• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since day one of this season, Georgia has been slobbered over every week. Every week, no one really dives into them other than the usual.......... "they have a great defense"........ but lately hearing that do they have the right QB running the show............ but has anyone even looked at the schedule? GMAFB......

Here are the current, as of 11/9, rankings of every opponent.........

Clemson - #37
UAB - #66
South Carolina - #68
Vanderbilt - #119
Arkansas - #26
Auburn - #17 (yay a ranked team!!!)
Kentucky - #35
Florida - #64
Missouri - #87
yet to play........
Tennessee - #34
Charleston Southern - FCS ( :L) But I'll throw them in at 140
Georgia Tech - #80

Average rank - #64

Have they really been tested?
Anyone else anxious to see them play a couple in the top 10???

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro - Their defense is orders of magnitude better than any other defense in the country. And their SOS is 20+ spots higher than Ohio States.

They haven't been tested because there are only 2 or 3 teams even remotely close to their talent level.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro - Their defense is orders of magnitude better than any other defense in the country. And their SOS is 20+ spots higher than Ohio States.

They haven't been tested because there are only 2 or 3 teams even remotely close to their talent level.
ok. I wasn't isolating the comparison with only OSU.

what I posted is true. I guess I'm not so quick to send them to sainthood of CFB.......... their schedule is suspect as hell.......... While most teams are playing a grueling 3 game stretch to finish their season............ OSU (#25,#7, #9)

They play #34, an FCS, and #80.............. pardon me while I :dhd::pound:.........

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. I wasn't isolating the comparison with only OSU.

what I posted is true. I guess I'm not so quick to send them to sainthood of CFB.......... their schedule is suspect as hell.......... While most teams are playing a grueling 3 game stretch to finish their season............ OSU (#25,#7, #9)

They play #34, an FCS, and #80.............. pardon me while I :dhd::pound:.........
While I can admit their schedule hasn't exactly been brutal, there are still a lot of solid, albeit not great, teams on that schedule. And perhaps more importantly, I don't think any of the assumed top teams in the country has played a very difficult schedule up to this point and yet most of them are still struggling to win their games and/or not even winning all of their games. At least Georgia is consistently dominating their games and not having close calls like a lot of the other teams. Being a Georgia fan I've had hope way too many times in the past to just assume they're gonna win a championship this year, but I do believe they are easily the best team in the nation right now. Also you failed to mention that they will (likely) be playing the #2 team in the country down the stretch as well in addition to the other teams.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can admit their schedule hasn't exactly been brutal, there are still a lot of solid, albeit not great, teams on that schedule. And perhaps more importantly, I don't think any of the assumed top teams in the country has played a very difficult schedule up to this point and yet most of them are still struggling to win their games and/or not even winning all of their games. At least Georgia is consistently dominating their games and not having close calls like a lot of the other teams. Being a Georgia fan I've had hope way too many times in the past to just assume they're gonna win a championship this year, but I do believe they are easily the best team in the nation right now. Also you failed to mention that they will (likely) be playing the #2 team in the country down the stretch as well in addition to the other teams.

Don't get me wrong, I think GA is a very good team. but I thought I'd have a closer look at their schedule. it is shockingly weak. I hear no one bringing that up.

I think we are seeing an interesting year in CFB. Could part of it be much better parity? I think there are some very good and dangerous teams that are 7-2,6-3...... Nebraska is a much better team than their record shows. I think PSU is still a good team.

GA is hurt by Florida being a shit show this year, Auburn being average. But they sidestep many good teams in the regular season, A&M, bama.

Yes. in the SEC CCG, they will face a good team, probably bama. Then let's assume they are #1 in the playoffs, will face two more good teams. Those three games will really tell the true story. So far an average Auburn has been the best.........

But look at what OSU is going to face the next 3 weeks. Purdue will enter the rankings at maybe 20-22 tonight, then play two top ten teams...... tough has hell.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA has allowed 56 points in 9 games. That's historically good, considering how far ahead CFB offenses usually are these days. Couple of their DL's are freaks and 1st-rounders.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA has allowed 56 points in 9 games. That's historically good, considering how far ahead CFB offenses usually are these days. Couple of their DL's are freaks and 1st-rounders.
yep. easy to do with teams of this caliber.......

Clemson - #37
UAB - #66
South Carolina - #68
Vanderbilt - #119
Arkansas - #26
Kentucky - #35
Florida - #64
Missouri - #87
yet to play........
Tennessee - #34
Georgia Tech - #80

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Mike........

Not sure what you are facepalming......... I knew I'd be attacked for looking up this information that I've posted.

Still think GA is a great team. but come on, look at the competition they've faced.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Mike........

Not sure what you are facepalming......... I knew I'd be attacked for looking up this information that I've posted.

