• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make either of these trades?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys. This hs me thinking

I get
Garrett wilson, joe mixon, cam akers

I give
Jamyr gibbs
Courtland sutton

If he accepts that, he’s probably drunk.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

think he was referring the overall arrow pointing down for Bengals currently.
Burrow trying to play through injury and they aren't looking very good right now as a whole.

Mixon still dominating all of the backfield touches tho, so his role is not trending down, just his team is

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think he was referring the overall arrow pointing down for Bengals currently.
Burrow trying to play through injury and they aren't looking very good right now as a whole.

Mixon still dominating all of the backfield touches tho, so his role is not trending down, just his team is

Well, that I can agree. Bengals are almost pathetic, as to not being able to foresee this. Playing with fire risking Burrow like that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets try this. I have two owners who really want a RB. I would like to get a wr. this is 1ppr. I probably value collins, kirk, sutton as my top wr's currently.

My roster
1696425288166.png

This guy wants a rb badly. Hes targeting gibbs. Interested mildly in ford. But he wants gibbs/sutton for garrett wilson. So anyone see anything square? If jets would change qbs id do this

This one wants a rb as well, he more wants ford. He however is adamant there is no way he wil trade allen or lamb. So it would be for a lesser wr. Aiyuk and pittman are there, and some other pieces. So again, does anyone see anything. Im really struggling here.

1696425475550.png

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no opinion on the trade.
Trades can be complicated in my own mind.
Garrett Wilson is very good but in a redraft league without Aaron Rodgers, he will be struggling imo in a tough division.
Conversely, while Gibbs is underperformed currently, he plays for an explosive offense in a bad division.
Just food for thought. :2cents:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets try this. I have two owners who really want a RB. I would like to get a wr. this is 1ppr. I probably value collins, kirk, sutton as my top wr's currently.

My roster
View attachment 342202

This guy wants a rb badly. Hes targeting gibbs. Interested mildly in ford. But he wants gibbs/sutton for garrett wilson. So anyone see anything square? If jets would change qbs id do this

This one wants a rb as well, he more wants ford. He however is adamant there is no way he wil trade allen or lamb. So it would be for a lesser wr. Aiyuk and pittman are there, and some other pieces. So again, does anyone see anything. Im really struggling here.

View attachment 342203

I’d move Ford for Aiyuk (first) or Pittman (maybe you could snag a side piece with him)

Gibbs and Sutton for Wilson is probably too much… but like you said, that’s only because of Zack. If that changes, or he gets better, you’d be kicking yourself for not doing it.
But right now, it’s Zack and you can use that to add something to Garrett.

That said… Sutton has been pretty decent and should continue to see red zone looks.
I wonder if instead of Sutton, Michael Thomas gets it done?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d move Ford for Aiyuk (first) or Pittman (maybe you could snag a side piece with him)

Gibbs and Sutton for Wilson is probably too much… but like you said, that’s only because of Zack. If that changes, or he gets better, you’d be kicking yourself for not doing it.

That said… Sutton has been pretty decent and should continue to see red zone looks.
he will add akers in there for wilson, if that matters

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will add akers in there for wilson, if that matters

I don’t think it does.

I edited my last post, wondering if Michael Thomas could get it done instead of Sutton.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no opinion on the trade.
Trades can be complicated in my own mind.
Garrett Wilson is very good but in a redraft league without Aaron Rodgers, he will be struggling imo in a tough division.
Conversely, while Gibbs is underperformed currently, he plays for an explosive offense in a bad division.
Just food for thought. :2cents:

yea... Gibbs is an enigma IMO... you'd think the lions would use him more because of the investment... they may be bringing him in slowly... who knows... But i have a hard time believing he is a total bust...

Wilson, will have good games, but he is going to be impossible to predict because he can only do as well as Zach wilson can take him... and that should be inconsistent... Saleh is also a terrible coach, who wants his defense to win him games... so he is not going to allow zach to lose games, which ultimately also limits him and make it harder for him to win games for them...

at this point, if i can stash Gibbs, i would rather have him on my team than wilson...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea... Gibbs is an enigma IMO... you'd think the lions would use him more because of the investment... they may be bringing him in slowly... who knows... But i have a hard time believing he is a total bust...

Wilson, will have good games, but he is going to be impossible to predict because he can only do as well as Zach wilson can take him... and that should be inconsistent... Saleh is also a terrible coach, who wants his defense to win him games... so he is not going to allow zach to lose games, which ultimately also limits him and make it harder for him to win games for them...

at this point, if i can stash Gibbs, i would rather have him on my team than wilson...

This is a good point because you’re not really hurting at WR, and Wilson only bumps you up if Zack can pull his head out of his ass… consistently. (Or wait for Tannehill to be traded there) ;)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would be looking at Gibbs to turn it on down the stretch. It is not uncommon for rookie RBs to really break out in the 2nd half of the season after they really start "getting it". Sometimes, it takes a little bit to really pick up on things like pass pro and earn the trust of the coaches and QB to even be on the field for the chance to show off the talent they have.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah good points
I think I would be looking at Gibbs to turn it on down the stretch. It is not uncommon for rookie RBs to really break out in the 2nd half of the season after they really start "getting it". Sometimes, it takes a little bit to really pick up on things like pass pro and earn the trust of the coaches and QB to even be on the field for the chance to show off the talent they have.
I agree. I just cant fathom spending a top 10 pick likes this, and being "slow" with a guy that your draft room literally exploded when they got him.......
This is a good point because you’re not really hurting at WR, and Wilson only bumps you up if Zack can pull his head out of his ass… consistently. (Or wait for Tannehill to be traded there) ;)
I kinda am feeling the same way here. I dont feel either are huge upgrades at the moment.
if you can trade Gibbs for Aiyuk do it, NOW
Lots of mouths to feed there, can they keep this up?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if instead of Sutton, Michael Thomas gets it done?
I'm with you here.

Yeah I think trying to get Aiyuk who is underrated is the move here first.

Not really a fan of giving Gibbs and Sutton for Wilson. Not a huge upgrade or anything. Sutton has been good enough, replace him and that might be better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you can trade Gibbs for Aiyuk do it, NOW
Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyuk is the WR1 for SF, might not be bangers every week but he's going to eat.

I'm with you here.

Yeah I think trying to get Aiyuk who is underrated is the move here first.

Not really a fan of giving Gibbs and Sutton for Wilson. Not a huge upgrade or anything. Sutton has been good enough, replace him and that might be better.
Ok so apparently that guy had no interest in gibbs??
He wants ford…so ford for aiyuk? I dumped all my faab on aiyuk