us a few years ago with quick passes in the flat and quick slants. I don't see any concern. Especially being down our two top WR's in this game.

I don't have a problem with how they handled Mason...let him get comfortable running the offense in game situations and gradually let him open up. You can get away with that when you have a great run game.

I agree the D looked great...in the 2nd half. I am concerned with the secondary. I don't know if Clemson abandoned the deep ball or if we made adjustments and pressured the QB to the point that they couldn't get it off.
Agree.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke... Indirect trolling at it's best, I imagine?:whistle:

Also, about the blindness conference riding horseshit you speak of? FUCK THE SEC!! Especially Auburn. I was pulling for FSU in that game and with all due respect, you were losing the entire game until the last play against the most overrated SEC "Champion" in the BCS era. Congratulations!

As for your obvious deflection and troll attempt, I'll bite. I hope to see you soon... Don't slip up though, you will have to win them all in that league to get in. Good luck, my friend! :suds:

Losing the entire game. Correct me if I am wrong, but there were 3 lead changes in the game. All in the 4th quarter. Then there was I do not know that FSU scored first. So your premise that they were losing the ENTIRE game up until the last offensive series is incorrect.

You claim it was a joke and a little trolling...ok. Mine was not trolling. UGA has not done a thing since 1980. Just a fact of life.

But good luck to your team too. If Gurley goes down(which I would not want to see) UGA is screwed.

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing the entire game. Correct me if I am wrong, but there were 3 lead changes in the game. All in the 4th quarter. Then there was I do not know that FSU scored first. So your premise that they were losing the ENTIRE game up until the last offensive series is incorrect.

You claim it was a joke and a little trolling...ok. Mine was not trolling. UGA has not done a thing since 1980. Just a fact of life.

But good luck to your team too. If Gurley goes down(which I would not want to see) UGA is screwed.
Forgive me then. I don't remember there being that many lead changes that night. It was 2-20 with 5 minutes left in the game. You then got the 100 yard kick off return to take the lead. Thank God for that, right? Thankfully, you landed that huge 2 yard touchdown pass with 13 seconds left in the game to win it.

Correct. Georgia doesn't reap the benefits of playing in the ACC. Another fact in life.

Thanks for the good wishes. However, if Gurley goes down, we are anything but screwed. We still have 3 of the top backs in the Nation recruited and on the field in week one with impressive performances. Georgia will be just fine. Thanks for hoping Todd Gurley doesn't go down though.

Again. I hope we see you soon...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me then. I don't remember there being that many lead changes that night. It was 2-20 with 5 minutes left in the game. You then got the 100 yard kick off return to take the lead. Thank God for that, right? Thankfully, you landed that huge 2 yard touchdown pass with 13 seconds left in the game to win it.

Correct. Georgia doesn't reap the benefits of playing in the ACC. Another fact in life.

Thanks for the good wishes. However, if Gurley goes down, we are anything but screwed. We still have 3 of the top backs in the Nation recruited and on the field in week one with impressive performances. Georgia will be just fine. Thanks for hoping Todd Gurley doesn't go down though.

Again. I hope we see you soon...

Gurley is uga's best shot. You and I both know that. Especially with the new QB. I don't take stars on recruits seriously. Been too many busts at all schools to go by those. Gurley has proven himself to be a monster.

And yes there were that many, but that is ok if you do not remember. As far as the ACC crack FSU was competing for NCs before going to the ACC. When they were an independent. Starting in 1985. So there goes that. Remember Wide right 1?

It would be funny to run into another FSU coach in a NC playoff game. At least he would not know the play calls or alignments. :lol:

GEORGIA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley is uga's best shot. You and I both know that. Especially with the new QB. I don't take stars on recruits seriously. Been too many busts at all schools to go by those. Gurley has proven himself to be a monster.

And yes there were that many, but that is ok if you do not remember. As far as the ACC crack FSU was competing for NCs before going to the ACC. When they were an independent. Starting in 1985. So there goes that. Remember Wide right 1?

It would be funny to run into another FSU coach in a NC playoff game. At least he would not know the play calls or alignments. :lol:
I don't take stars seriously either. We see eye to eye there. I do, however, see talent in both of these guys on the field at the college level against a ranked opponent. Losing Gurley would be terrible, but we are capable with the other 3.

We have a ton of talent all around Mason and he did what he had to do against a talented Clemson defense.

Georgia competed for Championships in the BCS era so, not really sure what your point was about FSU and their independent era. We, just like FSU in the mid 80's, didn't get that lucky break.

Oh, look! Another FSU fan using the stolen plays excuse, lol.:lol:

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator: