• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett Scott waived due to rare heart condition

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, hope the kid is alright

Last edited by a moderator:

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, kind of crappy. Pretty certain he still gets the signing bonus and some other benefits of the contract, so that's nice, at least.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, kind of crappy. Pretty certain he still gets the signing bonus and some other benefits of the contract, so that's nice, at least.

I read that he'll still get he may still get his salary for this year too if he goes to IR.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what a bummer. Poor kid.

Finally made it to the league (no small task) and has his career shut down before it even starts.

I wish him the best.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to the young guy. The money paid out to him most likely will be needed.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be paying him his signing bonus and first year salary while he is listed with a non football related injury designation.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't this condition caught earlier? Between the college and pre-draft medical checks you would think this would have been noticed before now. Its not as if the condition just suddenly came up.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that the Seahawks learned of his condition before they signed him. They let him sign anyway then waived him allowing him to keep his signing bonus and salary.

What a class move. Gotta love this team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very much for the kid because hell i know how it is. Not being able to live your dreams and what your put on this earth for.

When i was 9. My left ear drum ruptured because of a ear infection. I had numerous surgeries (10 i think) to repair the issue that started when i was 12. Got it better twice and came back. Finally 2 years ago (in September) had once final surgery to get every last piece of infection and to seal it over. Left me with little hearing in my left(Can't hear whispering but can hear talking) and the bone that protects your skull gone

During that time. There was only thing i wanted to do. Play fucking football. However with my medical issues this was a no go. Until they got solved..................... when i was 28

I hope Garrett does what i did. Sometimes you got to adept with the punches and choose a another path. Mine is a sophmore (or second year in Canada) Political Science Major with a background in International Politics. Hopes of becoming a TV news corespondent in the states and the long term dream of being a National news anchor

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very much for the kid because hell i know how it is. Not being able to live your dreams and what your put on this earth for.

When i was 9. My left ear drum ruptured because of a ear infection. I had numerous surgeries (10 i think) to repair the issue. The surgeries started when i was 12. Got it better twice and came back. Finally 2 years ago (in September) had once final surgery to get every last piece of infection and to seal it over. Left me with little hearing in my left(Can't hear whispering but can hear talking) and the bone that protects your skull gone

During that time. There was only thing i wanted to do. Play fucking football. However with my medical issues this was a no go. Until they got solved..................... when i was 28

I hope Garrett does what i did. Sometimes you got to adept with the punches and choose a another path. Mine is a sophmore (or second year in Canada) Political Science Major with a background in International Politics. Hopes of becoming a TV news corespondent in the states and the long term dream of being a National news anchor

Had to fix something

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy move by this organization to sign him first.... Just another reason why I love this team... Wish this guy the best and I hope his heart condition is treatable and he lives a long productive life...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely done by Seattle's front office. Respect.