• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Baby Bears @ Champs, 8/29

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, in all seriousness, The Giants aren't going to have the money pay either guy. To me, we got to trade for or sign a leadoff hitter (preferably a guy who plays CF). A lineup with a decent leadoff hitter, Sanchez back, Nate back, and Posey at C looks far better than the crap we've been throwing out.

Sabean may have been blowing smoke, but he said in this past off season that signing a "big FA" is still financially do-able.

I'm not trying to shit the bed here, but we had a hard time last year with Huff, Uribe, Torres and Burrell having world beater career years. I'm not out on this year, but we need to do something drastic about this offense, or we might as well trade Cain and Lincecum now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sometimes I just can't stand Flem. He's not bad, but he's a little too pantshatty at times. Calling pitches "waaaay ooout" when they're not that bad. Or talking shit about hitters being in a slump (really Captain Obvious!?) and then they make a hit and he's forced to sound exciting when you knew he wasn't.

But mostly it's the posturing that gets me. "The Giants would love a basehit here" or player GIDP and saying "that is not what he wanted..." Heh.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabean may have been blowing smoke, but he said in this past off season that signing a "big FA" is still financially do-able.

I'm not trying to shit the bed here, but we had a hard time last year with Huff, Uribe, Torres and Burrell having world beater career years. I'm not out on this year, but we need to do something drastic about this offense, or we might as well trade Cain and Lincecum now.

I gotta agree with that. I'm just not sure what that drastic step should be. It's going to be a gamble no matter what they choose to do. We shall see.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I just can't stand Flem. He's not bad, but he's a little too pantshatty at times. Calling pitches "waaaay ooout" when they're not that bad. Or talking shit about hitters being in a slump (really Captain Obvious!?) and then they make a hit and he's forced to sound exciting when you knew he wasn't.

But mostly it's the posturing that gets me. "The Giants would love a basehit here" or player GIDP and saying "that is not what he wanted..." Heh.

Well, I like it kinda...it echoes what we are typing here. You know he'd like to say "And Blowand strikes out on 3 pitches AGAIN..."

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flem just picked Gary Brown as his player of the game. lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with that. I'm just not sure what that drastic step should be. It's going to be a gamble no matter what they choose to do. We shall see.

I still have a lot of faith in Sabean. Can't put this season on him, he made good to decent moves in the main. For this year probably Tejada the only major mistake. And maybe not meeting Torrealba's price?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

very true. I think he tries to set up a big play for the Giants before it happens so that he can unleash his "and that's the hit the Giants have been sorely looking for! (for three months now)"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, I like it kinda...it echoes what we are typing here. You know he'd like to say "And Blowand strikes out on 3 pitches AGAIN..."

Hehehe. Yeah, I don't mind it, but he also has an uncanny ability to pantshat when things are going right (granted, haven't been much of that lately) that he'll be wet in the diapers a little too much. It's like "DUDE, CHILL - they're winning!"

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered tzill was at that abortion of a game. He's probably mad enough to join Marcus yelling outside the Cubs' hotel.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a lot of faith in Sabean. Can't put this season on him, he made good to decent moves in the main. For this year probably Tejada the only major mistake. And maybe not meeting Torrealba's price?

Well, one could argue that Ross and Huff were shitty signings too...but he HAD to bring the team back. Had to. And it didn't work out.

He deserves credit for not overpaying on Uribe. Ross, Torres, DeRosa, and Tejada will all be gone next year. Rowand and Huff the year after that.

And I have faith in him also. I'm more worried about the slim-pickings among free agents, along with the difficulty of getting much value for Dirty in a trade, given his injuries this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Grissom hit a walk off 2-run double in extra innings.

Everyone needs to listen to that link Kings provided, it cheered me up a ton.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This season is tito's fault really. He jumped on the bandwagon in July, loves Orlando Cabrera. Declared the team a lock after the Beltran deal, and had been hoping for less of Nate all year. He got all his player moves, so, of course, the Giants immediately crash and burn.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He's having a solid year, but he would be putting up Whiteshit numbers on this team. He has all the protection in the world with the Rangers.

I don't blame sabean for this, or bochy. They didn't ask for Fredy and Posey to get season ending injuries. And, like you said, he made solid moves. At some point, though, bandaids stop working.

He kept trying to replace their production through trades, and truth is, we need help before they went down.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to listen to that link Kings provided, it cheered me up a ton.

I've heard Miller's call of that play several times, and I laugh my ass off every time. It's been a very long time since I've seen video of that play. Damn that was funny. Seeing him run around second base was little league-esque.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one could argue that Ross and Huff were shitty signings too...but he HAD to bring the team back. Had to. And it didn't work out.

He deserves credit for not overpaying on Uribe. Ross, Torres, DeRosa, and Tejada will all be gone next year. Rowand and Huff the year after that.

And I have faith in him also. I'm more worried about the slim-picking among free agents, along with the difficulty of getting much value for Dirty in a trade, given his injuries this year.

totally agree.

Complete second guessing on my part but the only thing I would criticize Sabes and Co. is not having a backup plan in case Torres, Huff, and Ross regressed.

As for SS, this board was smarter than Sabes on that one - several guys called for Hardy prior to signings.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a good one guys. We are some sick fucks for watching this whole game.