• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Rams II

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pretty much was from what I heard and saw.
I wonder why? Usually L.A. fans are quick to jump on the bandwagon when their team is good.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was probably one of the biggest wins over the Rams for the 49ers ever.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. I'm going to miss Garoppolo when he's gone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to lock deebo in his room this week so he doesn’t get COVID. Gotta have him and Garoppolo next week

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... what a gutsy performance. This team has had a ton of missteps throughout the year, but you gotta hand it to them. They aren't quitters and displayed a TON of character in that win. Adversity walking into the game - adversity during the game, and they overcame it all. Just really proud to be a fan today.

Probably JG's best game as a 49er (since 2017), after a shaky start he stood tall and consistently delivered at crucial times in the game. What a clutch performance.

Friggin Amory... couldn't be happier for the kid! That's exactly the type of play that changes a young player's mentality and confidence. Couldn't have come at a better time after the year he had.

I've got no pooh to fling this morning. That's as good a win as you'll see as a fan. Bask in the glory for a week :cool:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... what a gutsy performance. This team has had a ton of missteps throughout the year, but you gotta hand it to them. They aren't quitters and displayed a TON of character in that win. Adversity walking into the game - adversity during the game, and they overcame it all. Just really proud to be a fan today.

Probably JG's best game as a 49er (since 2017), after a shaky start he stood tall and consistently delivered at crucial times in the game. What a clutch performance.

Friggin Amory... couldn't be happier for the kid! That's exactly the type of play that changes a young player's mentality and confidence. Couldn't have come at a better time after the year he had.

I've got no pooh to fling this morning. That's as good a win as you'll see as a fan. Bask in the glory for a week :cool:
Yeah, Garoppolo could have just said "fuck these guys" but he didn't and he led them to victory. we are gonna miss that guy when he's gone, mark my words.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of teams can say they should have won this game or that game. The two #1 seeds. Titans & Packers - In my opinion Niners should have won both of those games. Totally dominated the Titans in first half and it took a lucky play for the Packers to win. Either way this team is right there. They have the capability to win in Dallas, TB & GB.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of teams can say they should have won this game or that game. The two #1 seeds. Titans & Packers - In my opinion Niners should have won both of those games. Totally dominated the Titans in first half and it took a lucky play for the Packers to win. Either way this team is right there. They have the capability to win in Dallas, TB & GB.
Lot of truth here... gives you hope that they believe they can run with the best of what's out there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but I just hate it when the pundits start saying "Nobody wants to play the 49ersin the playoffs "because that is always when the 49ers shit the bed just like they did in Tennessee. They are a very good team which is why I cannot understand why they want to dump p the leader, the guy who turned the whole franchise around with his arrival and gave this team hope for an unproven rookie

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Garoppolo could have just said "fuck these guys" but he didn't and he led them to victory. we are gonna miss that guy when he's gone, mark my words.
He's a pro... it was never in his best interest to say "fuck these guys". Coming out and performing like he did was the BEST thing he could do for his checkbook and legacy. That's why I have so much respect for him, honestly.

We may miss him when he's gone but it is what it is at this point. If the team keeps JG, there will be a huge cost to it given the draft capital spent on Lance. I hope that JG lands where he's happy and succeeds and Lance is friggin awesome. Win- win-win.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a pro... it was never in his best interest to say "fuck these guys". Coming out and performing like he did was the BEST thing he could do for his checkbook and legacy. That's why I have so much respect for him, honestly.

