• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 7) Red Wings at Sharks - 6:00PM

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to even get into the Niemi vs. Nabby debate in terms of their individual play. Until Niemi plays a few more years with us, I still consider Nabby to be the greatest goalie in Sharks history. HOWEVER, it is clear that the team seems to have more confidence in front of Niemi than they did in front of Nabby last year. I'm not sure if that's a function of them just being a year more mature or if it stems from Niemi's calm nature, but its definitely noticeable for whatever its worth.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No go back i was stating it the minute it happened how good of a shot that was, secondly you dont see that shot because theres only about 2 to 3 players in the league that can take that one, 2 of them being on detroit the other cindy crosby

Tomato potato, you think its a good goal, I think its garbage. Not gonna argue with you bout it. I thought the last shot was 100x harder to stop. You know how hard it is to get your glove into that position with a bomb coming that fast?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to even get into the Niemi vs. Nabby debate in terms of their individual play. Until Niemi plays a few more years with us, I still consider Nabby to be the greatest goalie in Sharks history. HOWEVER, it is clear that the team seems to have more confidence in front of Niemi than they did in front of Nabby last year. I'm not sure if that's a function of them just being a year more mature or if it stems from Niemi's calm nature, but its definitely noticeable for whatever its worth.

They play for Niemi, there were games you can clearly see the team didnt like playing for Nabby at all. They are selling out for Niemi.

There has been a lot of reports coming out this season about how Nabby liked to point the finger at his teammates, and that would explain alot.

That being said i agree, Nabber was the greatest home grown sharks goalie ever. Always was a fan of his especially from the technical aspect

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude when i saw where that hit the elbow just inside the post, i couldnt believe that was off the backhand, i mean you could line up 10 nhlers from that spot trying to make that shot and maybe one guy hits it

My jaw just dropped when I saw that. Then dropped even further when I saw the replay. It was flat out increadible. I could have a 100 chances at an empty net and not pick the corner like that.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tomato potato, you think its a good goal, I think its garbage. Not gonna argue with you bout it. I thought the last shot was 100x harder to stop. You know how hard it is to get your glove into that position with a bomb coming that fast?

Yes i do, thats why i said it was a great save and he fought it off when it happened. I do play net by the way, speaking of which im playing a tournery in vegas this weekend so im going to miss game one.

It was a great shot, like i said i'd love to see you even attempt to make a save attempt at that at game speed without cheating on the shot.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Im going with the calm nature & Thornton finally getting sick of losing. One good thing about Niemi is, he is proven to step up after having a shit game and the players know that.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My jaw just dropped when I saw that. Then dropped even further when I saw the replay. It was flat out increadible. I could have a 100 chances at an empty net and not pick the corner like that.

Yeah if thats a forehand shot, its a bad goal and not a big deal talent wise. But backhand its otherworldly lol.

Watching the replay also, and where the shot came off the blade, im really curious as to what curve he has? because it looked like it might of rolled an 1" to 1.5" from the heel before it took off.

Seems like it be a funky ass Drury curve big heel curve with a open toe and no toe curve

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes i do, thats why i said it was a great save and he fought it off when it happened. I do play net by the way, speaking of which im playing a tournery in vegas this weekend so im going to miss game one.

It was a great shot, like i said i'd love to see you even attempt to make a save attempt at that at game speed without cheating on the shot.

If I could stop shit at NHL level game speed, then id probably be playing in the N or A right now durr da durr haha and anyone can "even attempt to make a save attempt" as witnessed, Niemi made an attempt and failed haha

LOL focus on being happy with the win, not on my opinion of what I think is a weak goal

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

How do you shoot a backhand-far-side-top-corner from a bad angle? Just ask the magician...hands down

pulled that from tsn lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I could stop shit at NHL level game speed, then id probably be playing in the N or A right now durr da durr haha and anyone can "even attempt to make a save attempt" as witnessed, Niemi made an attempt and failed haha

LOL focus on being happy with the win, not on my opinion of what I think is a weak goal

or even top level beer belly league lol PS if that shot was forehand, id be in complete agreement with you

Last edited by a moderator:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
or even top level beer belly league lol PS if that shot was forehand, id be in complete agreement with you

Ill get there one day man!! Im playing in ball league for now cause my mom said its safer. Im hoping to graduate to puck by winter! lol

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Roenick was successful in motivating Marleau after all.
Somehow I think JR is ok with being wrong about Marleau.

I think he did it as motivation too. He couldn't say something like that while wearing teal, but now he's in an appropriate position to say it, as a member of the media.

This game started out looking bad, but the Sharks settled in. Great PKing all series long.

Thornton has turned a corner and it's great to see. This is easily the best string of playoff games he's ever played in his career.

Niemi is living up to his big contract. It's going to be great when we start getting used to these performances from him. I'm still surprised at how good he can be. He gave up two but never the tying goal.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great series. Time to move on and bring on the Cunucks.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah.....I FORGOT

FUCK YOU DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice flight home.......

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude when i saw where that hit the elbow just inside the post, i couldnt believe that was off the backhand, i mean you could line up 10 nhlers from that spot trying to make that shot and maybe one guy hits it

I am so glad we live in the age of the DVR.. I hit rewind and watched that shot maybe 10 times. Dats is perhaps one of the most amazing players to watch on both ends of the ice in the world. Niemi isn't a small dude, and from that angle there is not a lot to shoot the biscuit at...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol when he falls on his back side or belly he has the worst recovery i have ever seen in my life, ive seen beer league whale floppers recover quicker then him

Yeah I noticed two times he looked bad getting up. One time he was sitting facing the net for a good two seconds. It was funny to us watching. He looked great making the saves though. Another good game by Niemi.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the post game interviews:

Joe: ".. I dont think half of you guys no anything about the sport anyway."
Pav: "Lets not go overboard here, we have a lot of work to do. We were in this position last year and we didn't take care of business."

Smells like a team that believes in itself.

Earlier it was posted that if we win this series it would be defining (I believe that was Rares...) - you can see it on their faces. I still believe that this team looks very different when Patty and Thornton unload and bring their A game.

I don't know about you guys, but I am going to sleep mighty well believing that the conversation on that plane to DET is going something like, "Shit, we really need to not face the Sharks in the playoffs next year."

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish I still had some of the Daiginjo-shu I brought back from Japan.. right now would be worthy of a toast...

probably wouldn't mix with that Makers Mark though... ich.

that sounds like a mixture to create a vomit comet