• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game time

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie was one of my favorite Cards, even though he was only there for 2 years
I was working about 60 hrs a week between work and school back in '02, so I actually hardly remember him as a Giant. I was living in the Midwest at the time and hadn't discovered message boards yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 time all-star
Combined with his two brothers to hit 573 career HRs.
One of his brothers contributed 87 of those HRs.
Native San Franciscan.
Ended his career with the Giants.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moises Alou?

edit: NO WAIT! Moises Alou didn't have brothers, it was his dad that was the trio.

The only other trio I can think of is the DiMaggios and the Molinas. None of the Molina's were from SF.

Wasn't Joe. Dom was a Sox for life. So Vince?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edit: NO WAIT! Moises Alou didn't have brothers, it was his dad that was the trio.

The only other trio I can think of is the DiMaggios and the Molinas. None of the Molina's were from SF.

Wasn't Joe. Dom was a Sox for life. So Vince?
I figured it wouldn't be that hard, but that was fast.

Well done.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured it wouldn't be that hard, but that was fast.

Well done.

It tripped me up. I thought for sure it was one of the Alou's. I thought maybe Felipe, he ended his career with the Giants, as a manager. But I doubted any of them were from SF. Bengie Molina would have been a good guess too, but I doubted any were from SF.

I wasn't sure about the DiMaggios because I honestly didn't think they played for the Giants. Vince was the only one who played for multiple teams though. I just looked up his numbers, not pretty. No wonder it was forgotten.

After that, no trio of brothers come to mind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It tripped me up. I thought for sure it was one of the Alou's. I thought maybe Felipe, he ended his career with the Giants, as a manager. But I doubted any of them were from SF. Bengie Molina would have been a good guess too, but I doubted any were from SF.

I wasn't sure about the DiMaggios because I honestly didn't think they played for the Giants. Vince was the only one who played for multiple teams though. I just looked up his numbers, not pretty. No wonder it was forgotten.

After that, no trio of brothers come to mind.
Actually, Money ended his career in Texas, not San Fran...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit a home run in my first ML AB, but not in my first ML game (it was my 12th game).

Signed as a free agent 8 times, traded 5 times, drafted once after I signed (by an organization that doesn't exist today), and purchased once in my 14 year career.

Teammates with Vlad Guerrero, Paul Lo Duca (on 2 different teams), and Buster Posey.

In Spring Training, started a battle with HOFer Mike Piazza that lasted 2 years. I hit him, he choked me, I hit him again the next year.

Suspended for a total of 154 games for 3 different offenses. And I probably retired before I could be hit with my last strike.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit a home run in my first ML AB, but not in my first ML game (it was my 12th game).

Signed as a free agent 8 times, traded 5 times, drafted once after I signed (by an organization that doesn't exist today), and purchased once in my 14 year career.

Teammates with Vlad Guerrero, Paul Lo Duca (on 2 different teams), and Buster Posey.

In Spring Training, started a battle with HOFer Mike Piazza that lasted 2 years. I hit him, he choked me, I hit him again the next year.

Suspended for a total of 154 games for 3 different offenses. And I probably retired before I could be hit with my last strike.
Guillen (although, I thought he was drafted by the Pirates)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guillermo Mota. The Piazza battle gave it away.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guillermo Mota. The Piazza battle gave it away.

I left the rest of the clues ambiguous for this reason. I get a kick out of it because it was all in ST. Reminds me of the Fielder-Zito thing a couple Springs ago. Though Piazza was much more violent. He sought out Mota the first time and choked him. The next Spring, Mota threw at Piazza again, and Piazza went to the dugout after the game looking for Mota, but he bailed. Who says guys don't take camp seriously!

Mota was signed by the Mets as an amateur FA in 1990. He was drafted by the Expos in the minor league draft in 1996. Then he was released in 1998, signed in 1999 by the Expos again. Then he was traded four times, bought out, claimed, then signed, traded again, then signed five more times.

Hit a home run his only AB his rookie season.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mota crossed my mind once I realized we were talking about a pitcher (1st ab in 12th game). This was also the clue that eliminated Guillen after I mentioned him. He was a rather highly touted prospect, IIRC, so would not have played in 12 games before going to the plate.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pitcher won 99 games in a 13 year career.
He played for 4 different teams, one of which does not exist any longer.
Pitched only one year in the AL.
Teammates included Andres Galarraga, Moises Alou, Brent Mayne, Steve Decker and Matt Williams, among the 4 teams he pitched.