• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 17): 49ERS vs. CARDINALS

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I absolutely love this from ESPN's Double Coverage:

Williamson: Josh, speaking of Davis, he had a monster game against the Cardinals in October with eight catches for 180 yards. Do you think the Cardinals can contain him Sunday?

Weinfuss: Contain might be the best word here. They're not going to flat-out stop him. But as the Cardinals' defense has shown in recent weeks, it's been able to contain tight ends, limiting players like Jared Cook, Zach Ertz and Delanie Walker to about 50 yards per game against Arizona.

For those keeping score at home, the Cards did more or less contain Jared Cook, holding him to 49 yards to lead the Rams. Ertz had 68 yards and two TDs - in a game in which Brent Celek also put up 29 yards and a TD. That's by far Ertz's best game of his short career. And Walker had 53 yards and a TD, his third-best game. Coby Fleener had 55 yards and a TD the week before the three-game span that Weinfuss mentions.

The Cards are playing great D, but they are very vulnerable to TEs still, and I hope we capitalize on this weakness.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

He’s No. 2: Anquan Boldin had the most receiving yards in a season by a #49ers WR since '02, but said he defers …

… to Michael Crabtree. Boldin, who had nine catches for 149 yards today, finished with 1,179 yards this season.

“I definitely think I was brought here to help out and assist Crab,” Boldin said. “We all know this is his team. He’s the No. 1 receiver here. I was brought in to help him out and I’m looking forward to helping out.”

Boldin’s yardage total is the most by a 49ers wideout since Terrell Owens had 1,300 in 2002.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eric Branch:

He’s No. 2: Anquan Boldin had the most receiving yards in a season by a #49ers WR since '02, but said he defers …

… to Michael Crabtree. Boldin, who had nine catches for 149 yards today, finished with 1,179 yards this season.

“I definitely think I was brought here to help out and assist Crab,” Boldin said. “We all know this is his team. He’s the No. 1 receiver here. I was brought in to help him out and I’m looking forward to helping out.”

Boldin’s yardage total is the most by a 49ers wideout since Terrell Owens had 1,300 in 2002.

Well I hope Crab is taking notes. Classy, classy guy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Notes: Rogers to have MRI on hamstring; Bowman wants top honor; Boldin defers to Crabtree | 49ers Hot Read

With 24 rushing yards Sunday, Kaepernick totaled 524 this season, the second-most by a 49ers quarterback behind Steve Young (537 yards, 1992).

This was the one I wasn't aware of today during the game.

– The 49ers won just 2 of 9 replay challenges this season, their latest defeat occurring in the third quarter when Harbaugh challenged the spot of a fourth-down run by Anthony Dixon.

:L

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
– The 49ers won just 2 of 9 replay challenges this season, their latest defeat occurring in the third quarter when Harbaugh challenged the spot of a fourth-down run by Anthony Dixon.

:L

That is alarming rate, I knew it was bad, but not that bad. Harbaugh needs to pick his battles better. He challenges things that are extremely difficult to overturn or when we could save the challenge or TO (based on a last challenge) for later in the game.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is alarming rate, I knew it was bad, but not that bad. Harbaugh needs to pick his battles better. He challenges things that are extremely difficult to overturn or when we could save the challenge or TO (based on a last challenge) for later in the game.

Who does Mangini work for?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Patton is healthy, because he is better then Mario anyway