We may miss him when he's gone but it is what it is at this point. If the team keeps JG, there will be a huge cost to it given the draft capital given up for Lance. I hope that JG lands where he's happy and succeeds and Lance is friggin awesome. Win- win-win.
I guarantee we will miss him when he's gone. His arrival in 2017 changed the whole atmosphere around this team. They were the worst team in the league. They had just come off of 4-12 and 2-14 years and were in the midst of a 1 and 10 year when in comes Garoppolo and with the addition of this one guy, no one else, they finish 6 and 10 beating four playoff teams.
All this nonsense about Garoppolo benefitting from a strong run game and a strong defense in ridiculous. The 33-15 record with Garoppolo as opposed to the 8 -28 record when he doesn't play speaks for itself. If it was the running game and the defense then why didn't they win with the other QBs?
To ditch this winner for an unproven rookie is mind boggling. The problem with the 49ers is not Garoppolo, in fact its quite the opposite.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee we will miss him when he's gone. His arrival in 2017 changed the whole atmosphere around this team. They were the worst team in the league. They had just come off of 4-12 and 2-14 years and were in the midst of a 1 and 10 year when in comes Garoppolo and with the addition of this one guy, no one else, they finish 6 and 10 beating four playoff teams.
All this nonsense about Garoppolo benefitting from a strong run game and a strong defense in ridiculous. The 33-15 record with Garoppolo as opposed to the 8 -28 record when he doesn't play speaks for itself. If it was the running game and the defense then why didn't they win with the other QBs?
To ditch this winner for an unproven rookie is mind boggling. The problem with the 49ers is not Garoppolo, in fact its quite the opposite.
I don't disagree with you... I just don't know what to do with this information. The die was cast when they traded 3 #1 picks to get Lance. The best thing for the team is that JG plays well, they trade him for what now looks like a potential round #2/#3 pick, transition to Lance and Lance crushes it.

It's not like I'm saying they "won't" miss JG when he's gone. I'm just saying he's most likely gone - outside of winning the SB. In which case, all bets are off!! Otherwise, this regime will have serious egg on their face. I could be wrong... maybe they'll pay JG another $25M next year and let Lance ride the bench... but they'll look like idiots for doing that given our needs in other positions, so I highly doubt they want to go down that path.

They aren't getting rid of Shanahan or Lynch at this point, so debating their culpability is kinda meaningless. I'm just hoping for the best for everyone. I really do like JG. But his previous performance has contributed to this entire situation, so I somewhat understand why the team made a "drastic" move.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you... I just don't know what to do with this information. The die was cast when they traded 3 #1 picks to get Lance. The best thing for the team is that JG plays well, they trade him for what now looks like a potential round #2/#3 pick, transition to Lance and Lance crushes it.

It's not like I'm saying they "won't" miss JG when he's gone. I'm just saying he's most likely gone - outside of winning the SB. In which case, all bets are off!! Otherwise, this regime will have serious egg on their face. I could be wrong... maybe they'll pay JG another $25M next year and let Lance ride the bench... but they'll look like idiots for doing that given our needs in other positions, so I highly doubt they want to go down that path.

They aren't getting rid of Shanahan or Lynch at this point, so debating their culpability is kinda meaningless. I'm just hoping for the best for everyone. I really do like JG. But his previous performance has contributed to this entire situation, so I somewhat understand why the team made a "drastic" move.
You are right, there is nothing to be done after the decision to mortgage the future for Lance was made. Its just a rant on my part because I am tired of listening to all the nonsense about Garoppolo being successful only because of the defense and the running game. The "with Garoppolo/without Garoppolo" records shoot that down completely.
Lastly, his "previous performance" is having the best winning percentage of any quarterback in 49er history. He's not Joe Montana or Steve Young, but who is? Bottom line is the 49ers have a horrendous record without him and a great record with him. Okay, I'm finsihed ranting.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, there is nothing to be done after the decision to mortgage the future for Lance was made. Its just a rant on my part because I am tired of listening to all the nonsense about Garoppolo being successful only because of the defense and the running game. The "with Garoppolo/without Garoppolo" records shoot that down completely.
Lastly, his "previous performance" is having the best winning percentage of any quarterback in 49er history. He's not Joe Montana or Steve Young, but who is? Bottom line is the 49ers have a horrendous record without him and a great record with him. Okay, I'm finsihed ranting.
I just hope it all f@cking works out. Last summer, I was so pissed at JG after another year of injuries. Then I was pissed off at the front office for trading all of our picks away. Then I was trying to be zen. Then I hoped they picked the right guy. Then they picked the unexpected guy. Then it didn't look like they picked the right guy. Now I don't know if they picked the right guy. But they're in the playoffs and actually look like they can compete with the best of the best on any given Sunday. Cheers! Godammit if the NFL doesn't do this every single year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope it all f@cking works out. Last summer, I was so pissed at JG after another year of injuries. Then I was pissed off at the front office for trading all of our picks away. Then I was trying to be zen. Then I hoped they picked the right guy. Then they picked the unexpected guy. Then it didn't look like they picked the right guy. Now I don't know if they picked the right guy. But they're in the playoffs and actually look like they can compete with the best of the best on any given Sunday. Cheers! Godammit if the NFL doesn't do this every single year.
Ha ha. You've just perfectly described the life of a 49er fan. It ain't easy. This was the greatest final Sunday in NFL history. It went down to the final second of the final game before the last two playoff teams were decided.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

