• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make either of these trades?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is pretty damn good. Top tier WR2
He’s one of 4 or 5 guys, who aren’t thought of as their teams #1, but I’d be good with starting as my #1.

If you’ve got another guy who you trust to outscore him week to week, you’re setting real good at receiver.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys valuing aiyuk like a too 12 guy?

Every single one of his catches this year have gone for a 1st down or TD, adot over 16 right now in the most efficient and one of the most talented offenses in the league.

Competes with CMC and Deebo when they're all healthy, Kittle takes a backseat when the WRs are on the field, pretty sure the stats the last couple seasons show a strong correlation in Kittle spike weeks and Deebo or Aiyuk injured/out

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single one of his catches this year have gone for a 1st down or TD, adot over 16 right now in the most efficient and one of the most talented offenses in the league.

Competes with CMC and Deebo when they're all healthy, Kittle takes a backseat when the WRs are on the field, pretty sure the stats the last couple seasons show a strong correlation in Kittle spike weeks and Deebo or Aiyuk injured/out
it does. And I agree with you and @Shanemansj13 I just get nervous and clarify things lol. I have that offer on the table right now. Aiyuk for ford straight up. Im going to try and sell gibbs and either michael thomas or hopkins for garret wilson as well.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to try and sell gibbs and either michael thomas or hopkins for garret wilson as well.

last week I would've said don't bother, but can't argue with 14 targets, even if they were Zach Wilson targets. The demise of the Milf Hunter was greatly exaggerated and sure doesn't hurt learning behind one of the best QBs of this generation

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completed a trade yesterday in a 12tm half ppr redraft

sent: Kyren Williams
received: Anthony Richardson

my remaining RBs: Barkley, Swift, Pierce, Spears

Thought process:
I had been playing the QB and DST stream game very unsuccessfully so far this season in this league. Seems to be the usual for me in this league, I always have my worst team of the year in the same league, and the other owners aren't even that good I just can't get out of my own way.
I had Stafford the last 2 weeks hoping for some stack magic with Puka and Kyren. Got it last week in Indy but still fell short after opponent had Aiden O'Connell's #1 WR, Josh Jacobs, in the afternoon game and I needed a 2nd DK Metcalf TD on MNF to have a chance.
Richardson has a lot of learning to do yet at the NFL level, but everything I've seen so far in Steichen's offense, it is looking like a really good fit for fantasy purposes.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just deebo been getting work
Again. Concerns me.
Deebo got his when Aiyuk missed the game with injury.
1st game back Aiyuk was over the century mark again.
Excluding McCaffrey. I believe Aiyuk will be the highest scoring skill player for the Niners this season

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo got his when Aiyuk missed the game with injury.
1st game back Aiyuk was over the century mark again.
Excluding McCaffrey. I believe Aiyuk will be the highest scoring skill player for the Niners this season
I do too. But the amount of mouths concerns me. Thats all.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one league I'm in (half-PPR), I drafted Hockenson and took a late round flyer on LaPorta. Normally I don't carry two TEs but I've been historically terrible with TEs so I figured I'd up my chance of getting one that would be solid. Well now I have two that are solid. But even though I could play both (TE is flex eligible), I think it'd be best to trade one.

So what do you think the type of return you could get for Hock or LaPorta? You could give some examples of guys you'd target or just say stuff like WR1 or solid RB2, etc. I'm not listing more specific trades because I kinda don't know where to start and just want to get an idea about what to look for when I start scouting the other teams. Fwiw, I'd probably look for a WR or RB in return.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one league I'm in (half-PPR), I drafted by Hockenson and took a late round flyer on LaPorta. Normally I don't carry two TEs but I've been historically terrible with TEs so I figured I'd up my chance of getting one that would be solid. Well now I have two that are solid. But even though I could play both (TE is flex eligible), I think it'd be best to trade one.

So what do you think the type of return you could get for Hock or LaPorta? You could give some examples of guys you'd target or just say stuff like WR1 or solid RB2, etc. I'm not listing more specific trades because I kinda don't know where to start and just want to get an idea about what to look for when I start scouting the other teams. Fwiw, I'd probably look for a WR or RB in return.
Now might be the highest the market will get for LaPorta after today. He’s not going to be Goff’s #1 target often.

Only hangup on moving one, you’ll have to go dumpster diving during the bye week of whoever you keep. Both guys don’t have theirs until November.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now might be the highest the market will get for LaPorta after today. He’s not going to be Goff’s #1 target often.

