• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Giants

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be Wednesday.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it-has-begun.jpeg

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'm really having a hard time not going to this game. I'm in the process of buying a house so the budget it tight. But shit my friends and me want to go....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really having a hard time not going to this game. I'm in the process of buying a house so the budget it tight. But shit my friends and me want to go....

Pending on the seats, i say go. We need more fans to show up at the game(coming from someone who lives in a different time zone lol)

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to say we need help, BUT if Nicks doesn't play on sunday or plays at near 90%, that's a big plus for us and the secondary...Bradshaw is immaterial IMO....

Hey, every little bit helps. This game is going to be a bitch that will depend on the 49er defense's ability to limit the Guiants to 14 points or less.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, every little bit helps. This game is going to be a bitch that will depend on the 49er defense's ability to limit the Guiants to 14 points or less.

The Giants biggest win was by 13 pts vs the eagles in Philly.

The least amount of pts given up is 16 up to this point.

Manning may get his yards through the air, but he won't be getting the TDs.... Niners D will definitely need to play very good football since this a possible playoff matchup, so no holding back. Play to win it this sunday.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Giants biggest win was by 13 pts vs the eagles in Philly.

The least amount of pts given up is 16 up to this point.

Manning may get his yards through the air, but he won't be getting the TDs.... Niners D will definitely need to play very good football since this a possible playoff matchup, so no holding back. Play to win it this sunday.

I'm not as concerned with the 49ers' defense being able to stop the Giants as I am about the 49er offense being able to score against the Giants D.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not to say we need help, BUT if Nicks doesn't play on sunday or plays at near 90%, that's a big plus for us and the secondary...

Bradshaw is immaterial IMO....

I don't think Bradshaw is immaterial. If he's in, the OLBs and DEs have to guard against the outside run. If he's out, which seems likely at this point, they can just go straight ahead all day and apply pressure to the inside of that Giants' OL. They have no outside running thread without Bradshaw.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to say we need help, BUT if Nicks doesn't play on sunday or plays at near 90%, that's a big plus for us and the secondary...

Bradshaw is immaterial IMO....

Per CBSsports.com, their rapid reports claimed Nicks had a good practice today, could be a probable for us on sunday(or do I mean problem?)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bradshaw is immaterial. If he's in, the OLBs and DEs have to guard against the outside run. If he's out, which seems likely at this point, they can just go straight ahead all day and apply pressure to the inside of that Giants' OL. They have no outside running thread without Bradshaw.

Not to dismiss Bradshaw and what's he's done in the season, but even if he laces up, I don't think he'll hurt us considering how well we're playing RBs this year whether its run or pass. Bradshaw isn't the fastest or most shiftiest RB but an injured foot would limit his movements regardless IMO.

We've been very good closing the outside runs, I forgot where i read it, but it's been pointed out how fast we are sideline to sideline which is true(T52 & T53)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as concerned with the 49ers' defense being able to stop the Giants as I am about the 49er offense being able to score against the Giants D.

In passing situations, if Staley and Davis are winning their battles, we're going to get our pts.... IMO :hdn:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be able to run between the tackles all day long against them.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why do you say that?

Giants run D is nothing special.

Im probably in the minority here, but I think SF wins by 14 or more points. My best friend and I went in half and half and got sunday ticket so therefore Ive had to watch a fair share of Giants games this year. Im not that impressed with them honestly. If we can stop their run (which we should) and get them down early then it shouldnt be too difficult because Eli turns into a turnover machine when he's forced to do things on his own.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say that?

Because they suck at stopping the run. They give up 127.1 yards a game. 25th in the league. Their DTs are nothing special and their LBs are a friggin joke.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be able to run between the tackles all day long against them.

Agreed- that is the biggest advantage the 49ers have in this game. They should be able to push around the Giants front 7 and neutralize their speed on the edges. It will be the same recipe for success as all season to this point- wear them down, pop off a few big runs, convert short 3rd down passes, and grind out a tough game.

The Giants are a weird team as they do seem to play better on the road. The Stick has been a tough place to play lately though.

Last edited by a moderator: