• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary 'The Glove' Payton: The NBA is soft!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I hear you. I'm only on twitter for sport related reasons. It is great if you're a sports fans and you follow not your only your team beat writers/reporters but national guys as well

Here's the thing with twitter and how something stupid gets blown up into something even stupider. People are criticizing Oscar for saying that the way to stop Curry is to stay on top of him.

That is exactly how you stop him. Although, slow him is probably a more accurate term since stopping him seems to be impossible right now. The problem is, that's a very, very difficult thing to do and impossible to do for an entire game. But the best way to slow him is to stay on him so you can force him to pass or not allow him to get the ball in the first place.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with twitter and how something stupid gets blown up into something even stupider. People are criticizing Oscar for saying that the way to stop Curry is to stay on top of him.

That is exactly how you stop him. Although, slow him is probably a more accurate term since stopping him seems to be impossible right now. The problem is, that's a very, very difficult thing to do and impossible to do for an entire game. But the best way to slow him is to stay on him so you can force him to pass or not allow him to get the ball in the first place.

That's not the only thing he said.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue is teams been doing this all year long so his point is irrelevant. If you didn't watch basketball and listened to Robertson comments, you would be under the impression that most of Curry shots are uncontested due to lazy defense which is obviously not the case

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young guys need to Let it Go and remember that in a few years, they'll be the one's bitching about the younger generation.
You guys need to stop assuming that people with perspective are young.

Gary Payton and Steph Curry played completely different games. What hasn't changed is winning and the Warriors are doing that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA really needs to silence the Mark Cuban types who say the 3pt line needs to be moved back. They Curry would be the only guy in the NBA hitting 3pters and the Warriors might never lose.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA really needs to silence the Mark Cuban types who say the 3pt line needs to be moved back. They Curry would be the only guy in the NBA hitting 3pters and the Warriors might never lose.

I was thinking the same.

Although, I am pretty sure he was talking about moving it a few inches. Corner 3s kind of have to be the same unless they widen the court, and if the moves the line 9 inches or so, I don't think the impact would be all that significant.

Now, if they moved it back a couple feet, then good luck to everybody not named Curry.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is teams been doing this all year long so his point is irrelevant. If you didn't watch basketball and listened to Robertson comments, you would be under the impression that most of Curry shots are uncontested due to lazy defense which is obviously not the case

The point isn't irrelevant. Just because you got a vagina full of sand over them doesn't make them wrong or irrelevant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to stop assuming that people with perspective are young.

Gary Payton and Steph Curry played completely different games. What hasn't changed is winning and the Warriors are doing that.

I don't assume people with perspective are young. I assume people who lack perspective are young.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point isn't irrelevant. Just because you got a vagina full of sand over them doesn't make them wrong or irrelevant.

It's irrelevant because he suggested something teams have been doing on Curry for years. It isn't rocket science that if you want to attempt to slow down Curry, you should get up on him and not give him any space. This guy isn't exactly getting a bunch of uncontested looks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's irrelevant because he suggested something teams have been doing on Curry for years. It isn't rocket science that if you want to attempt to slow down Curry, you should get up on him and not give him any space. This guy isn't exactly getting a bunch of uncontested looks.

It's the only strategy that even has a chance of working, that alone makes it relevant. It's hilarious how upset you are over Oscar's comments.

Apparently he has done something terrible to you. It might do you some good to tell us all about it. Get it off your chest en sech.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only strategy that even has a chance of working, that alone makes it relevant. It's hilarious how upset you are over Oscar's comments.

Apparently he has done something terrible to you. It might do you some good to tell us all about it. Get it off your chest en sech.

Not upset at all. As Baron Davis said he needs to get League Pass and watch more basketball....especially Warriors basketball

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry gets touched or misses a shot, he flops. Seems like a lot of players just flop now, it's bc of how pussified the league is now. It is a lot easier to get a shot off now then back in the day, maybe that is the reason while the 3 ball is so important in today's league. Why get banged up in the post when you can shoot a jumpshot. A guy that can shoot the 3 ball like Curry is definitely a hard feat, especially how great he is, but a guy that goes to the rim hard---now that is basketball and shows toughness. Shows how the game has really changed, it isn't even a physical game anymore and if it is somewhat physical a foul is called. It is what it is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry gets touched or misses a shot, he flops. Seems like a lot of players just flop now, it's bc of how pussified the league is now. It is a lot easier to get a shot off now then back in the day, maybe that is the reason while the 3 ball is so important in today's league. Why get banged up in the post when you can shoot a jumpshot. A guy that can shoot the 3 ball like Curry is definitely a hard feat, especially how great he is, but a guy that goes to the rim hard---now that is basketball and shows toughness. Shows how the game has really changed, it isn't even a physical game anymore and if it is somewhat physical a foul is called. It is what it is.

Far too much is made of flopping. Jordan and Karl Malone used to flop too.

When Jordan would shoot his patented post fade-away, often times he would hit the floor and use his hands to make his body slide an extra 10 feet or so. That is embellishing contact and is a form of flopping. Malone did the same thing.

Because a player embellishes contact to get a whistle does not make them a pussy, it makes them smart. soccer players faking injury is weak, flopping to get a call is not the same.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far too much is made of flopping. Jordan and Karl Malone used to flop too.

When Jordan would shoot his patented post fade-away, often times he would hit the floor and use his hands to make his body slide an extra 10 feet or so. That is embellishing contact and is a form of flopping. Malone did the same thing.

Because a player embellishes contact to get a whistle does not make them a pussy, it makes them smart. soccer players faking injury is weak, flopping to get a call is not the same.

I agree, you just didn't hear about it nearly as much back then. Regardless, the game has changed and sometimes players resort to flopping to get an unfair advantage. There is a difference between drawing contact and fake the contact to get a call. With the way Curry shoots it gives him a great advantage, basically unguardable. Not saying he is the only one, bc there are lots of players who do it. I am actually surprised he doesn't get fouled harder when going to the hope, a good hard foul. And to make it clear, I mean the NBA in general is pussified.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People get nostalgic and think that things were tougher back then, but I read somewhere that the truth is that more fouls were called back in the '80s and '90s, so arguably, players back then were more protected by the referees. There's a lot of contact that goes uncalled in today's game. Curry gets held pretty much every time when he doesn't have the ball and is trying to get open.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, you just didn't hear about it nearly as much back then. Regardless, the game has changed and sometimes players resort to flopping to get an unfair advantage. There is a difference between drawing contact and fake the contact to get a call. With the way Curry shoots it gives him a great advantage, basically unguardable. Not saying he is the only one, bc there are lots of players who do it. I am actually surprised he doesn't get fouled harder when going to the hope, a good hard foul. And to make it clear, I mean the NBA in general is pussified.

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I honestly don't see Curry faking contact when he is shooting. He doesn't have to do that. He's just focused on his shot. A lot of players fake and draw contact when they know they don't have much of a chance of actually making the shot. Curry obviously has great confidence that he will make the shot.