• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Baby Bears @ Champs, 8/29

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know why this guy was banned??

Please PM me if you know anything.

Thanks!

I dont see any infractions, so I would guess Filo found a certain JA from Disney who made an agreement with Ray and him broke his agreement.

Just my educated guess...

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring back Torres, I think you have to look at this season as a sophomore slump type season even though he's 33. I think he needs to go to a smaller/lighter bat so he doesn't have to start his swing as early and the quicker it will be which should improve his contact rates. Plus he isn't going to command a lot of money and gives Bochy an option off the bench. And just maybe 2011 is the aberration and not 2010.

Have a look: Andres Torres Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

The guy was nada, then played in the minors forever, then 2010 happened (with an appetizer in 2009). It's not impossible he can get better, but I'd rather have him as our 4th OF next year, not starting in center.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think this could be pretty accurate. And if Fielder isn't an option, Jose Reyes is the perfect fit for this team (injuries and all :L). And in that situation, I see Beltran re-signed.
SS-Reyes
2B-Franchez
C-Posey
3B-Sandoval
RF-Beltran
1B-Huff
LF-Belt
CF-Nate

IMO, after this season, Dirty is gone, Rowfuck is gone (replaced by Ford), DeRosa/Teh nada/O-Crap replaced by Burriss/Gillaspie/Stamos, Whiteside out Stewart stays. Maybe Pill finds a way in there. Kepp is also there.

Lincecum
Cain
Bum
Volgy
Surkamp

Wilson stays, Lopez re-signs.

Question is, what can we get in return for Sanchez? He is a tough read, I think the Giants are fed-up with him but at the same time have no chance to receive equal trade value.

Will they finally cut ties with Zito? He CANNOT pitch out of the pen. I'd rather throw Dirty back into the pen, Zito is just not meant for it.

Why the heck do you want Beltran re-signed? Factoring in baserunning, defense, and hustle, frankly, I'd rather have Nate in right. Beltran was the right stopgap move for this injury riddled mess of an offense, we needed a middle of the order hitter. Turns out he's barely adequate at that.

I do think we need another bat but it doesn't have to be a thumper, it has to be a table setter in CF. Basically we need to sign a guy who can be 2010 Torres in 2012. Reyes is tempting, and if we could get him for a shortish contract like 4/80 or 5/100 it might be worth it. But someone will give him 8/170.

Fielder isn't an option because 1) Blocked by Huff (and Belt) and we have seen the org will NOT DFA big $ guys (see Rowand, Zito) and 2) Someone will give him an 8 year deal and we are out of the long term big $ business (see Rowand, Zito).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we contemplate how to fix things for 2012, it's the only time I kind of wish we were Yankee or Red Sox or Phillie etc fans. When those teams have a problem contract, they just dump it. When they see a perfect fit (Fielder, Reyes, etc) they just sign them up for huge $ for long term and don't care about the money.

Those fans are spoiled, lucky jackasses.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we contemplate how to fix things for 2012, it's the only time I kind of wish we were Yankee or Red Sox or Phillie etc fans. When those teams have a problem contract, they just dump it. When they see a perfect fit (Fielder, Reyes, etc) they just sign them up for huge $ for long term and don't care about the money.

Those fans are spoiled, lucky jackasses.

I have mentioned this in the past, but it bears mentioning again...

We ARE one of those teams now. A $120M payroll is up there with the big-boys...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe by putting us in the top 10 (we're basically tied for 7th with the Mets), but in terms of degree, 118M is way different than Boston (162), Philly (173), and the Spanks (203!).

Zito and Rowand's contracts would barely register on those teams. They are killing us. Ergo those fans are spoiled brats.

2011 MLB Salaries by Team - USATODAY.com

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he would be a 4th OF if we find an upgrade in FA. I'd rather Torres start in CF then Rowand if we can't find an upgrade via FA.

Absolutely. But it will be pretty disappointing if we start 2012 with Torres there.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe by putting us in the top 10 (we're basically tied for 7th with the Mets), but in terms of degree, 118M is way different than Boston (162), Philly (173), and the Spanks (203!).

Zito and Rowand's contracts would barely register on those teams. They are killing us. Ergo those fans are spoiled brats.

2011 MLB Salaries by Team - USATODAY.com

It just occurred to me, the last time a megabucks team DIDN'T win the WS, before us, was the 2006 Cards. And guess which other team gets lumped in with us as 'fluke' WS winners?

Basically, you are supposed to buy up all the best players, or you are a 'fluke' champion.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would have to respectfully disagree. While $120MM is a fine payroll, anytime another team is 50% higher with their payroll you are by definition not a "big boy."

I'd call us "medium boys."

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It just occurred to me, the last time a megabucks team DIDN'T win the WS, before us, was the 2006 Cards. And guess which other team gets lumped in with us as 'fluke' WS winners?

Basically, you are supposed to buy up all the best players, or you are a 'fluke' champion.

If you repeat that enough times on the internet you get a job at ESPN.:typing:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have to respectfully disagree. While $120MM is a fine payroll, anytime another team is 50% higher with their payroll you are by definition not a "big boy."

I'd call us "medium boys."

Speak for yourself, big guy ;)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, I'm picking the Phillies to win it this year, with that pitching and home field all the way...so another non-fluke I guess.

Hoping for something like a Brewers-Tigers WS though...Selig would have a heart attack looking at those TV ratings, especially if his Brewers lost.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the heck do you want Beltran re-signed? Factoring in baserunning, defense, and hustle, frankly, I'd rather have Nate in right. Beltran was the right stopgap move for this injury riddled mess of an offense, we needed a middle of the order hitter. Turns out he's barely adequate at that.

I do think we need another bat but it doesn't have to be a thumper, it has to be a table setter in CF. Basically we need to sign a guy who can be 2010 Torres in 2012. Reyes is tempting, and if we could get him for a shortish contract like 4/80 or 5/100 it might be worth it. But someone will give him 8/170.

Fielder isn't an option because 1) Blocked by Huff (and Belt) and we have seen the org will NOT DFA big $ guys (see Rowand, Zito) and 2) Someone will give him an 8 year deal and we are out of the long term big $ business (see Rowand, Zito).

I don't think it's fair enough to say that Beltran has been a barley adequate middle of the order hitter when he has had such a SSS with us. If he signs a 2-3 year deal, I'd do it because I think he has at least 1 great year left in him and a few good years left. IMO, if we acquire a CF/leadoff type, let him walk. But if we sign Reyes, we're going to need another bat in the OF. Belt-Nate-Beltran. I think people are being a bit to hard on Beltran (though it wouldn't hurt to at least not look like you're dogging it).

Reyes really scares the shit out of me though and if we could get him on a shorter deal (5 years), I'd do it. Not really sure what his markets like though. I've heard as low as 4 years $60 million and as high as Carl Crawford money.