• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it funny how he mentions the OSU opponents at their peak ranking, whether that's when they played them or not. But Georgia playing three top-11 teams at the time they played and another at #18 doesn't count. I understand the rankings at the time they play isn't always the fairest, but only counting them where they ended up ranked isn't the fairest either. It's somewhere in-between. But either way he has to be consistent. Either count both team's schedule at the time they played the opponents or both team's schedule with their current ranks. Not a combination of that that only fits the pro-OSU narrative.

Of course using the end of season rankings is the fairest.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course using the end of season rankings is the fairest.
It is absolutely more fair. But it shouldn't be the ONLY thing that matters. A team could legitimately have changed some from the time a team played them earlier to the end of the year. I guess I mis-worded it in my original post. I just meant it shouldn't be all that matters.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely more fair. But it shouldn't be the ONLY thing that matters. A team could legitimately have changed some from the time a team played them
earlier to the end of the year. I guess I mis-worded it in my original post. I just meant it shouldn't be all that matters.

What you are describing are exception-based scenarios. I think we agree that the norm should be to use end-of-season rankings.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are describing are exception-based scenarios. I think we agree that the norm should be to use end-of-season rankings.
Again, I agree that that should be more of the standard. But again it should definitely not be the only thing. But my main original point is how he was using the peak-rankings for OSU's opponents (not when they played them or their current rankings), but for Georgia's opponents he was only counting current rankings. Whichever method you wanna use, ya have to use the same metric for both teams at least. Not one metric for one team and another metric for another team just to make it seem more lopsided in one team's favor.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I agree that that should be more of the standard. But again it should definitely not be the only thing. But my main original point is how he was using the peak-rankings for OSU's opponents (not when they played them or their current rankings), but for Georgia's opponents he was only counting current rankings. Whichever method you wanna use, ya have to use the same metric for both teams at least. Not one metric for one team and another metric for another team just to make it seem more lopsided in one team's favor.

Honestly, anyone who tries to claim gameday rankings as a method of judging teams is a dunce and should be publicly ridiculed.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. easy to do with teams of this caliber.......

Clemson - #37
UAB - #66
South Carolina - #68
Vanderbilt - #119
Arkansas - #26
Auburn - #17 (yay a ranked team!!!)
Kentucky - #35
Florida - #64
Missouri - #87
yet to play........
Tennessee - #34
Charleston Southern - FCS ( :L) But I'll throw them in at 140
Georgia Tech - #80

If it's easy to do, then why isn't everyone doing it?

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. easy to do with teams of this caliber.......

Using CBS Sports

Minny #47
Oregon #5 big L
Tusla #91
Akron #125
Rutgers #67
Maryland #62
Indiana #100
PSU #28 Best win so far
Neb #64
Purdue #31 a team made fun of by Rudy
Msu #7 will change
UM #6 will change

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since day one of this season, Georgia has been slobbered over every week. Every week, no one really dives into them other than the usual.......... "they have a great defense"........ but lately hearing that do they have the right QB running the show............ but has anyone even looked at the schedule? GMAFB......

Here are the current, as of 11/9, rankings of every opponent.........

Clemson - #37
UAB - #66
South Carolina - #68
Vanderbilt - #119
Arkansas - #26
Auburn - #17 (yay a ranked team!!!)
Kentucky - #35
Florida - #64
Missouri - #87
yet to play........
Tennessee - #34
Charleston Southern - FCS ( :L) But I'll throw them in at 140
Georgia Tech - #80

Average rank - #64

Have they really been tested?
Anyone else anxious to see them play a couple in the top 10???
I always defend ND as playing schedules that always look difficult 3,4, or 5 years in advance. The have no control over the quality of the schedule when in the year that it is played. Georgia can only play the games on their schedule. Generally you would expect Auburn, and Florida to be tough, and usually one or two of the other 6 SEC East teams have a decent year. Out of conference they get kudos for scheduling Clemson. Most teams play a group of five, and they always play Georgia Tech. Points off for Charleston Southern though, that is embarrassing.
My gripe is with Alabama being # 2 with a loss to a 3 loss team on its resume. And they have their own answer to Charleston Southern in Mercer.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always defend ND as playing schedules that always look difficult 3,4, or 5 years in advance. The have no control over the quality of the schedule when in the year that it is played. Georgia can only play the games on their schedule. Generally you would expect Auburn, and Florida to be tough, and usually one or two of the other 6 SEC East teams have a decent year. Out of conference they get kudos for scheduling Clemson. Most teams play a group of five, and they always play Georgia Tech. Points off for Charleston Southern though, that is embarrassing.
My gripe is with Alabama being # 2 with a loss to a 3 loss team on its resume. And they have their own answer to Charleston Southern in Mercer.
one point at a time.