Still think GA is a great team. but come on, look at the competition they've faced.
I'm facepalming the fact that you said it's easy to do against that schedule. First of all, that's insinuating the schedule is way worse than it is. Again, it might not be brutal, but it isn't half as bad as you're acting like it is either. But also, in today's day and age of offense, offense, and more offense, giving up 56 points in 9 games is dang-near impossible against any schedule. So no, it is not easy to do against their schedule or any other one.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm facepalming the fact that you said it's easy to do against that schedule. First of all, that's insinuating the schedule is way worse than it is. Again, it might not be brutal, but it isn't half as bad as you're acting like it is either. But also, in today's day and age of offense, offense, and more offense, giving up 56 points in 9 games is dang-near impossible against any schedule. So no, it is not easy to do against their schedule or any other one.
I just looked up the current rankings of all OSU's opponents. Avg. works out to be 49.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson - #37
UAB - #66
South Carolina - #68
Vanderbilt - #119
Arkansas - #26
Kentucky - #35
Florida - #64
Missouri - #87
yet to play........
Tennessee - #34
Georgia Tech - #80
Easy to do? LMFAO. Go home old man, you're drunk.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll wager 10,000 Vcash that UGA wins the National Championship. Any takers? You can have the field I’ll take UGA.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson - #37
UAB - #66
South Carolina - #68
Vanderbilt - #119
Arkansas - #26
Kentucky - #35
Florida - #64
Missouri - #87
yet to play........
Tennessee - #34
Georgia Tech - #80
First column is season averages for points and yards, 2nd is against UGA.

Clemson 22/330 .... 3/180
UAB ...... 28/385, ... 7/174
USC .......23/342 .... 13/296
Vandy .... 15/301 .... 0/77
Arky: ..... 32/457 ..... 0/162
Aub: ...... 31/427 ..... 10/318
UK ........ 28/394, .... 10/243
UF .........29/467, .... 7/355
Mizzou: ..31/433 ...... 6/273

Yardage AND points down in every game. They were averaging 392 yds/g, and 230 yds/g against Dawgs, 41% drop. They were averaging around 27 points a game overall, 6 and change against UGA, that's a drop of 78%. It's crazy.

As far as SoS goes, there are no easy schedules in the SEC, because you're playing against SEC teams. It's big-boy football more-or-less every week. I thought this was well-known. And the teams beat up on each other, so you'll see decent-to-good teams with a handful of losses.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First column is season averages for points and yards, 2nd is against UGA.

Clemson 22/330 .... 3/180
UAB ...... 28/385, ... 7/174
USC .......23/342 .... 13/296
Vandy .... 15/301 .... 0/77
Arky: ..... 32/457 ..... 0/162
Aub: ...... 31/427 ..... 10/318
UK ........ 28/394, .... 10/243
UF .........29/467, .... 7/355
Mizzou: ..31/433 ...... 6/273

Yardage AND points down in every game. They were averaging 392 yds/g, and 230 yds/g against Dawgs, 41% drop. They were averaging around 27 points a game overall, 6 and change against UGA, that's a drop of 78%. It's crazy.

As far as SoS goes, there are no easy schedules in the SEC, because you're playing against SEC teams. It's big-boy football more-or-less every week. I thought this was well-known. And the teams beat up on each other, so you'll see decent-to-good teams with a handful of losses.
Hold on - Vandy, South Carolina, Mizzou is hardly big boy football. Those teams are just like the rest of the conferences bottom teams. Kentucky, Florida, Arky, Tenn are mid level teams this year, every conference has teams like them. Auburn is a very solid team and win.

Georgia is the best team anyone can see that, but let’s not automatically chant SEC, SEC when they haven’t played the top of the conference.

P.S. Yes PAC 12 is hot garbage but I would put Utah ahead of any of the SEC teams Georgia has played with the exception of Auburn.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on - Vandy, South Carolina, Mizzou is hardly big boy football. Those teams are just like the rest of the conferences bottom teams. Kentucky, Florida, Arky, Tenn are mid level teams this year, every conference has teams like them. Auburn is a very solid team and win.

Georgia is the best team anyone can see that, but let’s not automatically chant SEC, SEC when they haven’t played the top of the conference.

P.S. Yes PAC 12 is hot garbage but I would put Utah ahead of any of the SEC teams Georgia has played with the exception of Auburn.
Ditto......

Let's not forget an extremely weak OOC slate of games.......... ending with an FCS and #80 ranked GT........... how nice. After each of those wins we'll get the "look at that amazing defense" from sports media............... uh huh.,....... ok.

I still look forward to their CCG. I just don't think they've been tested much at all.............

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The totality of playing in the SEC is big-boy football, when compared to other conferences. It's physical play week-in and week-out, a grind where the teams beat each other up. Also, UF is 4-5 this year, we're 5-4 and just beat them 40-17.

If Auburn or Arky were in the Pac-12, they'd be competing for the championship.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B10 is just as much hot garbage as the SEC this year.

Let’s wait till regular season ends to get a better idea of competition.