• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Titans at Steelers - Stomp the Towel!

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pxvcksW.png

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 week until the Tennessee Titans season kicks off!!! :whoo:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been angry since the 2009 loss to Baltimore in the playoffs, got angrier with Jeff's firing and and am downright IRATE since Bud stuck with the status quo upstairs and on the coaching staff. I have serious doubts about our offense and even more so with our defense.

The only thing that will shock me is if the Titans start off with a resounding win. Fortunately, our Week 1 competition isn't exactly overwhelming.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are always tough, but I don't think they will beat us over the head like the last time when we played there.

And that Playoff game vs Baltimore was bs... obvious delay of game call that was missed... which led to the Ravens getting into fg range, which led me to go outside while they kicked the game winner. And I will never forgive Crumpler for that fumble near the endzone.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's also about the time I started drinking

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are always tough, but I don't think they will beat us over the head like the last time when we played there.

And that Playoff game vs Baltimore was bs... obvious delay of game call that was missed... which led to the Ravens getting into fg range, which led me to go outside while they kicked the game winner. And I will never forgive Crumpler for that fumble near the endzone.

I still remember calling my Dad when that game was over and asking "Can you please tell me what just happened?" It's been many years since I was that disappointed over a loss in sports. That was the year we started 13-0 and then began resting starters and probably shouldn't have.

I am very anxious to see how we look for game 1. Like I said, almost nothing will surprise me. And that's another thing about the Titans that drives me insane. One week we play a great game against an opponent and then the next week it looks like Dickson County High School could probably beat us.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: I see at least 8 losses this year for the Titans, especially the first two games. I don't see much production from Greene or Battle. Their drafting was terrible and allowing Hasselback to walk was even a bigger mistake. According to SI, they predict the Titans record to be 7 - 9 this season.

While the Steelers went 0 - 4 in the Preseason, they refused to show everyone what they really have. Heath Miller, Big Ben and Troy P. are healthy. They finally have solid back up QB's and their line is younger and stronger than ever. While Bell may be out for up to the first 6 games, they have plenty of depth and backup so they shouldn't have any problems. What you all will see this year out of the Steelers D, forced turnovers. Something they haven't been able to do in over three years. Don't think the game will be close while playing at Heinz field.

Good luck this season!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their drafting was terrible and allowing Hasselback to walk was even a bigger mistake.

Terrible? Terrible you say? Our drafting for years has been abysmal. With the exception of Chance Warmack and Jared Cook, who else could we possibly say was a solid pick? Wasting the #8 pick in the draft on Jake Locker was ludicrous and set our team back by seasons. We let Kerry Collins and Kevin Mawae go one season too early and somehow managed to alienate two pros who should have been signed to lifetime contracts to stay with the organization in some capacity, we botched the exit of Hasselback, should have released Chris Johnson before the big payday, should have never let Jared Cook or LeGarret Blount go, and on and on and on.

And that's only the players. If our head coach were fired today he'd have a hard time getting a job back in the NFL as an O-line coach.
But this is the way Bud wants it, folks. :gaah:

The man is 127 yrs old and insists he wants to win a Super Bowl before he dies. Yeah, with Mike Munchak as head coach? Listen, everyone loves Munch but we will not win a playoff game with him as head coach. It's simply not going to happen.

Again, I'm anxious to see what we have this Sunday!

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible? Terrible you say? Our drafting for years has been abysmal. With the exception of Chance Warmack and Jared Cook, who else could we possibly say was a solid pick? Wasting the #8 pick in the draft on Jake Locker was ludicrous and set our team back by seasons. We let Kerry Collins and Kevin Mawae go one season too early and somehow managed to alienate two pros who should have been signed to lifetime contracts to stay with the organization in some capacity, we botched the exit of Hasselback, should have released Chris Johnson before the big payday, should have never let Jared Cook or LeGarret Blount go, and on and on and on.

And that's only the players. If our head coach were fired today he'd have a hard time getting a job back in the NFL as an O-line coach.

The man is 127 yrs old and insists he wants to win a Super Bowl before he dies. Yeah, with Mike Munchak as head coach? Listen, everyone loves Munch but we will not win a playoff game with him as head coach. It's simply not going to happen.

Man, I forgot about Kerry Collins. You're right, he did a heck of a job for Carolina. I see your points.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dwmiami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to Forumn

I agree with most everything you guys have stated, but let me say this. I believe in CJ. He did rush of 2,000 yards behind a very good offensive line. I believe he has struggled behind a very suspect one since that year (and I will say I am sure the money went to his head a bit), he needs holes to use his speed. Also I agree with the draft comments, but I always took up for Fish and I will take up for Munch here, because it must be hard for a coach to go into a draft with an owner who simply will not draft who you want or need.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is very winnable for TN, i think the steelers are on the decline, but Ben is always a factor. I actually like the TN offense as well i think TN has some above average WRs, and CJ is still above average as well.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most everything you guys have stated, but let me say this. I believe in CJ. He did rush of 2,000 yards behind a very good offensive line. I believe he has struggled behind a very suspect one since that year (and I will say I am sure the money went to his head a bit), he needs holes to use his speed. Also I agree with the draft comments, but I always took up for Fish and I will take up for Munch here, because it must be hard for a coach to go into a draft with an owner who simply will not draft who you want or need.

Happy to have a new Titans fan join us! :suds: Welcome!

Four days to go! :hope:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to make a prediction? I'm going with

Titans: 13
Steelers: 28

Our RBs keep it close in the first half but Jake's inability to move the offense along with a D full of holes spells trouble even against an anemic Pittsburgh offense.

I am praying that I'm fed a heaping dish of crow on Sunday afternoon! :hope:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers, 31-14

I went from thinking it will be close, to now thinking it will be a blowout. I just honestly don't know. Either way, I'd have to give Pittsburgh the edge being at home.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is very winnable for TN, i think the steelers are on the decline, but Ben is always a factor. I actually like the TN offense as well i think TN has some above average WRs, and CJ is still above average as well.

Here we go, typical of a rats fan. Please tell us how the Steelers are in a decline? They have improved their backup QB position, O line and D line is younger and stronger than ever (since 1956), Troy is 100%, Heath is almost back, etc. Yes, there are a few bumps with injuries, but that's expected; overall nothing major. They have also improved their punter as well as their special teams. I wouldn't worry too much about the WR and RB positions, they will gel and surprise everyone.

So again, how are they on the decline?

My prediction: Steelers 24 - Titans 13

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely agree about Cook, I love his potential. Didn't like seeing us let him go.

Last edited by a moderator:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game prediction...uhh, I'll say Pitt, 31-17.