• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: WCSF Game 5 - Sharks at Kings - 7:30PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chancss that Burish plays game 6?

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever run into a sharks player, I'm going to tell them "you guys fucking suck"

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck - that was not the way to start a best of 3 series. I don't quite buy into the Nemo isn't good enough to get it done... iirc - he has some bling. That being said:

1. Sutter >>>> Toad. Sutter clearly moved his people around and found match ups that better challenged our talent and kept the play in our end. They made key game adjustments in handling Joe and came out more aggressively than we did in Game 4. They set the tone, played their game and it was only a matter of time.

2. Irwin - his 'newness' definitely showed tonight and I think that was largely because of point #1. Gomez, who had looked pretty good so far, took about 4 big hits and played the rest of the night scared and ineffective. Harden the fuck up. ergo - 3rd line looked shaky and the 4th line - well enough said.

3. Big Joe and Marleau could have been more aggressive but I think the game plan was more of a problem. It was clear that the long passes were not going to work in this game and they just stubbornly kept going to old news. Shorter, faster passing and better team work would have gotten into to the red line and some soft chips behind the Kings defense would have worked better. Sutter >>>> Toad.

4. **Stupid penalties/shitty PP** It was clear that this game would be won on capitalizing on mistakes. 0 for ... on the PP - in fact our PP looked like they thought magic would put the puck into the net. Horrible effort. Getting outworked on the PP shows where your head is for the game.

5. Lost our hitting/face off fu. Kings found the loose pucks before we did on a regular basis.

Sharks like to do shit the hard way... I don't get it but if you were going to have a flat game might as well get it out of the system now. Time to man up and push all the chips to the center of the table.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks lose & the Hawks go down 3-1 in the series... Not a good day for PO hockey at all. This sucks, if these 2 bow out, there is NO teams left that I like. At least usually i have someone to root for...

The thing that bugs me the most tho is, when LA has a PP I shit myself a lil because im pretty confident they will score, and when SJ has a PP I shit myself a lil because im pretty confident LA will get at least one 2 on 1 and better chances... Hasanyone else noticed how many chances the sharks give up on the PP, that 4 F 1 D seems to ALWAYS get them caught, it drives me apeshit...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
[/B]

I agree, great question. As I wrote in my past, he's been pretty much absent. 0 goals for his is obviously awful. I certainly dont mean to give him a pass.

The whole team cant score. Yes, its harder to come back from 2-0 compared to 1-0, but nevertheless, the pressure is huge on nemo when he has to give up 1 or 0 to have a chance to win. Its unfair to blame him when the team gets shut out.

This is really a replay of what poor nabby faced for years. He would be blamed because he gave up one long shot and that was it. The team would score 1 or 1.5 goals per game, and everyone blamed nabby. Until the sharks are able to outwork opponents regularly, show some consistency, and get forwards who dont disappear regularly for long stretches, they will always show flashed of brilliance only to fall short.
This team this series goes as couture, boyle and marleau have gone in terms of scoring, burns, Thornton,pavelski,Wingels and galiardi need to help those three and Nemo needs to keep backbreaking pucks out of the net

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how all of the effort & hard work in the 1st 4 games are just a distant memory. That was about the most uninspired Game 5 as you'll (n)ever want to see. Give the Kings their credit, but the Sharks' effort & execution were nearly non-existent. YUCK!!!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The great effort for game 4 was only the 1st two periods. The third was classic sharks laziness. They were downright lucky to win that game...

The sharks big problem is and always has been consistency. They look great one game, then they suck. They have two 7 game winning streaks on each end of a 2 month snoozefest. They show flashes of greatness on the PP, then lose focus entirely. Jumbo dominates a game, then floats. Patty flies then evaporates. Pavs snipes then cant hit an open net. To a man, with the possible exception of cooch, they are completely up and down.

We all know that they are capable of winning a cup. Theyve always been among the most purely talented. Doughty said it perfectly before the series that the sharks are more talented than the blues. There is no doubt that when they are trying their hardest, they can dominate like the 1st period of G4. Perhaps that is the most maddening part of all.

Should they lose on sunday, it will have been an exciting series and a better than expected run, I would think. However, for me, it will do nothing more than reinforce the immense underachieving laziness that we have seen for nearly a decade.

For me, the only way I can get over my disdain would be for them to outwork opponents consistently. If they come back and beat the kings, then that will surely go a long way, but my belief in their work ethic needed for G6 and 7 is pretty thin.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tb:.....WE WILL WIN GAME 6! No ifs and or buts, we will be heading back to LA tied for the last time. I have complete faith we will take game 6 and finish off the Kings in their own barn ending their 12 game home winning streak.

Just BEAT LA!!!!!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... they don't usually do all that good in Game 6:

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... they don't usually do all that good in Game 6:

Anyone know off the top, what the Dy-nemic Duo has contributed to this period of ineptitude? :gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well - its better than 0-9.

I think they will pull together a game like game 4 and have a chance to win it. The question is how they will react when LA steps up their game in the 3rd? Do they fold again and get lucky or lose like game 2?

I frequently talk sports with some guys over at a coffee place and the topic of effort came up. What bugs me are statements like, "we are going to leave it all on the ice game 6" or "its the playoffs now, so things get faster and tighter". Um.. why not just do that ALL THE TIME? I realize there are some physical issues but the reality is that if you are constantly thinking about saving a little till later... then you are not a champion.

A champion doesn't worry about tomorrow, the next shift, period, etc. They focus on giving *everything* during the here and now, and worry about later LATER. I am not sure we do that.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the whole definition-of-insanity (doing the same over and over and expecting a different result) thing, right?

Anyway, here's a decent read from LeBrun on Hannan/Stuart:

2013 NHL playoffs -- A long road for Sharks' Scott Hannan and Brad Stuart - ESPN

Nice read -

I was glad to see Stuart come back, when he was getting bounced a bit I couldn't understand why the hell we didn't bring him back and instead explored less impressive alternatives. That being said I am glad he got a cup though.. hard to say if that will happen in teal.

Hannan has been a real surprise - a lot better than I thought he would be.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice read -

I was glad to see Stuart come back, when he was getting bounced a bit I couldn't understand why the hell we didn't bring him back and instead explored less impressive alternatives. That being said I am glad he got a cup though.. hard to say if that will happen in teal.

Hannan has been a real surprise - a lot better than I thought he would be.

Yep. If you see Hannan in real life he looks like a midget. Dude has done well to stay productive at his size at this age.