• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 11): 49ERS vs. SAINTS

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the 9ers can pull off a win here. I don't see it happening ,but I will keep the Faith!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely needs to stop thining about making the crushing hit. It not only causes injury for himself but takes away from what he should actually be thinking and that is covering his area properly.

He has been covering his area. I think he has only been beat once all year. Not bad for a rookie.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He has been covering his area. I think he has only been beat once all year. Not bad for a rookie.

He's missed some tackles in the run game. No real complaints in coverage. He has been surprisingly sound in that area. Biggest concern right now is staying healthy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been a pleasant surprise. I thought Rodgers would eat him alive in the opener but Reid held his own. Don't fall in love with the big hit though, Reid, please.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Tank was going to play... if he's healthy... just send him to rush the passer, nothing complicated about that Fangio... jackass

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Niners really need to look in the mirror on this one: they absolutely suck handling, selecting, coaching receivers. They need help. They need to find some receivers guru and bring him in.

Agreed. There's no excuse for the way they have completely mismanaged the WR position, and I think the problems are throughout the organization. Scouting, coaching, playcalling, and QB play all seem to adversely affect the WR position. But I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to lay most of the blame at the feet of the coaching staff. The problem is just too bad to be explained in any other way.

Mario Manningham is our third leading wide receiver after one game in which he frankly played pretty poorly, with at least two drops. Discounting Boldin, our remaining wide receivers have COMBINED for 171 yards and no TDs. That is so pathetic. That's markedly worse than individual third receivers on many teams that don't have particularly good third receivers, like Cole Beasley for the Cowboys, Andre Roberts for the Cards, Teddy Ginn for the Panthers, Mike Brown for the Jags, Davone Bess for the Browns, Tandon Doss for the Ravens, and Dexter McCluster for the Chiefs. This was created when I looked at the third receivers on some of the worst passing teams in the league. I'm not even considering good passing teams, whose third receivers would completely dwarf the production of the Niners' WRs. There appear to only be a handful of teams with third receivers who are worse than our entire unit (again, excepting Boldin). Hell, throw in Boldin, and there are 12 players with more yards than our entire WR corps (one TE in Graham), and 40 individual wide receivers with more TDs.

There is no excuse for that absolute lack of production. It's so awful that coaching pretty much has to be the single largest cause. There is no way that a semi-competent coaching staff can't get more out of the WR corps. Literally every team in the league is able to do more with borderline physical talent. Even mediocre or bad passing teams routinely plug in rookies, re-treads, and perennial backups or waiver wire fodder who are able to do something on the field. It is, without a doubt, the most glaring flaw for an otherwise very effective staff, and it absolutely has to be addressed aggressively if we have any hope of competing going forward.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Tank was going to play... if he's healthy... just send him to rush the passer, nothing complicated about that Fangio... jackass

Well McDonald might sit out this one so we could see the tank rolling in.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. There's no excuse for the way they have completely mismanaged the WR position, and I think the problems are throughout the organization. Scouting, coaching, playcalling, and QB play all seem to adversely affect the WR position. But I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to lay most of the blame at the feet of the coaching staff. The problem is just too bad to be explained in any other way.

Mario Manningham is our third leading wide receiver after one game in which he frankly played pretty poorly, with at least two drops. Discounting Boldin, our remaining wide receivers have COMBINED for 171 yards and no TDs. That is so pathetic. That's markedly worse than individual third receivers on many teams that don't have particularly good third receivers, like Cole Beasley for the Cowboys, Andre Roberts for the Cards, Teddy Ginn for the Panthers, Mike Brown for the Jags, Davone Bess for the Browns, Tandon Doss for the Ravens, and Dexter McCluster for the Chiefs. This was created when I looked at the third receivers on some of the worst passing teams in the league. I'm not even considering good passing teams, whose third receivers would completely dwarf the production of the Niners' WRs. There appear to only be a handful of teams with third receivers who are worse than our entire unit (again, excepting Boldin). Hell, throw in Boldin, and there are 12 players with more yards than our entire WR corps (one TE in Graham), and 40 individual wide receivers with more TDs.

There is no excuse for that absolute lack of production. It's so awful that coaching pretty much has to be the single largest cause. There is no way that a semi-competent coaching staff can't get more out of the WR corps. Literally every team in the league is able to do more with borderline physical talent. Even mediocre or bad passing teams routinely plug in rookies, re-treads, and perennial backups or waiver wire fodder who are able to do something on the field. It is, without a doubt, the most glaring flaw for an otherwise very effective staff, and it absolutely has to be addressed aggressively if we have any hope of competing going forward.

I agree but man we were throttled by injuries stemming from last yr and this year. I commend the office for snatching boldin when crabs was healthy. Nobody saw crabs getting that injury and we drafted Patton who also got that injury it just depleted us even more with manningjam out too. Once crabs and Patton are back it will be nice to see the full arsenal of crabs, boldin, manningham and Patton. As for drafting wise I just think they tried to gamble really big on Jenkins and failed. Patton still hasn't been on the field enough to really show what he has. Ronald Johnson was a late round pick that wasn't expected to do much. It will be interesting to see how they approach the position after this year with boldin and manningham up after this year and with Crabtree on his last yr next yr.