• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett reinstated

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you lie about swinging a helmet? We all saw him do it lol.

The fact he said he called him a racial slur...none of us really know, I think he lied but no real proof
Well, you know very well that I wasn't referring to the swing. So...

The post was in jest, a sarcastic narration. Nothing more really.

But I do think if you are going to make that accusation then you should offer proof, not the other way around. And when no evidence exists (no mic picked it up, no player overheard it, and nobody in his locker room heard him mention it afterward) I think it's safe to assume he's a lying scumbag.

I can forgive the swing. It's not good, and punishment was deserved, but it's a violent game. Mason was being a punk too. Take your punishment and move on. What I can't forgive is not being man enough to own it and being willing to drag someone's name through the mud to absolve yourself.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been two other instances of someone swinging a helmet at someone else's head (Antonio Smith of the Texans and Nevin Lawsone of the Raiders), they were each suspended one game.

I realize that but that was weak ass punishment IMO. If he was a civilian and did that in public, he would have had assault charges brought against him.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he complete his anger management course?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that but that was weak ass punishment IMO. If he was a civilian and did that in public, he would have had assault charges brought against him.
So would every single NFL and NHL guy who has ever hit a guy in a game, which happens multiple times over the course of a season, especially in hockey. There are tons of non-football related things that happen during games that would constitute assault in real life.

Not only was he suspended 6 games, but he had to go convince Goodell to reinstate him and not lengthen the suspension. He's been nothing but a role model as a player during his time in the pros, so that was taken into account. Also, not sure if you know, but there is a section of the NFL rulebook that actually address NFL players hitting another player with a helmet as a weapon, and Garrett's suspension exceeded that as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you know very well that I wasn't referring to the swing. So...

The post was in jest, a sarcastic narration. Nothing more really.

But I do think if you are going to make that accusation then you should offer proof, not the other way around. And when no evidence exists (no mic picked it up, no player overheard it, and nobody in his locker room heard him mention it afterward) I think it's safe to assume he's a lying scumbag.

I can forgive the swing. It's not good, and punishment was deserved, but it's a violent game. Mason was being a punk too. Take your punishment and move on. What I can't forgive is not being man enough to own it and being willing to drag someone's name through the mud to absolve yourself.

I'm not sure how you can offer proof, he could have mumbled...who really knows. Like I said, not sure if true or false but that is really beyond the point. He still admitted what he did was wrong...time to move on

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The browns just praising character.

He has been a good character guy his entire career. He's had some temper problems ON THE FIELD, I think everyone that has played a sport knows what a competitive athlete can do and when they can go too far. He's gone too far on the football field on many occassions. He suffered for his actions (as far as playing the game he loves)...I don't see anyone saying it was okay what he did on the football field but he hasn't had any off the field issues so big difference. He just needs to control his temper while playing the game bc he also gets way too many penalties as well

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been a good character guy his entire career. He's had some temper problems ON THE FIELD, I think everyone that has played a sport knows what a competitive athlete can do and when they can go too far. He's gone too far on the football field on many occassions. He suffered for his actions (as far as playing the game he loves)...I don't see anyone saying it was okay what he did on the football field but he hasn't had any off the field issues so big difference. He just needs to control his temper while playing the game bc he also gets way too many penalties as well
:rolleyes2:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would every single NFL and NHL guy who has ever hit a guy in a game, which happens multiple times over the course of a season, especially in hockey. There are tons of non-football related things that happen during games that would constitute assault in real life.

Not only was he suspended 6 games, but he had to go convince Goodell to reinstate him and not lengthen the suspension. He's been nothing but a role model as a player during his time in the pros, so that was taken into account. Also, not sure if you know, but there is a section of the NFL rulebook that actually address NFL players hitting another player with a helmet as a weapon, and Garrett's suspension exceeded that as well.

All right. Good point :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be honest the Steelers qb started the fiasco and deserved what he got
I guess you should hope you never say anything to someone, and get a 2x4 to the head.

certainly you would be deserving. But it likely won't happen, because it's assault, and people generally don't smash things off your head for words.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you saw what happened to the last guy who crossed him. Wouldn't you reinstate him too?