• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 7) Red Wings at Sharks - 6:00PM

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite goal was Couture pwning Zetterberg and going top shelf.
Never give up on a play. Ever!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone for doing your part! I did the whiskey, kork did KGB! We all chipped in!

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh what a game. Just read through this entire GDT to (kinda) relive the night.... amazing stuff, so nice to see the top guns ALL step up- Heater, Boyle, Patty, Jumbo... and of course Nemo!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats knuckleheads...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just couldn't stand to post last night... too much emotion!

First and foremost. Gotta tip your hat to the 'called out' one. Tap in or not, he was in the right place driving the net, and more importantly, helped start the play behind his own goal line. That is the kind of play that turns around a reputation. That blackbird sure tastes good right now :-)... of course, he needs to bring it vs. vancouver too (as does the rest of the team) because vancouver is a better, deeper team than detroit and the sharks will really have their hands full.

Of course, JR's golden boy isnt the only one to play well. Nemo was the difference in the series. He stood on his head the last couple games, giving up nothing weak (what can you do on datsyuk's goal... arhgh!). He was a calming force in net and he was just a bit better than howard who the wings needed to stop cooch's type goal and even the last one too. Howard was good, and much much better than last year, but nemo was just that much better.

Of course, the captain, who for the first time maybe in his career, is actually playing like a captain. He was a man possessed again, particularly on the PK and in his own zone. He shoulda had two points (his poise to draw datsyuk toward him and then dishing to boyle was the key to the 3rd goal) and he was physical, ferocious on the back check, and just doing all the little things right.

Unbelievable game, and a true step for the franchise. Obviously, they arent in uncharted territory yet, but to win that game was a major major moment for the franchise IMO, particularly of course if they can topple the nucks.

"Sometimes, History will NOT be made..."

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
last thought: Couture is a franchise player. I dunno if he will be in the realm of Toews or crosby (well noone is crosby), but he is a legit franchise player to be. His steal fro mthe great zetterberg was amazing, but then to just whip around and pick a corner in game 7 under such pressure. A-mazing. He's a 22 year old ROOKIE for god's sake and is basically point-per-game, 1 back of the team lead, Tied for the team lead in goals, playing very strong defensively, and just carrying the team.

No question the best draft pick the sharks ever made. Imagine if this kid just keeps getting better and better. Can he be a 40 goal scorer? Can he be the guy who consistently produces in the PO's just when needed? I dont think I have ever been as excited about an up-and-coming player as I am now, and that includes my golden boy. Cooch is just all-around better than Pavs and has a much higher career ceiling. This is so exciting...

p.s.: if he keeps it up for the next two rounds and the sharks win the cup, he could be a conn smythe candidate. Of course, we are a looooong way from that, but has a rookie ever won a conn smythe?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier it was posted that if we win this series it would be defining (I believe that was Rares...) - you can see it on their faces. I still believe that this team looks very different when Patty and Thornton unload and bring their A game.

Hah... nah, wasn't me.. I wish I could take credit for something positive that I said but the truth is, after the Game 5 collapse, I had zero faith and I all I could think was "chokers!".

But anyway, I was obviously very happy that they pulled it through and didn't choke under all that pressure for once.

Relo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
last thought: Couture is a franchise player. I dunno if he will be in the realm of Toews or crosby (well noone is crosby), but he is a legit franchise player to be. His steal fro mthe great zetterberg was amazing, but then to just whip around and pick a corner in game 7 under such pressure. A-mazing. He's a 22 year old ROOKIE for god's sake and is basically point-per-game, 1 back of the team lead, Tied for the team lead in goals, playing very strong defensively, and just carrying the team.

No question the best draft pick the sharks ever made. Imagine if this kid just keeps getting better and better. Can he be a 40 goal scorer? Can he be the guy who consistently produces in the PO's just when needed? I dont think I have ever been as excited about an up-and-coming player as I am now, and that includes my golden boy. Cooch is just all-around better than Pavs and has a much higher career ceiling. This is so exciting...

p.s.: if he keeps it up for the next two rounds and the sharks win the cup, he could be a conn smythe candidate. Of course, we are a looooong way from that, but has a rookie ever won a conn smythe?

Didnt Dryden win the Smythe BEFORE winning ROY?

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wings and Sharks gave us one of the best series in history. 6 of 7 games were decided by 1 goal and the other game was essentially a 1 goal game until the goalie pull. Props to both teams - man those Wings are just fuckin RELENTLESS!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic quote by Niemi re: "teh backhand":

With 28.3 seconds remaining, Niemi got his glove on a 41-foot slap shot by Pavel Datsyuk that seemed to be aimed at the goaltender's head. Earlier, Datsyuk somehow beat the Niemi with a shot that seemed to float over his shoulder and into the net.

"It was a great, great backhand," Niemi said. "I don't think I've seen that before. I felt bad after that -- but I want to see it again."

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Fuck that last five minutes was tense.

I still can't talk. Voice is only a memory. Left it all in the stands... Great posts here & great victory. #1 win of all-time (thus far). Bring on the 'Noocks!:director:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Bertuzzi part AT ALL... he knocked Heatley down with his arms/body and his helmet barely touched anything (definitely had no part in the impact).

I'm not doubting that he couldn't return (or he would have, I'm sure) but just saying that it's weird because the hit didn't seem that bad at all...

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Bertuzzi part AT ALL... he knocked Heatley down with his arms/body and his helmet barely touched anything (definitely had no part in the impact).

I'm not doubting that he couldn't return (or he would have, I'm sure) but just saying that it's weird because the hit didn't seem that bad at all...

There's a sweet spot on everyone's jaw. Come 'ere, I'll show ya. :-)

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta credit Heatley a bit. The guy isn't physical but that big boy can take a lickin and keep on tickin. He took the hit from Bert and knocked out Bert for the game. Kronwall had numerous hits on him during the series. No problem for Heater.

That Cleary injury was downright scary. Never want to see that...unless the words "Torres" is on the back of the jersey.