• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary 'The Glove' Payton: The NBA is soft!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I honestly don't see Curry faking contact when he is shooting. He doesn't have to do that. He's just focused on his shot. A lot of players fake and draw contact when they know they don't have much of a chance of actually making the shot. Curry obviously has great confidence that he will make the shot.

He doesn't do it nearly as often as @Shanemansj13 is making it seem but I've seen him do it once or twice

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't do it nearly as often as @Shanemansj13 is making it seem but I've seen him do it once or twice

I see him get contact when he drives, but it's mostly because the opponent wants to make contact and get physical. I thought Shane was talking about the jump shots. Maybe I'm wrong, I honestly don't see Curry going out of his way and changing his jump shooting form to draw fouls on jump shots. I think he just shoots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get nostalgic and think that things were tougher back then, but I read somewhere that the truth is that more fouls were called back in the '80s and '90s, so arguably, players back then were more protected by the referees. There's a lot of contact that goes uncalled in today's game. Curry gets held pretty much every time when he doesn't have the ball and is trying to get open.

Definitely true, IMO. Far more incidental contact today. The difference is that they took out the non-basketball plays.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him get contact when he drives, but it's mostly because the opponent wants to make contact and get physical. I thought Shane was talking about the jump shots. Maybe I'm wrong, I honestly don't see Curry going out of his way and changing his jump shooting form to draw fouls on jump shots. I think he just shoots.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't clear. Curry gets plenty of calls. Not sure it's bc he isn't the biggest guy but he contorts his body into players while driving a lot...and he is good at it. It seems like a bigger guy like Lebrob used to get the calls but he has definitely getting less calls then ever this year and doesn't even try to draw much contact. He just drives hard to paint and probably gets hit more than anyone in the NBA. Obviously it bc he goes to the basket a lot, but I have seen less calls in this favor this year.