- ND, have respected the program in the past, but get tired of the special treatment they get. exclusive TV contract? sorry. total BS. Ncaa shouldn't allow that. Their schedule is always middle of the road imo, with 1 or 2 possible big games. many of their traditional games hurt them. USC.......
-GA. yes, but I'm tired of the cop out line "have no control over schedule/what more can they do".... they suffer from clem and FLA being shit this year....... sorry. Big deal about GT. They aren't a big deal. yes. the Charleston Southern is embarrassing, and shouldnn't even count in Sagarin.
- no, bama should not be 2. Oregon and OSU should be above them. and yes, they should suffer FCS embarrassment.......
-
-

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one point at a time.

- ND, have respected the program in the past, but get tired of the special treatment they get. exclusive TV contract? sorry. total BS. Ncaa shouldn't allow that. Their schedule is always middle of the road imo, with 1 or 2 possible big games. many of their traditional games hurt them. USC.......
-GA. yes, but I'm tired of the cop out line "have no control over schedule/what more can they do".... they suffer from clem and FLA being shit this year....... sorry. Big deal about GT. They aren't a big deal. yes. the Charleston Southern is embarrassing, and shouldnn't even count in Sagarin.
- no, bama should not be 2. Oregon and OSU should be above them. and yes, they should suffer FCS embarrassment.......
-
-
A comment about the TV contract. No team attracts as much national attention as Notre Dame. Some in favor and some against but still effectively the biggest national audience of any school. The contract will end when people stop watching. Until then?
Basically, every other school is regional until the playoff and bowl games.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a reason UGA is playing Charleston Southern this year. The scheduled OOC P5 had to cancel due to a stupid agreement with another P5 conference back in 2012 or 2013. And that said agreement was not feasible. Can you guess the team?

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a reason UGA is playing Charleston Southern this year. The scheduled OOC P5 had to cancel due to a stupid agreement with another P5 conference back in 2012 or 2013. And that said agreement was not feasible. Can you guess the team?
I did notice that the SEC has once again gone undefeated against FCS teams. They should take a bow.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let's talk about Georgia. Name another undefeated P5 team. Georgia is the only one. Georgia is one of the teams that hasn't shit the bed against inferior competition. Not like Oregon's loss to Stanford, not like Oklahoma's first half vs. Kansas, not like the 14 point rally that the Spartans shocked the Wolverines with late in the game... Well, you get the idea. The Bulldogs have shut out two teams and allowed single digit points four times in 10 games. So far this season, Georgia has faced one team with a below 0.500 record. Notre Dame can't say that nor Michigan, nor Ohio State, nor Oklahoma, nor Wake Forest. Until the last week or two, who had Michigan beaten, who had Michigan State beaten? Who had Oklahoma beaten? Bottom line, you are the only undefeated team in a P5 conference especially the SEC, you have taken care of business like a gangbuster against all the competition especially when they are all above 0.500 minus one, that pretty much speaks for itself.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. ^.

I think they are a good team. Chill your ovaries.

Have they faced a top 10 team yet? Top 5? We’ll see. It’s coming

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Oregon does not come back.
New Playoff standings:
Georgia
2 /3Ohio State
2/3 Alabama
Cincinnati
Michigan
Notre Dame

No bigger Georgia Fan than Notre Dame. Second best ND chance is a Wisconsin or Minnesota upset in the Big Ten Championship.
Maybe Michigan jumps Cincinnati, but in any case, either Michigan or Ohio State drops out next week.
I don't think a 2-loss team will get in over a 1-loss Notre Dame.
Tomorrow, Notre Dame will have the "best loss" of any team in the country and that actually includes Alabama.