• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Jaguars

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any win is a good win so happy happy happy. More so after Monday night's big win and having to travel to the East Coast. I expected a sluggish start by the 49ers and the 1st quarter was just that. Good they took control in the 2nd quarter, aided by a turnover of course.

We're now back in contention for the 7th play-off spot. Obviously, we need to continue winning and let the chips fall where they may.

BTW - i was at the Monday night game and i have a little complaint.............the ride share lot (after the game) is really far away, almost a mile?! Then the ride share drivers can't get back to the lot without a lot of difficulty.....according to the 2nd driver who picked me up. The wait was extra long because the 1st driver couldn't get to the lot and cancelled?!

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any win is a good win so happy happy happy. More so after Monday night's big win and having to travel to the East Coast. I expected a sluggish start by the 49ers and the 1st quarter was just that. Good they took control in the 2nd quarter, aided by a turnover of course.

We're now back in contention for the 7th play-off spot. Obviously, we need to continue winning and let the chips fall where they may.

BTW - i was at the Monday night game and i have a little complaint.............the ride share lot (after the game) is really far away, almost a mile?! Then the ride share drivers can't get back to the lot without a lot of difficulty.....according to the 2nd driver who picked me up. The wait was extra long because the 1st driver couldn't get to the lot and cancelled?!
Sluggish start? They had the longest drive in the NFL since the year 2000 to start the game. Niners are getting back to ball control keeping defense fresh and wearing down opponents defense. Stay healthy they will make the playoffs.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Jaguar game, only my 2nd time getting to see the 49ers live, and it was pretty much a Home Game for the 49ers. The lot we parked in had 49ers canopy and flags up full of tailgaters. Walking to the stadium an hour and a half before kickoff all I saw were 49er jerseys. Inside the stadium it was again pretty much all 49er colors until a few minutes before kickoff Jaguar fans finally showed up. The section we sat in though was all 49er fans.

I didn't realize that opening drive was 20 plays, but I did look up at the clock as we approached the Endzone. I leaned over to my wife and told her the 1st Quarter was nearly over. She gave me a @_@ What!? Expression before looking at the Clock herself. That 1st Quarter felt like it ended right after it started for us. I hated that we kicked a FG to end that Drive. The Jags deciding to go 3 and Out, and then Fumbling the ball away though just doomed their defense for the rest of the game. The Time of Possession difference at Half Time was massive.

It was much better experience than my first 49ers game. That one was way back in 2007 when they played the Falcons. This was the Falcons first year post Michael Vick with Bobby Petrino (before he quit on them) and Alex Smith trying to play on that injured shoulder because Nolan said he wasn't tough enough. In hindsight Nolan thinking Alex Smith wasn't tough is laughable, but both teams were 2-6 then and the game sucked. My wife and I had only been dating for a year back then and it was not a good first NFL Game experience for her.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sluggish start? They had the longest drive in the NFL since the year 2000 to start the game. Niners are getting back to ball control keeping defense fresh and wearing down opponents defense. Stay healthy they will make the playoffs.
Yeah, took them 13 minutes to score 3 points.....sluggish! :-)

The 49ers are a run first team so being able to run is huge. They won't run as effectively against every team, but so far so good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was at the Jaguar game, only my 2nd time getting to see the 49ers live, and it was pretty much a Home Game for the 49ers. The lot we parked in had 49ers canopy and flags up full of tailgaters. Walking to the stadium an hour and a half before kickoff all I saw were 49er jerseys. Inside the stadium it was again pretty much all 49er colors until a few minutes before kickoff Jaguar fans finally showed up. The section we sat in though was all 49er fans.

I didn't realize that opening drive was 20 plays, but I did look up at the clock as we approached the Endzone. I leaned over to my wife and told her the 1st Quarter was nearly over. She gave me a @_@ What!? Expression before looking at the Clock herself. That 1st Quarter felt like it ended right after it started for us. I hated that we kicked a FG to end that Drive. The Jags deciding to go 3 and Out, and then Fumbling the ball away though just doomed their defense for the rest of the game. The Time of Possession difference at Half Time was massive.

It was much better experience than my first 49ers game. That one was way back in 2007 when they played the Falcons. This was the Falcons first year post Michael Vick with Bobby Petrino (before he quit on them) and Alex Smith trying to play on that injured shoulder because Nolan said he wasn't tough enough. In hindsight Nolan thinking Alex Smith wasn't tough is laughable, but both teams were 2-6 then and the game sucked. My wife and I had only been dating for a year back then and it was not a good first NFL Game experience for her.
2nd game?!

I live in Hawaii and i've seen more games than you. haaaa j/k

i was at the Rams Monday night game, what a good game.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd game?!

I live in Hawaii and i've seen more games than you. haaaa j/k

i was at the Rams Monday night game, what a good game.
Yeah growing up in Georgia has made it difficult. I also spent 10 years in Texas in which maybe they came to play Dallas or Houston once. I hate the Cowboys stadium though. Trying to get in and out of that place was a nightmare. It was funny watching all the cars being towed out of the Wal-Mart parking lot across the street. Now that I'm back here I'm stuck waiting for the years they play @Atlanta or @Jacksonville. I think a Vegas trip might be happen though whenever that game comes around.

My dad did at least take me to see Joe Montana play the Falcons on Sunday Night Football back in 94. Sadly he was with the Chiefs then. I'm still glad I got to see him play in person.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah growing up in Georgia has made it difficult. I also spent 10 years in Texas in which maybe they came to play Dallas or Houston once. I hate the Cowboys stadium though. Trying to get in and out of that place was a nightmare. It was funny watching all the cars being towed out of the Wal-Mart parking lot across the street. Now that I'm back here I'm stuck waiting for the years they play @Atlanta or @Jacksonville. I think a Vegas trip might be happen though whenever that game comes around.

My dad did at least take me to see Joe Montana play the Falcons on Sunday Night Football back in 94. Sadly he was with the Chiefs then. I'm still glad I got to see him play in person.
You got me there, i never got to see Montana play (as a 49er). I was too poor back then and couldn't afford it.

I THOUGHT i was going to see Steve Young play, but he got hurt prior and Elvis Grbac started. Yaaaahhhhhh!