• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 7): SAN FRANCISCO vs. TENNESSEE

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude really... So are you dubbed the internet spelling policeman ?

Just found it rather amusing you missed both the correct spellings with the incorrect one.

I'll let you off with a warning this time, but next time, you're getting a ticket.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found it rather amusing you missed both the correct spellings with the incorrect one.

I'll let you off with a warning this time, but next time, you're getting a ticket.

lol

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jon Baldwin - WR - 49ers

Jon Baldwin (illness) is listed as questionable for Week 7 against the Titans.

Baldwin was demoted back into a rotational player in Week 6, coming off the bench behind Kyle Williams to catch one ball for nine yards. Baldwin can be dropped in 14- and 16-team leagues with Mario Manningham coming back soon.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Oct 18 - 5:01 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mario Manningham - WR - 49ers

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh promised Friday Mario Manningham (knee, PUP) will return to game action "soon."

Harbaugh said Mario looked "really good" during the practice week, but responded "I don't have a crystal ball" when asked for a specific timetable. Manningham's return should upgrade a San Francisco wideout corps that has been shuffling bodies back and forth at the "X" position. They'll look better with Manningham book ending Anquan Boldin, with Vernon Davis at tight end.
Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Oct 18 - 4:38 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mario Manningham - WR - 49ers

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh promised Friday Mario Manningham (knee, PUP) will return to game action "soon."

Harbaugh said Mario looked "really good" during the practice week, but responded "I don't have a crystal ball" when asked for a specific timetable. Manningham's return should upgrade a San Francisco wideout corps that has been shuffling bodies back and forth at the "X" position. They'll look better with Manningham book ending Anquan Boldin, with Vernon Davis at tight end.
Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Oct 18 - 4:38 PM

I'd love to get him back coming out of the bye. Give him a game to get his feet under him before we go into NO.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come game day, no team should sleep on ANY opponent.

True... Any given Sunday.. But human nature can sometimes bite players because they get overconfident because of a teams record or match-up... But your right no opponent should EVER be taken lightly... There all pro's out there...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd love to get him back coming out of the bye. Give him a game to get his feet under him before we go into NO.

I would be extremely surprised if he's not playing against CAR after the bye.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shit. Fitz would have probably given the game away.

On a non-issue for this game itself. I'm glad to hear Locker is healthy and ready to go so soon. When the injury occurred I thought his season was done. Good for him and the Titans.

I'm glad he's playing if we are super bowl contenders we can't be scared of Jake Locker. I'm not saying that's what you meant by the way.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he's playing if we are super bowl contenders we can't be scared of Jake Locker. I'm not saying that's what you meant by the way.

Nah, I was just saying it would have been nice to pick up an easy win on the shoulders of the great interception master Fitzpatrick. Truth be told, I don't expect much out of Locker because of his injury. Being medically cleared to play doesn't mean everything is perfect. If his hip is sore, like I imagine it would be, that might change how well he throws the ball as the game goes on if he takes some sacks or QB hits. His passes might become erratic by the 4th quarter if the 49ers can hit him.

Ironically, this is the first time the 49ers face Gregg Williams after his injure the 49ers rant that got him suspended. I wonder what Gregg's approach to Locker's hip would be... ha.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I was just saying it would have been nice to pick up an easy win on the shoulders of the great interception master Fitzpatrick. Truth be told, I don't expect much out of Locker because of his injury. Being medically cleared to play doesn't mean everything is perfect. If his hip is sore, like I imagine it would be, that might change how well he throws the ball as the game goes on if he takes some sacks or QB hits. His passes might become erratic by the 4th quarter if the 49ers can hit him.

Ironically, this is the first time the 49ers face Gregg Williams after his injure the 49ers rant that got him suspended. I wonder what Gregg's approach to Locker's hip would be... ha.

Never even thought about Gregg Williams. Hopefully they come out with huge hits. Legal hits.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like we had a legit chance to win this game with Ryan Fitzpatrick if we didn't insist on him putting the ball in the air on 75% of plays and if we could establish a run game on the shoulders of Jackie Battle.

In other words, we had no chance.

Jake Locker playing changes all that.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like we had a legit chance to win this game with Ryan Fitzpatrick if we didn't insist on him putting the ball in the air on 75% of plays and if we could establish a run game on the shoulders of Jackie Battle.

In other words, we had no chance.

Jake Locker playing changes all that.

Yep, even a possible gimpy Locker is better than a healthy Fitz. I'm glad that Harbaugh said earlier in the week that they were preparing for the possibility to see Locker, that usually doesn't work out well if a team thought they'd be getting one QB during the week and then got another on Sunday.