• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 11): 49ERS vs. SAINTS

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well McDonald might sit out this one so we could see the tank rolling in.

Thats what I was hoping! I think its all but confirmed by the 49ers that Ray will sit out vs the Saints, however reading quotes from Fangio suggest that Tank isn't in the picture atm...

If McDonald is inactive, rookie defensive tackle Tank Carradine could be line for his NFL debut. Fangio was asked if Carradine was ready to play.

“I don’t know the answer to that,” he said.

But I will say both JE n Dobbs have played well when entering the game, that I do respect...

buts its a tank, who wouldn't want to see the tank!!!!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree but man we were throttled by injuries stemming from last yr and this year. I commend the office for snatching boldin when crabs was healthy. Nobody saw crabs getting that injury and we drafted Patton who also got that injury it just depleted us even more with manningjam out too. Once crabs and Patton are back it will be nice to see the full arsenal of crabs, boldin, manningham and Patton. As for drafting wise I just think they tried to gamble really big on Jenkins and failed. Patton still hasn't been on the field enough to really show what he has. Ronald Johnson was a late round pick that wasn't expected to do much. It will be interesting to see how they approach the position after this year with boldin and manningham up after this year and with Crabtree on his last yr next yr.

That's kind of my point, though. Have they had some rough shakes in terms of injury? Sure. But so have lots of other teams, and they still find ways to produce. Jarrett Boykin is a second-year UDFA, but he's performing at a very high level when he was asked to step in. I'm not even asking for that. I'm asking for any production whatsoever from the second WR spot. The staff's inability to do that is glaring. And if the WRs simply can't get it done, an effective coaching staff would find ways to get the RBs and TEs more involved. It is far too simplistic to say the players just can't play. We have talent. We need to find ways to use it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's worth noting that, playing in a single game with Scott Tolzien, Boykin put up 59 yards less than our receivers have through nine games. So it's not like Rodgers is the only reason he's performing.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree but man we were throttled by injuries stemming from last yr and this year. I commend the office for snatching boldin when crabs was healthy. Nobody saw crabs getting that injury and we drafted Patton who also got that injury it just depleted us even more with manningjam out too. Once crabs and Patton are back it will be nice to see the full arsenal of crabs, boldin, manningham and Patton. As for drafting wise I just think they tried to gamble really big on Jenkins and failed. Patton still hasn't been on the field enough to really show what he has. Ronald Johnson was a late round pick that wasn't expected to do much. It will be interesting to see how they approach the position after this year with boldin and manningham up after this year and with Crabtree on his last yr next yr.

I am not going to accept anything less than a trade up for Sammy Watkins.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

Coach Jim Harbaugh said "it doesn't look probable" that the 49ers will activate Michael Crabtree (Achilles') from the PUP list this week.

"He had a week of running routes, of sprinting, pushing the sled, lifting, training and catching," Harbaugh said. "He wasn't part of the team workout, but controlled would be the best way to say it." Crabtree practiced with the team Friday after doing side work Wednesday and Thursday. The 49ers have until November 28 to activate Crabtree to the active roster or shut him down for the year. A return for Week 12 against the Redskins next Monday night seems possible.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Nov 16 - 9:50 AM

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carrier's almost a big receiver. 6'3.5", 240 pounds, 4.5 40 and 38" vertical. Good quickness drills. Those are from a pro day, not the combine, so take them with a grain of salt, but I'm interested to see what he brings. Granted it's somewhat unlikely he'll get a ton of PT this week.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis - TE - 49ers

The Sacramento Bee considers Vernon Davis (concussion, questionable) "on track to play" Sunday at New Orleans.

The 49ers promoted TE Derek Carrier from their practice squad on Saturday, but it's believed that was more a reflection of Garrett Celek's (hamstring) status. Celek isn't going to play. Keep checking back for updates, but Davis underwent his final concussion protocol test on Friday, and is tentatively scheduled to start against the Saints. Beat writer Matt Barrows wrote again on his blog Saturday that Davis is "expected to play."
Source: Sacramento Bee

Nov 16 - 5:51 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

Michael Crabtree (Achilles') won't play in Sunday's game against the Saints.

Crabtree was able to practice Friday after doing side work Wednesday and Thursday, but still hasn't been activated from the PUP list. Assuming he avoids setbacks, there's a chance he could return in Week 12. The 49ers have until November 28 to activate Crabtree to the active roster.
Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

Nov 16 - 10:35 PM

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ready for some football. I know I am. Lets go 49ers

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday NFL countdown hit it on the head about Kap.. Besides Keshan. I wish I had a link but Im sure it will turn up.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was said

Well to a man they said Kap needs to stop being so sensitive and go out an play. Also talked about instead of being sensitive to learn from what people are saying about his game. Cris Carter compared him to Randell Cunningham being crown with early success and then fading off. Ray Lewis talked about him in the Super Bowl how the last play they played 0 coverage because they knew he couldn't beat them with his arm. Term one dimensional was used, thats about about it there may have been alittle more but that is the majority of it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to a man they said Kap needs to stop being so sensitive and go out an play. Also talked about instead of being sensitive to learn from what people are saying about his game. Cris Carter compared him to Randell Cunningham being crown with early success and then fading off. Ray Lewis talked about him in the Super Bowl how the last play they played 0 coverage because they knew he couldn't beat them with his arm. Term one dimensional was used, thats about about it there may have been alittle more but that is the majority of it.

Kaepernick acts like a little bitch in denial when he is criticized. That is why it is going to be very tough for him to improve his game.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick acts like a little bitch in denial when he is criticized. That is why it is going to be very tough for him to improve his game.

This is part of it... He got crowned way too early after being handed the keys to a premier team.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of it... He got crowned way too early after being handed the keys to a premier team.

What is so strange in that he played so well last year and this complete regression from stardom into ineptitude is mystifying.