• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing though... The Northern Army was complicit in the pillage and slaughter in the city from what I could tell. Would be weird for them to now feign outrage IMO... Sure Dany killed more than they did, but that's only because she had a much more efficient means of doing so...

that's a great point. and one thing i've just remembered when you birng that up is the look sir davos gave jon snow towards the end of last nights battle.

that sir davos guy seems to be in all of the epic moments and battles, he doesn't do much, but ends up surviving. and at just the right place of some major event happening he's johnny on the spot, like he's a freaking 3ER or something. what's up with this dude? he's sliding under the radar.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think what happened explains that progression.

I've shared some ways, and I am fine with it happening. But they way things panned out doesn't satisfy me.

I don't think any of the other ways you've shared would accurately depict truly going mad.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Euron was easily the most WTF character a TV show has ever seen. How he died was fitting because of everything that invoved him's ludicrous nature. I hope that actor at least got paid well. Good God.

Yea sounds like the book did him more justice

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Battlestar Galactica.... The ole, "Okay people, you have one abbreviated season to wrap up this intricate story that you've spent years and years building and developing.".
Yes! I fucking hated BG and how they wrapped it up. Good example

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a great point. and one thing i've just remembered when you birng that up is the look sir davos gave jon snow towards the end of last nights battle.

that sir davos guy seems to be in all of the epic moments and battles, he doesn't do much, but ends up surviving. and at just the right place of some major event happening he's johnny on the spot, like he's a freaking 3ER or something. what's up with this dude? he's sliding under the radar.
did Gendry just say, I'm heading home to Dragonstone...deuces.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we ever see Bronn again...

A shame.
Cersei killed by a piece of falling rock and this show killed by two lazy writers.

Why didn't they fire the ballista arrows at the incoming army?

Initially they were poised to fire into the air and the dragon flew low... Plus it took much longer to reload unlike the previous episode.

If I have one major complaint it would be that Cersie the most evil person in the show had a underwhelming finish.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't really go wrong....his advice/counseling would have most likely been good if Dany would have listened. Cercei may have listened to Jaime after her army surrendered. The city wouldn't have burned, and Dany would have a relatively peaceful victory.

Good point although before that all his plan just made things worse.

Reactions: gob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mea culpa that I was confusing Aeron and Euron. But the rest is still accurate regarding Victarion.

It's easy enough, at least for me, to confuse the Greyjoy brothers (Balon's brothers), but Euron is the one with the dragon horn.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Greyjoys are so much better in the books. So weird and creepy

I was glad the Greyjoy's were streamlined in the show, because they were some of my least favorite parts of the books, especially the last two (although Arianne still, hands down, is my least favorite character). That said, I agree the Greyjoy's were far more interesting in the books.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that the day after the final episode airs, GRRM announces he is finished with Winds of Winter and we can all be happy again.

then, behold, Rothfuss announces he finished the next Kingkiller book!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you need attention, GnG? You posted this in the Game of Thrones thread already

Game of Thrones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really wish Dany had just gone straight for the Red Keep once the bells rang. That she went full on Fire and Blood/Burn them All, thus doing what Jaime killed her father to prevent, is a bit brutal. That said, it isn't like it should be any great surprise, imo.

A couple of moments I "enjoyed" in all that ... the flashes of wildfire exploding throughout the city (presumably left over from her daddy), and the fact they included the clip of the dragon's shadow flying over King's Landing that we saw in the House of the Undying (and I think one of Bran's visions).

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dany kills Jon for his "betrayal" last week (and for rejecting her)

and then Arya kills Dany in vengeance for Jon

Meh, Jon got brought back to life for a reason. I doubt that it was just to be killed by Dany. It's probably the opposite, the Stark code forces him to kill Dany.