• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 4): TEXANS vs. 49ERS

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as we don't abandon the run game, we should be ok and in position to win it...

as for the passing game, sure the big plays are great but Kap should really hit the slants as often as possible, with Boldin n Baldwin getting those catches. We have slants right? I think VD could have a big game if healthy or close to it.

defensively, not so worried.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans will be hungry for a win,and they are tough,the whole game they were matching us hit for hit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got this. its all about the oline. We give Kap time we will be ok. Run Gore and let him open up the passing game. I will say Houston let Wilson run so maybe Kap can get some runs in.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
as long as we don't abandon the run game, we should be ok and in position to win it...

as for the passing game, sure the big plays are great but Kap should really hit the slants as often as possible, with Boldin n Baldwin getting those catches. We have slants right? I think VD could have a big game if healthy or close to it.

defensively, not so worried.

Kap locks on to his receivers way too much. Telegraphing his passes in every game and almost on every pass plays. He's still an elite QB in my eyes though, but I'm saying he should be aware that this particular flaw of his can hurt us this week in the form of a player by the name of Ed Reed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap locks on to his receivers way too much. Telegraphing his passes in every game and almost on every pass plays. He's still an elite QB in my eyes though, but I'm saying he should be aware that this particular flaw of his can hurt us this week in the form of a player by the name of Ed Reed.

This flaw is very apparent IMO... with that being said, do the coaches not see it or try to coach Kap about going through his progressions?(he use to last yr)

Or is Kap "too anxious" back there? THink his mental process is going too fast for his own good.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This flaw is very apparent IMO... with that being said, do the coaches not see it or try to coach Kap about going through his progressions?(he use to last yr)

Or is Kap "too anxious" back there? THink his mental process is going too fast for his own good.

He's still lacking in experience. He doesn't even have a full season under his belt yet. I think they made the adjustment last week vs the Rams. The pistol being shutdown and his lack of experience, plus few weapons is a recipe for disaster, as we saw against the Hawks and Colts. That might have been a blessing in disguise. I don't think Harbaugh and Roman think they can reproduce last years success with the pistol like they did early on.

Hopefully will build off of last weeks performance and get a gritty win against a hungry Texans team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think last year he was just going out there and playing and this year is trying to be that guy. He will be fine. He just needs more experience.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we are favored by 7.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners stick with the power run to open up the pass then I think they will be in a good position. If they go back to all the cutesy horsehit they tried against Seattle and Indy it will be a blowout.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There has been a lot of talk about the Texans' DL. Obviously Watt is an incredible player, but after that I don't see them as being elite. Antonio Smith is a good player, but he's older and not a difference maker. I don't know all that much about Earl Mitchell, but I don't think he's particularly special. Neither Whitney nor Mercilus is as good as the Hawks made them look, though they are both promising young players. We should be able to move the ball on them, as pretty much every team other than the Hawks has done.

NewcastleKEG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither have the 49ers.
Anyone else discouraged at all the "We are back" talk by the players following the Rams beat down?

Almost sounded like them trying to convince each other of it

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else discouraged at all the "We are back" talk by the players following the Rams beat down?

Almost sounded like them trying to convince each other of it

Let's see if the come out scared again.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard them say we went back to power running if that's what you mean by saying we're back?