haaa, funny stuff

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The reason the 49ers are tough now is clearly the defensive front and running game. The 49ers are looked at as a physical team and it is displayed by the defensive front and running game. JG isn't the first thing other teams think of, when playing these 49ers.

JG obviously played well enough to get us this far, because you can't get this far with a lousy QB. If you look at this overall season, it didn't need to come down to a second Rams win. Just one more game where JG played well, would've avoided this drama entirely. That is what i am saying with 'inconsistent", but that's the nature of overreaction/taking it to the extreme.

I won't even get to stretching it into other topics. :-)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the 49ers are tough now is clearly the defensive front and running game. The 49ers are looked at as a physical team and it is displayed by the defensive front and running game. JG isn't the first thing other teams think of, when playing these 49ers.

JG obviously played well enough to get us this far, because you can't get this far with a lousy QB. If you look at this overall season, it didn't need to come down to a second Rams win. Just one more game where JG played well, would've avoided this drama entirely. That is what i am saying with 'inconsistent", but that's the nature of overreaction/taking it to the extreme.

I won't even get to stretching it into other topics. :-)
Or one more game where the defense can hold a lead with 37 second to go with no timeouts for the opposition and the ball on their own 20. Or maybe one where the defense can hold a team at home without Kyler Murray, DeAndre Hopkins and AJ Green to less than 31 points

Man, you just can't help yourself with the Garoppolo nonsense. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? The winningest quarterback the 49ers have ever had and you hate the guy.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the biggest regular season games the team has had in a LONG time. Personally, I'm amazed we won. Missing our best players at LT, RT, RB, CB, LB3, and our QB has an injured throwing hand, but we still won against a surging Rams team in a win-or-go-home game.

It was tale of two halves. Until the last drive of the first half, Grop was on the verge of getting benched (2 picks and a fumble) and the team of getting blown out. Instead, down 17-0, the team rallies, gets a last minute FG before halftime, adjustments get made in the locker room, and a different football team comes out in the 2nd half--and proceeds to kick the shit out of the Rams for the next 2 quarters and OT.

During halftime, someone must've reminded Shanny to run the ball. Only 6 first half running plays. Mitchell alone got 15 carries in the 2nd half, ending with 21 carries for 85 yards.

The stats for Aiyuk and Jennings tells you just how focused the Ram defense was on Deebo and Kittle. Kittle had 5 catches for all 10 yards, and sure, Deebo got his 150 total yards and a TD or 2, but when Aiyuk and Jennings get 95 yards apiece, it says our coaches shifted the playcalling and the players stepped up when needed. Both Kittle and Deebo were defender-magnets in the Ram's zone defense which opened up space for Aiyuk and Jennings.
--Jennings has gotten better the more games he's played. Aiyuk should be worried about the 7th rd pick from Tennessee
--Aiyuk answered the call. Started the season in the doghouse, but got better as the season went on (and no drops this time!)
--Little surprised we didn't throw a few balls to Juice underneath, as he had some room in this game, but it worked, so what do I know?

McKivitz at LT....he was far from great, but he wasn't a turnstile either. Not bad for someone that hadn't taken a single snap at OT all year. Definitely a finesse player, he lacks ideal range, reach, power and speed, but he wasn't a gaping hole by any means. Gotta hope he gets more chances in the future--might not be a good practice player, and certainly doesn't pass the eye test--more of a "eh, he's ok" player, but that's all ya need from a backup OT. I was shocked he was as good as he was (and he was far from great).