Only hangup on moving one, you’ll have to go dumpster diving during the bye week of whoever you keep. Both guys don’t have theirs until November.

Yeah, that's true. But I figure since its past the trade deadline, its not really worth it to keep them both without exploring. If I'm not playing both each week, then its just a guy sitting on my bench I'm not gonna use

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one league I'm in (half-PPR), I drafted Hockenson and took a late round flyer on LaPorta. Normally I don't carry two TEs but I've been historically terrible with TEs so I figured I'd up my chance of getting one that would be solid. Well now I have two that are solid. But even though I could play both (TE is flex eligible), I think it'd be best to trade one.

I have the same issue in one of my money leagues. I think Hock will have more value so I am trying to trade Hock and Mostert for Kupp. This guy has a terrible team and he used his keeper on Kupp. He offered me a deal for Kupp but he was asking way too much. I have a lot of depth at RB and 2 TE's. I think the way to go is to try and trade one of the TE's. I can't have Laporta sitting on my bench all year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same issue in one of my money leagues. I think Hock will have more value so I am trying to trade Hock and Mostert for Kupp. This guy has a terrible team and he used his keeper on Kupp. He offered me a deal for Kupp but he was asking way too much. I have a lot of depth at RB and 2 TE's. I think the way to go is to try and trade one of the TE's. I can't have Laporta sitting on my bench all year.

after last week Kupp owners are going to treat Kupp like the first round value he was before the injury... in no way would Mostert and Hock be enough... and whatever he offered originally, unless it was one of THOSE offers, is probably closer to what you would have to give...

IMO trading Laporta is the better idea, because outside of Kielce, nobody pays for the high end TE... I mean, at best you would get is probably Damien Pierce, or any other low end RB 2, or a WR3 for Hock...

I think id rather trade Laporta and get a Najee Harris...and then cross my fingers and hope Najee comes back to life at some point...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after last week Kupp owners are going to treat Kupp like the first round value he was before the injury... in no way would Mostert and Hock be enough... and whatever he offered originally, unless it was one of THOSE offers, is probably closer to what you would have to give...

IMO trading Laporta is the better idea, because outside of Kielce, nobody pays for the high end TE... I mean, at best you would get is probably Damien Pierce, or any other low end RB 2, or a WR3 for Hock...

I think id rather trade Laporta and get a Najee Harris...and then cross my fingers and hope Najee comes back to life at some point...
Well I honestly don't need anyone especially not a RB but I feel like I am wasting one of the top TE's production.

He originally offered like me Kupp for Kamara, Mostert and a top WR. This was in like Week 2. Not a chance

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This morning I was looking more into people I might think about and I agree about Kupp. Like Shane, I also have Mostert but I don't think I'd do that deal nor would the other owner accept it. But what about Puka? Seems like he's still gonna be involved quite a bit. Maybe Hock for Puka straight up just to see if they bite and then pivot to Hock + some piece?

I'm also wondering if I could buy low on Johnathan Taylor. His owner in this league has a good fleet of RBs (Henry, Monty, Achane) but no TE (he's streaming week to week). I figure Taylor's role will expand, they didn't pay him for nothing, but is Hock as a centerpiece enough for Taylor?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning I was looking more into people I might think about and I agree about Kupp. Like Shane, I also have Mostert but I don't think I'd do that deal nor would the other owner accept it. But what about Puka? Seems like he's still gonna be involved quite a bit. Maybe Hock for Puka straight up just to see if they bite and then pivot to Hock + some piece?

I'm also wondering if I could buy low on Johnathan Taylor. His owner in this league has a good fleet of RBs (Henry, Monty, Achane) but no TE (he's streaming week to week). I figure Taylor's role will expand, they didn't pay him for nothing, but is Hock as a centerpiece enough for Taylor?

I love the Hock for Puka idea... if the Puka owner is scared at all... they may do it...

thing is,... I think if the owner would do that trade, they would also do it for Laporta...

so its back to your choice of who you want more Laporta or Hock...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Hock for Puka idea... if the Puka owner is scared at all... they may do it...

thing is,... I think if the owner would do that trade, they would also do it for Laporta...

so its back to your choice of who you want more Laporta or Hock...

I'm actually good either way because I don't think there's much difference between Hock/Laporta. I'd rank Hock as TE3 and Laporta is TE4, certainly no lower than 5 imo. So maybe start with an initial offer of Laporta and if they turn it down, try Hock.