Honestly, the biggest surprise for me was the play of the Niner defense.
--The rams running game was DOA. The front 7 gave no running room. So it was entirely on the LAR passing game
--with the Ram blocking focusing on Bosa, Armstead finally showed up (2.5 sacks)
--Key got several QB hits and continued to show himself as a nice waiver pickup
--DJ jones clogged the middle and even got a sack
--only a .5 sack for Bosa, but he had 2 TFL, and Warner, Tart each had one
--Ambry Thomas had his best game as a 9er, game-sealing INT, but also in for 65 snaps w/o ever hearing his name (good thing for a CB)
--DPI and defensive holding didn't show up to bite us in the butt

Kudos to the coaches in this one too. Nice adjustments to go with timely wrinkles and blitzes.

Honestly, after we failed to score in the 4th quarter in our next to last drive, I thought we were dead. Instead, we got a 3 n out, scored a TD, kept the Rams from scoring in regulation, and scored points in OT and the game-sealing turnover in OT. It's like the opposite of the GB game. Weird.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the biggest regular season games the team has had in a LONG time. Personally, I'm amazed we won. Missing our best players at LT, RT, RB, CB, LB3, and our QB has an injured throwing hand, but we still won against a surging Rams team in a win-or-go-home game.

It was tale of two halves. Until the last drive of the first half, Grop was on the verge of getting benched (2 picks and a fumble) and the team of getting blown out. Instead, down 17-0, the team rallies, gets a last minute FG before halftime, adjustments get made in the locker room, and a different football team comes out in the 2nd half--and proceeds to kick the shit out of the Rams for the next 2 quarters and OT.

During halftime, someone must've reminded Shanny to run the ball. Only 6 first half running plays. Mitchell alone got 15 carries in the 2nd half, ending with 21 carries for 85 yards.

The stats for Aiyuk and Jennings tells you just how focused the Ram defense was on Deebo and Kittle. Kittle had 5 catches for all 10 yards, and sure, Deebo got his 150 total yards and a TD or 2, but when Aiyuk and Jennings get 95 yards apiece, it says our coaches shifted the playcalling and the players stepped up when needed. Both Kittle and Deebo were defender-magnets in the Ram's zone defense which opened up space for Aiyuk and Jennings.
--Jennings has gotten better the more games he's played. Aiyuk should be worried about the 7th rd pick from Tennessee
--Aiyuk answered the call. Started the season in the doghouse, but got better as the season went on (and no drops this time!)
--Little surprised we didn't throw a few balls to Juice underneath, as he had some room in this game, but it worked, so what do I know?

McKivitz at LT....he was far from great, but he wasn't a turnstile either. Not bad for someone that hadn't taken a single snap at OT all year. Definitely a finesse player, he lacks ideal range, reach, power and speed, but he wasn't a gaping hole by any means. Gotta hope he gets more chances in the future--might not be a good practice player, and certainly doesn't pass the eye test--more of a "eh, he's ok" player, but that's all ya need from a backup OT. I was shocked he was as good as he was (and he was far from great).

Honestly, the biggest surprise for me was the play of the Niner defense.
--The rams running game was DOA. The front 7 gave no running room. So it was entirely on the LAR passing game
--with the Ram blocking focusing on Bosa, Armstead finally showed up (2.5 sacks)
--Key got several QB hits and continued to show himself as a nice waiver pickup
--DJ jones clogged the middle and even got a sack
--only a .5 sack for Bosa, but he had 2 TFL, and Warner, Tart each had one
--Ambry Thomas had his best game as a 9er, game-sealing INT, but also in for 65 snaps w/o ever hearing his name (good thing for a CB)
--DPI and defensive holding didn't show up to bite us in the butt

Kudos to the coaches in this one too. Nice adjustments to go with timely wrinkles and blitzes.

Honestly, after we failed to score in the 4th quarter in our next to last drive, I thought we were dead. Instead, we got a 3 n out, scored a TD, kept the Rams from scoring in regulation, and scored points in OT and the game-sealing turnover in OT. It's like the opposite of the GB game. Weird.
Ha ha. That was the longest post I’ve ever seen on any thread in this forum but I get it. It’s so unbelievable and so exciting. I even watched a replay of the game the next day in the NFL channel and Seeing it a second time, I still can’t believe we won that game